Racket suggestions

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bad_noob, Jun 9, 2020.

1. bad_noob

bad_noob New Member

Is Yonex voltric good for beginners?

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I suggest looking at apacs, forza, adidas or other brands rather than Yonex.
    Voltric rackets are generally not easy to use.
    Those other companies offer some good quality mid range rackets which will be more user friendly for a beginner and cheaper too.
    I suggest a medium flex and mid balanced racket.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Why only Voltric?
    Do you had some interest on it or some concern for the other model?
    As far as i know the low end Voltric
    VT8, VT11, VT21 is 3U & abit stiff tho not quite much which i think is pretty heavy unless you are physically stronger, especially 11 & 21 which its BP is very head heavy.

Astrox Smash
    Astrox FB
    Nanoflare Drive
    Are some few cheap low end that good for beginner from Yonex brand.

& i also agree with Dave to consider other brand. You might get better quality racket with equaly cheap price.

Dave1011 likes this.
  4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Almost any racket that's not too extreme is fine for beginners, but I'd suggest to start with a cheap racket for several reasons...
    1. just get on court, play and train, the racket doesn't matter
    2. other equipment is more important and makes a bigger difference; strings, shuttles and shoes are some examples
    3. it's cheaper
    4. you cannot blame the racket anyway
    5. you will only develop a taste for a certain kind of racket when you've established some technique and it will change when your technique and other preferences change... too much change at the beginning anyway to account for that

My advice is to just get some not expensive racket, no matter if it's a Yonex or some other brand. A racket I can highly recommend for the price is the Adidas Spieler A09.1, but there's many others.

Don't waste you're time with it, just go out and play.

And if you have more money to spend, use it for a coach, for court time, for strings, for shuttles, for shoes...

bad_noob and surge like this.
  5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hi there

If you're up to date with all Yonex line of racket then you'll know that Yonex's Voltric series is specifically made as a replacement model for all previous Yonex Armortec series of rackets. Yonex maintained Armortec main spec when replacing it with Voltric which, it is still a head heavy balance series type of racket.

If you're a beginner then you need to search for a racket that's easy for you to handle. A beginner racket. A racket that comes with an even or lighter head balance, flexible shaft, lower weight so that it feels good in your hands and swings. A head heavy racket is NOT a beginner racket. If you don't have the strength in your arms and swings to handle a head heavy balance racket then it's not just the quality of your hits will be poor but in a long run you will definitely injured yourself. All and including the lowest line of racket in the Voltric series comes with head heavy balance. My suggestion is that if you still want to buy a Yonex brand then search a racket from the other Yonex series which fits well with your preferences (Duora/All the Nano families) or from other cheaper brands as suggested here from other BC members.

Good luck

SS

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The voltric 5fx is a very decent racket to start badminton. Not too light, not too heavy and is midflex. Headweight around 40g.

swsh and speCulatius like this.
  7. surge

surge Regular Member

one main concern is cost. the other is how serious you think you are going to play. don get a low end racket just becos you are a beginner. especially yonex. look for other brands if you want to spend less and get a good racket. yonex rackets are only good after a certain premium. buy a good racket( even if its a no brand racket) and you will be able to play longer with it cos once you learn how to play, you want to use you low end racket anymore. when you start to understand how to use your racket. when you can tell difference things like swing weight...racket weight and how they affect you game. you can then decide on a racket that best suit you. there will come a point that you just want a few more rackets:) once you start enjoying the game.
    (at 5fx price, you can get alot of very good rackets. but if you are just playing social and have no intention of being more serious, get yonex. friends will recognise yonex and think its a good racket.)

8. surge

surge Regular Member

Attached Files:

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I disagree. Even Yonex has some gems at the lower prices. I recommend every beginner to buy a low end racket. They will play doubles with beginners and are more likely to clash and in any clash any racket can die. I also won't give a **** about tension limits as sign of durability. We have seen many sinking of premium rackets in the past. Even below the maximum. I strung various mid to low-end Yonex rackets at serious tensions and not all are bad. Only Voltric Force was bad quality. IMO a good racket is not married to a brand or price. My experience with VT5FX are quite good. Many ladies at my club play it.

swsh, speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Im not quite care if one want to buy cheap or expensive as its their money, but i still suggest low end for beginner as low end are much forgiving than high end especially the one used by pro.
    But by any mean i will try to avoid use tension as parameter for beginner. Theres where many beginner tend to repeat the same mistake thinking higher tension is better & they race each others about who use the highest tension.

speCulatius, ucantseeme and surge like this.
  11. Steff

Steff New Member

Buy anything cheap and spend your money on a few months good training and you will find an answer yourself.
    You need to know what kind of racket suits you.
    Buying better racket might not help you if you do not know how to use it.
    Some people are buying expensive rackets to find only how difficult it is to use them.
    Have a look on badmintonhq.co.uk, there is a racket selector according to a player's level.