Victor DriveX 7K

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Budi, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So i was scrolling around RF FB page & found this DX7K 3U & 4U having so big swing weight different.
    3U : 88SW
    4U : 80SW

8 point different as if they had totally different BP or weight distribution.
    Normally other racket would only had around 4-5 different at most.

Is that even normal?

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Now that you mention, had possibility to try 3u one, but with strings and factory grip/plastic wrap total weight is only 91g and head weight is 41g, with BP of 306, so I do not know what they are smoking there but is definitely not 3u (strings and plastic wrap would be -7g) and definitely not even balance racket, so it could be that tolerances from item to item are very big :/ thus would explain 80sw of 4u one. but it is good bat actually - fast and stable, precise.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't know what string, but a set of BG80 in a racket weight around 2.5-3g. The plastic around 1-1.5g. How do you measure to 7g? Nothing new that 3U Victors are often on the lighter side of the 3U range.

According to my numbers you should land within a range of 86.5 - 87.5g which the lighter side of 3U. A 3U with 41g headweight is according to my books even balance to slightly head light. BTW your balance point is with strings, right? Without strings which is the reasonable number you should land around 290-295mm.

That Victor has weight variance is nothing new. I measure 2012 various 3U MX80s withing the dry weight of 86-89g to cherry pick.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

now that you mention it.
    My TK770, BG66UM, original grip + plastic + AC102 weight are 99gr. Kinda like 2U rather than 3U.

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Again. The classification is unstrung and without any additional grips. AC102 should be around 5-6g depending how much you use of it. Soaked by sweat has also influence. String is around 2.5-3g. plastic around 1-1.5g. So you would be borderline in the high 3U or maybe in the lower 2U.

6. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

just measured aerosonics now, they weight 3.5g, so vbs-68 will be around 4-5g, and plastic wrap has big white sticker as well, so it really feels as 4u and not even balanced at all.

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    A full set or exactly what goes into a racket? with plastic clip or without? On sets you can knock off 15-20% easily. 10m of BG80Power are 3.8 on my scale. And around 8.5m goes into my rackets. A Yonex set is often more towards 10.5 to 11m. I string an Astrox this evening and weight it before and after stringing with BG80P at 22lbs.

Like all Victors and never more than 1.5g. What you feel is a different story. You can't mix numbers and feeling. IMO you are at the low side for 3U and I would be surprised if you would land without strings and plastic under 85g from 91g with Aerosonic and even if it hits exactly 85.0g it's still 3U and not 4U.

8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I had other racket with broken aerosonic strings and weighted with strings and then after removing strings - difference around 4g, 85g is way more 4u than 3u :) and it feels like it