Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I thought I answered to the perspective of price. (Out of the matter, €85 for ZFII is the real price and €210 is RRP. Now ZFII is around €140 in Germany.)

Even you have tried both, and even if everything about P7 and P8 makes sense to you, is there still a chance ZFII suits another better?

By the way, the pink P8 is available in Germany now and one shop is selling P7 for €88.

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Tried it. It doesn't. Like I said, I was looking for a more stable X-Feel Blast. It's not that insanely head heavy. I enjoy playing with the ZFII, but it's certainly not better for me.

Thanks for proving my point that they're in the same price range. And again, 88€ for a P7 is insane.

With this (emphasis mine)?!
    What does that put into perspective? Is that perspective realistic?
    Nothing and no. It's not realistic, because you suggest that everybody can get a ZFII everywhere for that price and that's not true. Also, it compares to very very different rackets. They're both head heavy, rather stiff and have a compact head. And yet they're very very different.
    Saying that one high end racket is overhyped while suggesting a different high end racket (have you even tried one of them?) shows, that people shouldn't take you seriously. Both are great rackets, but for different players. Both are overpriced for most players, because most will be better off with a different, easier to use racket, which are cheaper most of the time.

Dave1011 likes this.
  3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Really clicked the the P8 last session. It felt a little too heavy heavy initially compared to my others, but sticking with it, it now feels right. I would not agree that it is overhyped. I've bought racquets based on hype before and been let down. P8 for me just ticks all the boxes and great to play with. I'd give it 9/10 as I actually prefer a larger hoop but I dont know how much that might affect the aerodynamics.

++ Backhand, easy end to end after struggling a little with lighter racquets. Net shots (landed a couple ON the tape then over). Net kills/drives are fast and accurate. Finally able to wind up my smash up again. The stiffness of the frame seems to transfer power from even the meerest hint of effort.
    -- small sweetspot. Still too many mishits, but I cannot blame the racquet for my errors. I may drop tension a little while I'm still adjusting to the racquet. It is noticeably less forgiving then the P2 at same tension.

On the strength of the P7 shoes, I've just ordered the P5.1 in a size bigger as adidas seem to run quite small. If my feet don't slide about inside them too much I'll review these later. Yes I ordered Orange which just happens to match the racquet and string - LN1 or I might try BG80P next, not wucht P68, but it probably should be, right?

EDIT: Wucht overgrip. Shredded one in a single session last time. This time barely a mark on it. It was starting to slip aroung game 12. So that's good enough for me.

#163 DuckFeet, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Was it 3U??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

5. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    On paper yes. But removing the plastic wrap tipped it JUST into 4U territory. It was also priced as a 4U when i bought it :D

Gpower likes this.
  6. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I guess I did not make myself clear enough. I answered straight to the thread about VN market. I said it is overhyped there to make the price higher, doesn't mean it is not an excellent racket.
    Are you saying that ZFII will suit NO ONE better than P8? If yes, I believe you.

Again, I didn't make myself clear enough. In VN, the stable price for ZFII is €80 and for P8 is €115. Not in same price range to me.

It did not mean to "suggest that everybody can get a ZFII everywhere for that price" anywhere. :rolleyes:

7. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

No. It depends on the player and his preferences. Forget about all the marketing bs, the ZFII still is a great racket, despite its age and "lack of modern racket technologies". Since the introduction of carbon rackets, it's been a slow evolution and no real breakthroughs that changed a lot from one generation to the next one.

Not the same price range, still the ZFII cannot replace a P8. It depends on the player which one is the better value. And 115 € for a P8 is still a really really good price.
    You quoted somebody who asked about other places.
    Anyway, if one ranger is close to perfect for you and the other one is unusable, a < 40 €
    price difference doesn't make the unusable one the better value.

I feel like the P7.1 shoes fit larger (wider at the midfoot) than all other shoes I've had, including the other Adidas shoes. I feel like it's pretty much the same length like the Yonex and Victor shoes I had before that.

For the strings, BG80 is great for me on this racket. I'm not a fan of P68. I'd go E68 over it, because of better durability, longer playability, and the better price, but color wise, I'll throw P68 on one of mine soon. That'll look great!

Dave1011 likes this.
  8. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Exactley the same feeling for me too.

speCulatius likes this.
  9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

P 7.1 and P 5.1 is the same shoe, just the sock thing is the difference without any benefits.

speCulatius likes this.
  10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Ive finally got the rackets back from the stringer!
    Now i just need to find an available court!

20200919_115859_copy_1000x1333.jpg

Left to right, Spieler P09.1 with bg80 ice blue, Spieler A09.1 with bg66ult yellow, Wucht P3 with x67 black and Wucht P8 Pink with x67 black.

20200919_120103_copy_1000x750.jpg

20200919_120045_copy_1000x1333.jpg

20200919_120028_copy_1000x1333.jpg

20200919_115936_copy_1000x1333.jpg

#170 Dave1011, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  11. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Sub P3 for P2 and that's the same 3 I have in my bag now, will be interested to hear what you think of them.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Dave1011 likes this.
  12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I'm not sure when I will be able to test them but will do reviews/comparisons when possible.
    If you want to try the P3 and P09.1 that you don't have then im sure we can arrange that at some point.

13. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Comparison with the A3 incoming, in sometime[​IMG]

Swaraj Lakshman likes this.
  14. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

Is it 88D?

15. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Yup, 4U

Swaraj Lakshman likes this.
  16. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Played leagegame today and gave the A3 a chance i the dubbles and mixed. Think this is a keeper to me, really like the overall feeling in the A3, a little bit dull at the net to me but will probably solve it over time. I like it! :)

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  17. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

P8 pink red looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave1011 likes this.
  18. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

Wh
    What are you going to string it with?

19. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    LN1

20. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Hi guys, just wondering if there's any counterfeit for adidas rackets?

There's someone selling here below the market price. Looks legit but it doesn't come with its cover bag. And I'm not familiar with adidas rackets.

I never thought of adidas rackets before but dave and speculatius convinced me otherwise from their posts.

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.