Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Jeremiah is good. Find him a good or steady partner like Alfian , and he will be explosive (just like Kevin) . though Kevin/Jeremiah might not work well. I actually thought Alfian is having burnoff that he needed holiday ( he performed worst than Rian in recent tournaments).

Kevin/Reza is so so. Where is syahnawi? I remembered he reached Final in WJC or AJC.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Couldn't find any of the streaming of the morning sessions anywhere.. :(:(

Found bits of the afternoon sessions in this channel and all been removed (edited)

#6242 yuquall, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Day 2 Finally Kevin vs Marcus
    And again sadly we can't watch it... unless we are in Indonesia..:(

[​IMG]

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Result for morning session of Day 2 MD

MD - Match 7 Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana vs Daniel Marthin/Muhammad Rian Ardianto 12-21 7-21
    MD - Match 8 Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yacob Rambitan vs Leo Rolly Carnando/Mohammad Ahsan 21-18 16-21 21-19
    MD - Match 9 Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri vs Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh Reza Pahlevi Isfahani 18-21 14-21

A surprising result by Rian/Daniel to win their first match of three convincingly.
    The battle between minions favoring Kevin this time.
    After this morning result, the only pairs that still have the chance to win the tournament are only Alfian Rambitan and Sukamuljo/Isfahani

Source : http://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9138
    [​IMG]
    Kevin/Reza replaced Fajar/Yeremiah at top the group.

Kevin : Our performance in the second game was pretty much the same as the first one, maybe the opponents were affected by their loss of the first game. They couldn't get their game going in the second game.

Reza : From keeping the motivation up, I also want to prove that I can keep up (with Kevin). On court, Kevin often reminded me to keep the focus. He mostly reminds me more about the focus, not much about the game or the technical stuff

Kevin : Indeed the most important in a match is the focus, as the the technically everyone is pretty much equally leveled

To respond to Fajar/Yeremia's being curious to play against them, Kevin/Reza said that it would be a very exciting encounter. So far these two pairs are the strongest in the group.merupakan dua pasangan terkuat saat ini di daftar klasemen.

Kevin while laughing responding to Fajar/Yeremia's comment: We have often trained together, it will definitely be very exciting when we face each other

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

1. Evaluation and preparation for next match?
    Kevin : Overall we played quite well I think, we just need to be consistent and keep our concentration really well.

2. What's the difference between playing with Marcus who is on the same level and now with a junior?
    Kevin : Everyone has their own strength and weakness both juniors and seniors, nothing much differ.

3. What do you usually communicate while pairing together?
    Reza : Usually he talks about focus
    Kevin : What's important is to maintain the focus, technical wise everyone is on the same level and everyone has their own playing rythm

4. Any special preparation to play Fajar/Yeremia tomorrow?
    Kevin : Nah, just play.
    Reza : There is none. What's important is that we focus and we just want to win.

7. wade

wade Regular Member

Hendra, I think ?

Tomorrow gonna be interesting. kevin/reza vs fajar/yeremia.

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Afternoon session result :

Match 10 Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana vs Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yacob Rambitan 21-23 14-21
    Match 11 Daniel Marthin/Muhammad Rian Ardianto vs Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri 20-22 21-19 21-12
    Match 12 Moh Reza Pahlevi Isfahani/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo vs Mohammad Ahsan/Leo Rolly Carnando 21-16 21-23 12-21

Second win for Daniel/Rian and first win for Ahsan/Leo.
    What happened to Kevin/Reza in G3? They hate their new nickname "KeRe"? lol Hopefully they will play their best tomorrow.
    Fajar/Yeremia is back at the top for now.

The match between Kevin/Reza and Fajar/Yeremia tomorrow will decide who the champion is. Go Kevin/Reza!

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

According to Susi, the other MD players are still in quarantined therefore they couldn't participate in this tournament.

So to make things more interesting and also for the experience the junior players could be benefit from, the management team and the coaches decided to make new 6 pairs consisting of 1 senior and 1 junior player using draw.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Last day

Last (3rd) match will be the "final" match to decide who will be the champion of this tournament.

pbsi.jpg

#6250 yuquall, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The result of the tournament

Match 13 - Pramudya Kusumawardana/Hendra Setiawan vs Muhammad Shohibul Fikri/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon 15-21 21-13 11-21
    Match 14 - Daniel Marthin/Muhammad Rian Ardianto vs Leo Rolly Carnando/Mohammad Ahsan 21-19 21-12
    Match 15 - Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yotje Yacob Rambitan vs Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh. Reza Pahlevi Isfahani 21-18 21-18

Congrats to the winner. To pair with someone new in a short time notice and compete is not that easy. Sad it's over this soon. They should do this again.

upload_2020-6-26_14-49-33.jpeg

#6251 yuquall, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just wondering, why Indonesian players names are so long? Is there any reason or background for it? Can't remember all of their names.. :confused:

Personal opinion:
    From some of the matches that I manage to watch (before being removed), it seemed like most players weren't yet match fit. Would love to see them play again when all of them are back match fit. Hope they will have this again next time and not geo block the streaming:(:mad:

Kevin/Reza : I think they were doing quite well considering. Kevin seemed to lose his touch since G3 in the second match yesterday and looked tired too. His smashes power declined significantly as the tournament went by. Not enough spice that he usually would have shown under normal circumstances. His partner is also a quiet type, together they are the silent pair lol. Some commented that they communicated with each other using telepathy as they hardly seen tossing and all. But I observed that they supported each other by racket tapping and (almost unnoticeable if you weren't paying much attention) very little hand gesture:) Reza did well keeping up with Kevin and Kevin said in the interview that he felt Reza's level is not below his, just tended to lose focus at times. It was weird to witness Kevin this "subdued" as if he was half sleeping while playing lol.

Marcus/Fikri : Is it me or is it the camera angle or has Marcus gained weight..? His jersey seemed tighter than usual and a bit wider. :D:p. Playing with a junior front court player, I think he did quite well covering the front court too. In the match against Kevin/Reza, there were times when Marcus was very decisive at the front. His movement was a bit slow in my opinion, maybe due to the long break.

Here is an article of Coache HErry IP's evaluation of the performances of his players :
    https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9146
    ==================================
    In summaries
    Fajar/Yere - good communication and consistent
    Daniel/Martin - good comeback after a disastrous first day
    Kevin/Reza - Kevin's physical condition isn't fit yet (due to less intense training during the pandemic).
    Hendra/Pramuda - Hendra strained his back a little. Performed well at the beginning but declined as the tournament went on
    Marcus/Fikri - same category as Hendra, started off well but declined
    Ahsan/Leo - had a good chance but for Leo lacking arm's strength

===================================

Evaluation from Herry IP of the MD

[​IMG]

(Jakarta, 26/6/2020)

Men's Doubles head coach Herry Iman Pierngadi, said there were many things that require evaluation from the performance by the 6 pairs that participated in Mola TV PBSI Home Tournament. During three days, Herry did some assessment of his proteges' performances.

Herry gave an appreciation for Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yoche Yacob Rambitan as the best pair in this competition. He thought that both of them were able to perform consistently since the first to the last match.

In the last match, Fajar/Yeremia beat Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh. Reza Pahlevi Isfahani with score 21-18, 21-18.

Herry : "At the beginning of this tournament, I wasn't able to predict who would be the champion as all pair's strength were leveled. But after three or four matches, I saw Fajar/Yere could be the champion, because they played very consistently."

According to Herry, the communication between Fajar who is the senior and the younger Yeremia could be one of the key of their success of this sudden duet.

Herry: "Previously Yere often made errors, but we could see that Fajar guided him. He gave inputs, cheered him and told him to keep focused. In the decider match, they were toe to toe with Kevin/Reza, then Fajar gave some inputs to Yere and Yere could execute it "

Meanwhile, Herry didn't expect that Fajar/Yeremia won over Kevin/Reza as the second ranked in straight games.

Herry : " I thought it would have gone rubber games, but in actual Fajar/Yere won two straight games. I asked Kevin, and indeed Kevin's physical condition hasn't yet returned fully because the training in this pandemic season hadn't been 100% and they all had to compete suddenly and played twice a day"

Herry said that there were many things that could be good lessons for the athletes from this tournament. For example the pair Muhammad Rian Ardianto/Daniel Marthin who tried to make a comeback after failed winning on the first day. Both are back court players, they struggled to control the front net so that htey didn't get the chance to attack.

Herry : "I did gave some input to then, there had to be one who played at the front, pick one player to control the game and set up the partner so the play could go alive. The good thing is even though they couldn't manage to do it in their first two matches, but they could make a comeback and prove themselves in the following matches"

During this Competition, Herry hoped that the juniors were able to gain as many experience as they could from the seniors. He also said that the younger players were lucky to be able to have a try of partnering their seniors who had pretty good world's ranking.

The senior players should also be able to learn from this tournament, that to guide a young player was not easy.

Herry : "Senior players are used to play with leveled partner, always like what they thought, what they hoped, the playing style etc. Now they have to guide the juniors, have to manage their heart, not getting upset because usually the ones who makes the errors are the juniors"

"As a senior, they have to accept the partner's weakness and learn how to revive their partner's spirit."

From the 6 pairs participating, Herry grouped their performance into three. The first one is the stable one since the start to the end which is Fajar/Yeremia. Then the ones whose performances keep going up which is Rian/Daniel. While Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri, Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana Riyanto was pretty good at the beginning but declined afterwrards.

Herry judged that Leo/Ahsan actually had a chance, but Leo still have to increase his arm's strength. So far this was the most underlined issue Herry found from Leo's performances during this competition.

ebcd, Mario21 and Baddie lover like this.
  13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Marcus/Fikri beat Hendra/Pramudya

(Jakarta, 26/6/2020)

Marcus : Hendra's front court shots were indeed really good. He could stop the shuttle, and slowing the tempo. He is really experienced. We were just more focused and more fit today.

Fikri : I have to increase my focus in order to not make unforced errors, and the mindset. The lesson that I got from Marcus is his calmness and his patience.
    I can keep up from physical wise but not from mental wise. I also have to increase my arm's power, many of my returns were too high.

Marcus : We are not yet as fit as before because the training isn't 100% yet, it's only to maintain our condition. Right now the important target for us is not to get sick. Beside that, we just became pairs, there are many weakness that need training.

14. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    names contain religious and ancestral connections.

15. sen

sen Regular Member

My name is short and I am glad that my parent name me a short name. That was the trend in 1960s to 1970s.
    I regret naming my son a bit a longer. The trend in 1990s and 2000s parents named their children at least with 3 word so that they can be shorten like JFK. Some even longer for religious name or their race habit of naming.

That's why last time we have Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijaya and now we have KSS and MFG

16. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Aah I miss minions. Hopefully there will be a tournament soon.. anywhere, TUC would be important enough for every body to give their hardest effort to make it happen...?

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Players who dont feel success might retire when the pandemic ends..

Who knows how their form will be after the pandemic.. if they had success before, they probably want to see 1-2 years about how far they can go in terms of WorldRanking & PrizeMoney..

I dont think there will be Olympics next year. Even if there is vaccine, rollouts will be slow. I dont think i will take the vaccine anyway but it also means i might get infected (easier?) But taking the vaccine does that mean i wont get infected if i go to sporting events?

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think (and hope) OG will happen but in much smaller scale. Could be without spectators..
    The virus is not going anywhere anytime soon, we just have to manage to live with it. Tournaments might be reduced, meaning less prize money for the players. Not a promising future, I am afraid.

20. sen

sen Regular Member

The virus is not deadly, just contagious but the fear fueled by media is causing all the problem.
    And most of the people who died are already old. So this is not something that should cause too much news.
    It is a natural disease. An abnormal disease is one that is deadly among young people.
    No cure but more than 97% can beat the disease so is there really need for cure?
    And I can bet anything that the world population at the end of 2020 is more than at the beginning of 2020. Why ? More babies are born than people dying. The virus did not even cause world population decline. Thanos would be saying : "are you serious, bro ?"

The virus might still be around next year but I think Olympics will still go ahead.
    The way that any government in the world managing the disease just proves my point that most government are not doing their job well.
    Most leaders do not have experience in medical emergency room and most of them have wrong input from the wrong people.