Weekly trainings schedule

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Joran, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Hey guys,

Last year we made a promotion in the club competition.
    So next season I need to step up my game because we will be facing harder opponents.

Right now I only do court sessions, 3 evening sessions every week. We play on sundays, this means I play 4 times a week, around 10 HR's. next season I want to step up my training with off court training or even 1 more on court session. But I am kinda scared that I will be overtraining and getting negative results.

U guys have any tips for a good weekly schedule that takes on all the important factors of badminton?

U can consider me as a high regional player, atleast I like to believe that :p

2. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

Have you ever done more than 10hr sport /week for a long period of time? How did it go ? How long ago was it?

If you have never done it I would increase very slowly. Add maybe 1hr of muscle reinforcement targeting legs. Avoid running if you are not used to it. Maybe try cycling for cardio. But start only cycling/running OR muscle reinforcement. Try that for a month or two, see how it goes and then maybe add the other or a second session of what you started.

This is only based on my own experience and people around me so take it with a grain of salt.

Good luck for your season and let's hope everything goes as planned.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Just other of my friend experience.
    He is good player but quite picky on his game quality. He dont want to play with lower level, so its always tight or hard games for him.
    He play kinda almost everyday on many different club 3 hour each. He is doing fine for quite long time & i know him for about 3 or 4 year before he quit. Not sure about his routine before we meet & know each other but at the very least, in those periode i know him, he doing it everyday.

What happen to him, is that his right knee joint having less oil or something so he feel pain (idk what the medical name for it, sorry:oops:) due to friction on his bone when moving around. The doctor say its coz of excesive use which is badminton that he do everyday.

So with that, i think you better consulting to a doctor or someone that understand that before increase your training load.

4. Joran

Joran Regular Member

yeah I understand that, but I am not really looking to increase my court hours. my vision were to start doing exercises beside the court training. To improve my power, stability and mobility :). I dont feel like i need to improve on technical base.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

dont get focused on my friend crazy schedule everyday games. I mean anything that are to much are bad. Even water if you had to much of it, you will get drown.
    You torture your body, getting a sore/pain, then you rest & your body regenerate itself, & you getting stronger. But to much stress where your body regeneration cant keep up with the stress will slowly destroy your own body. Kinda like my friend where he doing fine for long time but eventually when his knee HP(Health Power:p) goes down to 0, the knee give up to work & leave permanent injury.

So better talk to someone that understand it before putting more load/stress to your body as you wont feel it right away & most likely wont know it until its already to late. My friend seems to be fine & no complain for 3 year or more.

6. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

I don't understand this problem, because,

It's a spectrum, you can find out yourself easily

If your training is intense then yeah tiredness may be a problem. You probably can't do long intense games for hours every single day, unless you are a very unusual person.

If your training is practising a particular shot. Not rallies. Then that is not intense and doesnt contribute to fatigue.

And know your own body it's not hard to know if you are exhausted.

I really don't understand asking other people if you are tired.

You could play 2-3 times a week fatigue inducing sessions. Maybe even 4 times from time to time if you can handle it, depending on how you are feeling. Or two times if you aren't feeling up to more. It might not be the same every week. You have to listen to your body. It's not like the body doesn't tell you when you are too tired to be running around a badminton court. And on top of those you can do sessions that aren't fatigue inducing, practising particular shots.

Personally I don't always know if I am too tired and should go to bed, eg if I am busy with something But I know if I am too tired to be running around a badminton court. It's hard to think of anything more obvious to know. And if that happens then do one less intense session.

If you are tired then even if you didn't know.. other players can see and may mention it. Old ladies will notice you look tired. Everybody notices. Your form will go. You will make mistakes you wouldn't normally make.

It's like if you get drunk. You might notice if you are a bit drunk, and everybody else should notice.