Recommend a new racquet to eventually replace my Ti10Gen2?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jaicee, Jul 16, 2020.

1. jaicee

jaicee Regular Member

Hi All,

I just gone through a spate of breaking my old racquets and finally can decide on buying a pair of new generation raquets. In the last 6monthes I have broken Cabonex30MS, Cabonex10 and Nanoray I-Speed. I only have my Ti10Gen2 in regular play and have retired my Ti10Gen1 for now given how rare it is. My collection of racquets were simple purchased on a whim at times.

I play mens doubles and mixed doubles. Playing about 3 times a week for about 2 hours each night. I would be considered an average B grader.

Playing style is defensive and really trying to move people around. My smash is not powerful enough to try and bully good opponents. I did find however I smash better with the Cabonex10, Ti10Gen1 and Carbonnex30MS, and you do need a need a decent smash to ensure some respect. The Nanoray I-Speed felt lack of power but was the racquet I switched to towards the end of the night. The Ti10Gen2 feels all round to me but could lack power at times for smashing.

I would like a recommendation for a Yonex racquet that is as close to a Ti10Gen1 or Ti10Gen2. I not really made up my mind on whether I need extra smashing power or not. It has been a long time I looked at racquets and I do not know the current models at all, hence this post.

Thanks in advance

2. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

astrox 88d most likely. You can also try the blue and gold astrox 99, but don't get the old color version with the orange

3. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    i disagree, i remember Ti-10 as something very even balance stiff shaft and quick, with a feel that yonex has not duplicated/replicated since.

i would say 3u: nanoflare 800, duora zstrike, duora 8xp... and perhaps astrox 100 is worth a look if you are trying to get as close to Ti-10 as possible.

4. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Maybe also duora 10, but there's not many even balance stiff rackets I can recommend from Yonex frankly. Arc11 and astrox 88s is definitely of that spec, but they both have that holding feel on impact that I don't think you'll like coming from ti10.