A Victor Auraspeed 90k Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Joran, Jun 22, 2020.

1. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Yes!

2. ice man

ice man Regular Member

The stiffness is close, but 90k has this little friendliness that makes it better when you’re tired.
    And yes, for maximum power 90k > JS12M of same weight, and 90k remains more manoeuvrable thinks to its more evenly placed head weight

3. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

Sounds too good to be true. I can get hella smash out of my JS12M 3U but if the ARS90K can beat that AND be more manouverable that would be pretty impressive.

4. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I had 2 JS12M 3U and 2 90K 3U in my bag at the same time, same strings same tension, same over grips...

And yes to me 90K is better in all aspects. JS12M is stiffer and head weight feels too much a the top of the racquet head so less manoeuvrable.
    On the other hand 90K has its head weight evenly spread and the frame cuts thru the air smoothly. It’s more user friendly, even when mis hitting

5. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

You convinced me I am looking for an ARS 90K 3u but in Germany I find only 4u. Does anyone know where to find an ARS 90K 3u
    thank you

6. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

another question guys. is JS S12M and ARS 90K have the same balance point (for those have both JS S12M and ARS 90K)? If you don't mind measuring both racquet's BP. I appreciate your reply. Thanks.

7. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Ive got two pieces left in 3U and I’m based in France, as I prefer my 4U’s now I can sell them. PM me if interested :)

8. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Hey Ice Man,

I am really curious, u used to say auraspeed 90k 4u wasn't good compared to the 3U version.
    How come u did change that opinion ?
    Why u like the 4u more than 3u now ?

9. ice man

ice man Regular Member

That’s because my forte are my physical abilities, but due to the Covid and lockdown I’m not as strong as before so 4U seems way better now to me!

boby likes this.
  10. Joran

Joran Regular Member

okay, but your phisique will grow again when you start training regularly. you think you will switch back to 3u when this happens?

11. Budi

Budi Regular Member

pretty sure this covid really change our life in many way, including our badminton life.
    Even me without realizing it had change the way i play.
    Before, im back court bombardment type player & all my friend would think twice before lifting the shuttle to me.
    Now after 2 month break, my games become ruined, my body forgot all the movement, & stamina umm... its free fall i guest.
    Ofcourse all that can be relearn again. Some few day of games i spend it to get back in shape. Playing more on control & placement, going more on rally games coz Smashing repeatly & aggresively will exhaust me very fast.
    Now even when im back in shape, my habbit & style kinda different which confirmed by some of my friend. They told me my games now are not like the old day. I play more placement, drive, drop, & clear but only use my hard smash on some occassion only.
    Even now i can enjoy playing my AVP where before i hardly like it. Kinda to fast & to light. Maybe its coz my body already forgot the magificant feeling wielding head heavy racket & overehelming power from 3U heavy racket.

12. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Honestly sounds like covid has made u a better player. Playing more rally based and only using that hard smash when u really need to finish the rally is positive. when u play better and better oponents that smash wont break through anyway. Do you beat your friends easier now than before the pandemic?

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hardly saying as lately i had less good quality games due to less player on our club & for safe precaution i only play in limited circle. Can also due to my style change, my friend feel alien to my stroke pattern & still reread my habbit again. But stamina wise, i can do marathon games now. I mean 1 games after another non stop where before on a hard games, i would start to struggle on 2nd round & most likely dead if it carry on to 3rd round.

14. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Honestly I don’t think so, nearly 5 months without hitting the gym took its toll on my muscles. As I don’t gain muscle easily it will take at least six months to be back to my usual shape... and considering that with covid the only sport I could do and enjoy was running I began to run again 3/4 times a week it will be even harder to gain muscles! And as someone said before, my game changed to, way more counter attacking / defending than before so 4U is a good option

15. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

I have the 3 of it all in 3U, strung to 30lbs BG80.
    In my observation, ARS-90K is in between the 2 JS12s in terms of stiffness and balance just a tad stiffer and head heavier than the JS-12B(Lime Color).
    JS-12M(Blue) is a good racket with enough power, but you need to put more effort than the original color, which for me is the most friendly among the 3. The JS-12M(Blue) is the least maneuverable among the 3 and suffers a little bit in defense. If not because of my bad experience in JS-12LIME frame issues i wouldnt change to Js-12 blue
    I have been playing with JS-12s lime and blue for almost 3 years and bought the ARS-90K last January, i was able to try it for few sessions but stopped for months now due to covid. I think ARS-90K is the best for me between the 3, Easy to maneuver for defense without sacrificing too much in power.
    BTW I had Braveswords before the Jestpeeds and Auraspeed.

16. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Which do you think is the most powerful?

17. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

Did not have enough time to test for ARS-90K but I think JS-12M(Blue) have a little more power than 90K but it is during full smash and you need more effort to produce powerful smash unlike 90K that power is still there when having quick smashes because it is less stiff. May son used both JS12s, He was 11 years old then and as I have observed he can deliver more powerful smashes with the lime compared to the blue one that only changed when he became older and able to flex the blue racket when smashing.
    But for older people especially those who are trained and play regulary with proper technique the blue will be more powerful.

18. Rommel Alastra

could be the balance point of js 12 lime and ARS 90s is the same? hehe

19. vincePBC

vincePBC Regular Member

I was not able to test it prior to changing its grip but i think, there is a little to none difference between the two, ARS-90K is a little head heavier

20. Rommel Alastra

I ordered the 3u. stringed with BG66um at 24 lbs. wondering how it feels like. hopefully no numb feeling