Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i guest its 100ZX job to cover the back court:D.
    But instead, why did Yonex makes it less premium. Why dont they use the same Black Micro thing material, the same as 100ZZ with different BP or at least use the same old premium material like Nanometric so ZX will be in par with ZZ.
    If so, it will be new twins like 88D/88S. Front & back court combo. Or maybe they aim for single as targeted market, so they purposely kill ZX.

2. Kapca81

Kapca81 New Member

Do not know. Never used ZX. I must admit that after more than a month of use the racket smash power is much better than at the begining. It is very different racked than LDF and power is generated more by racked speed than racked head weight. I must say that ZZ is very balanced racked and is a joy to use once you get used to it. I think I had problems because I used head heavy power rackets for so many years and had to adapt a little. Now I have problems using some of my old rackets (hands just feel really tired after few sessions).

I will definitely try one in 3U weight but they are quite hard to get in EU right now and I still have bounch of LDFs and other old rackets to use :/

3. Z3R05G

Z3R05G New Member

Now that i have used mine, the zz's more solid feel is much more preferable than my 88d and ldf (and i just bought the latest recolor of the ldf, oh well). Do tell me what you think of the 3u when you get your hands on 1 bec i bought the 4u ver- and i feel like i can handle 3u bec of the balanced feel. I can't stress enough how great the zz's solid feel is.

4. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Took a look today at frame head size, all observations based on unstrung models

AX100:
    slightly taller than NF800
    Roughly similar but much rounder to DUOZS
    Clearly bigger than ZF2
    Obviously not a full / normal head shape

5. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Been using minefor a bit. Really do like it but it's no HH monster that's for sure. My tc75 and tc75c smash much harder. Tbh I've been using loads of different racquets the past 2 years and I'm really starting to realize that racquets make such small differences. Even used my friends nanoflare 700 while he tried my 100zz and I was playing pretty well. But don't get me wrong I know most of us just are enthusiasts and it is our guilty pleasure to buy different racquets and try them. I will keep playing with my zz and check back in couple weeks. Like most of you, I stopped playing during pandemic and I've still yet to recover to my old form. Specifically my footwork is really bad right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Froilan Rivera

Froilan Rivera Regular Member

do you think it is not that hard to use for enthusiasts and club players?

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

its not easy to tell.
    I fear i cant handle stiff racket before when im still using Lining MP UC5000 & want to buy TK770. Its kinda gamble yet its a good bet for me as it turn out to love it.
    Maybe he had the physical capability to handle the stiffness or he is used to stiff racket.

Froilan Rivera likes this.
  8. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

It's not hard to use. It says extra stiff but seems like it's basic stiff. Sweet spot is big. I didn't need to adjust that much.

Froilan Rivera likes this.
  9. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

So it's not hard to use compared to dzs and zf2? If anyone has his racquets as well.

10. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

I can confirm 100zz 4u is easier to use compared to dzs 3u and fz2 4u

kenner30 and Rommel Alastra like this.
  11. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Can i get a judgement comparing the 100zz woth 88s?

I play MD primarily. Altho the head is heavier than the 88s, does it move quicker considering the slimmer shaft and smaller frame?

12. Tino

Tino Regular Member

First time playing with this racket
    Very surprised that the fact that the frame is so fast, maybe too fast (I'm using the 4u version)

Struggled to hit consistent smash, but packs a lot of power when hitting right

In fact, some of my lift even got out of court not by much

Front court was amazing, was able to net kill consistently

Back court drop shot was amazing though, maybe the solid core shaft helps finding more solidity

I'll come back with a follow up in the coming weeks as it was my first time playing since lockdown

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

13. Kingsley90

Kingsley90 Regular Member

I’m using the 100zz 4u @ BG66 Um 28lbs. One thing i can conclude is that it is much user friendly than DZS. I like its solid feel when doing drop shot and backhand net kill is amazing. Love the new cap design. Very comfortable plus the shorter length of shaft made it more deadly at front court. For smash i’m starting to get used to the new head shape design. The smash very satisfying for me. I think it is a real successor of the DZS. Now planning to sell off my DZS but feel like keeping it as collection thoo_O

smashinator99 likes this.
  14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Found this video on Youtube

Seems like ZX is actually mid end ZZ. Similar BP & Swing Weight.
    Tought its more head heavy for back court play, but seems like its some production tolerant as he measure 3 different racket & get 3 different result.

15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I've been using 3u 100ZZ for 2 months.
    In the first 1 month, it's only an easy racket with good repulsion.

Until I found out how to correctly samsh with it, it became really good.
    How to : whipping the racket to the maximum speed in a very short time, and add the power of wrist and fingers smoothly.
    To make it simple, it's a full power drive toward the opponents' base line.
    This kind of smash is for speed oriented rackets. with the 3u 100ZZ, it would be difficult and consumes a lot of energy to do so.
    However, it gives the missing piece and makes this racket shines.

Saru, Vivek Bagadhi and visor like this.
  16. SY777

SY777 New Member

I have a 100ZZ 3u and have abit of issue adjusting with the feel and smashes from 1 week of play. Will try to use it abit more to see how it goes. Currently using a 88D 4U racket and i play MD.

For 100zz 4U, i hear from others that the racket is "too" light so i'm not sure if that would be an issue too. Happy to hear if anyone can provide their experiences on it.

17. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I'm finding I'm reaching for my n9ii when I have to be more focused on the back court. I think 4u is more front mid court and 3u for back court. But I can still have some nice smashes with 100zz

18. Tino

Tino Regular Member

This is a follow-up from my previous post about trying this racket.

Some days passed, and I feel that my timing is coming back, which is more important than any other high end, or z rackets.

When hitting right, you can feel the shaft bending, and the smash getting steeper.
    Also, for back court drop shots, I had to use more wrist to generate enough power.

For those who like comparaison, it's like the Yonex version of the victor thruster f, as it's a bit lighter than this one's 4u version

So in the end, it's understandle that not everyone loves this racket as it's not a typical z racket

Feel free to ask me any question as in my area in Montreal, I can play indoor badminton once again

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

19. SolidBaniya

SolidBaniya Regular Member

Student
    Wow! you won't believe I have same strings BG 80 Power. This racket is amazing just the paint quality is very disappointing from Yonex. Paint would just chip off soo easily. You d need to be extra careful while scooping shuttles and clashes. I think this racket is very fragile. But feel is just awesome and it does produce steeper shots. I love it!

20. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Got to dry swing the 100zz 4u no string at my local stringer shop.. and I quickly impressed with the racket feel. imho the 4u unit feels very light weight in compare to my other 4u rackets..

Being a casual 4u user, I might be considering getting the 3u instead for this zz

One the other note, I saw some are already selling their 100zz or willing to trade with other racket.. most of the 4u weight. Is it something faulty with the racket like the Nanoflare series ?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk