Li ning aeronaut 9000 white or astrox 99/100zz or victor thruster ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by myeoh92, Feb 19, 2020.

1. myeoh92

myeoh92 New Member

HI all,

im a low intermediate single player here, been playing around 5 months now and trying to get a betterracket then the one im using which is the li ning windstorm 75 and 78.

i can only choose 1 out of the 3 options due to my budget constriants and like to ask if anyone could recommend out of the three? what about the astrox 100zz, is it the far superior option then the three mention?

thanks,

Tuan Pham likes this.
  2. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Which cosmetic do you like the best out of those option?

3. myeoh92

myeoh92 New Member

li ning aeronaut 9000 and the astrox 100zz.

4. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Given that you are kinda beginner, those rackets might be though for you to utilize them. You may want to get more user friendly racket. But out of those three aeronaut 9000 is the most user friendly.
    Also, victor thruster is the name of the series. What rackets are you specifically considering? I used bunch of thrusters and they are not the most user friendly series (tk 9900 is my favorite tho). Maybe 6000 and 9000 can be good for you. Tk falcon, which is the most popular model nowadays, is not that user friendly either if it is your consideration.
    Lining windstorms are pretty decent honestly, you may want to keep using those.

5. Tuan Pham

Tuan Pham New Member

I've been playing badminton for around 20 years, I'm using Z-Forece II, BS 12 and now Yonex Astrox 100 ZZ.
    I've seen that you mentioned about Yonex Astrox 100 ZZ but I do not think it is good choice for you because you just play badminton in around 5 months.
    The racket Yonex Astrox 100ZZ is a really stiff racket. I think you can think about Victor BS 12

Cheers!

6. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    4U AX88D

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7. West204

West204 Regular Member

5 MONTHS and you are i
    5 MONTHS and you are in INTERMEDIATE LEVEL!!?? WOW Just WOW. PEOPLE Actually reply to you. WOW

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

common mistake many beginner do especially they who had money.
    Thinking his a high end racket would double his skill instantly. Or just for a show, so he look like a pro by using pro racket. Its his choice to satisfy his ego but let just hope he didnt hurt himself by using a demanding racket.

badmintonpog1, Dave1011 and West204 like this.
  9. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Why do you have to be mean? Just answer his question or give advice.

To OP, i would start with something cheap but good until i gain more confidence. You wouldn't want to break your $150 up racket.

Maybe start with an Apacs racket or a mid end Yonex like astrox 68 for example.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  10. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Or a mid end Li ning

11. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

What do you feel lacking when using the windstorms? In terms of power? Control?
    Having any trouble using them to overhead clear, smash or drive?
    As of right now, the windstorms that you have used up until now and the ones you mentioned above are two different sides of the spectrum.
    The windstorms are lightweight and flexible whereas the 9000, AX99 and AX100ZZ are very stiff, head heavy and comes in either 3U or 4U.
    So it’s gonna be hell of a transition mate. Better know what you’re getting yourself into. I don’t doubt your ability or say you’re overestimating yourself, some learn slowly but others learn rather quickly or talented.
    You should look into not having a high end racket as others have guided out instead, anything mid stiff, even balanced or slight head heavy is pretty much okay. Edit: To help with the transition.
    Nanoflare 700 seems rather great to start off, or the Li-ning 6000, Adidas Spieler range, or the Apacs Z-Ziggler.
    You can try other players’ rackets at the club as well. For us to help you, we’re gonna need more inputs like what problems you’re having or do you fond of any rackets that you have tried, so on.

12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

sometimes being meanie is to show how we care for other:D we hate to see other fall for the same mistake most of us do.

But seriously 5 month playing & asking this demanding racket is dangerous. At best it only makes your games poor but at the worst case scenario it could harm you.

Im super active kids if you ask me. I play basketball, football, or just running around like crazy. Everyday i go home with new bruise/scratch. When im going to badminton, the only thing that carry on are my stamina & strong body. I can run all day catching the shuttle by my own even if i play double.

But whatever you are beginner or an advance & if you really want to get a new racket, better borrow friend racket to see how it feel. After trying many different racket, ask yourself if you can feel any different from those many racket you try. Im kinda doubt 5 month & you can tell the different. But if you really are able to feel the different, then see which one you like the most & then look for new racket that is close/similar to the one you like.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  13. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Ho
    Lining SS99+ better ? compared to astrox39, A6, A7, A9 ? Ignoring ease of use

14. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Choose anything you want brother, just focus on specs for now, like 3U weight, medium shaft, and you are good to go. Dont go way to flex though, just medium is perfect.
    If you are able to get Adidas Spieler A09.1 then get it, it is very good for the price.

15. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Thanks. Nah bro can't find adidas either :( .. I want 4u head heavy medium flex but need that oomf smash /killshot / drive from back court.

#15 ShinIori, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  16. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Try astrox then, doesn't matter much really when you are at that price range, go for the AX9

ShinIori likes this.
  17. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

18. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Then go for the A7 in 4U should be easy on your arm I guess

ShinIori likes this.
  19. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Brother found a local person selling some rackets like
    Kawasaki honor s6.
    Apacs. Z fushion
    Fleet armex79td ( A77 clone)

I shall come up with a list of rackets those I can get locally. I'm hoping for your recommendation then. Please check on this forum. Thank you

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  20. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Please brother suggest between these. I have found them locally ...

Need to stretch my budget
    >Kawasaki honor S6
    > Kawasaki high tension 666AD.
    >Ashway phantom xspeed2

In budget
    > Apacs z fushion. (Z Ziggler updated version , z force 2 clone)
    > Fleet armex 79 TD (A77 clone)
    > Kawasaki passion P5 magic.
    > Kawasaki super light 588
    > Astrox6
    > Master copy of 100zx made in taiwan

Could not get A39 locally. Can get it by shipping. Wt 86gm BP 323mm. Bigger sweet spot too. So tempting value racket

#20 ShinIori, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020