Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

probably 2nd hand racket but still in good shape.

2. dickography

dickography Regular Member

Never seen one, at least in my country. Probably since adidas racket not yet popular and demand is low..
    but for sure adidas makes good rackets!

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I'm glad we managed to highlight the quality of the Adidas rackets, they have impressed me since I started using them.

Ive not seen any fake Adidas, hopefully they are just good value.

Which models are they and how does the price compare to normal selling price?

#183 Dave1011, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    speCulatius likes this.
  4. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Looks new from photos and he doesn't mind meeting up.

What i had in mind with adidas rackets were a big sport company just wanting to grab some market share in a big badminton community, they don't have the history of it unlike those big names, so how would they compete?

But yeah you guys definitely succeeded to delivering the message.

So here in Indonesia, it starts at ~ 140€, a big retailer sells at ~ 170€ , and this guy is selling at ~ 110€

It's a 4U version, not sure if there's a difference in price. I'll post some photos later, but atm I'm convinced it's genuine, I was just worried it's a reject.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Which specific Adidas racket are we talking about here?

6. Derpington

Sorry forgot to mention it's the wucht p8

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Then 110 EUR for a like-new racket would be an okay price. Not sensational since it's still a second hand racket

8. Derpington

No, it's brand new. Grommets unstrung, plastic wrapped both frame and grip.

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

But it's still sold by a private person and not a shop, right? So you will have to deal with Adidas yourself in case of a warranty claim instead of simply taking it to the shop and let them take care of the rest. But anyhow, 110 EUR is a good price for a P8 in that condition.

The more important question is, if the specs of the P8 are really what you are looking for.

10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The price for P7/P8 seems to vary a lot across different regions.
    €110 is a good price but I agree with @s_mair about being cautious about warranty.
    Ive not heard of any weaknesses or breakages with the p7/p8 which doesn't surprise me, they are very sturdy and well made rackets

11. Budi

Budi Regular Member

so its Indo market. Hii fellow Indo:D

Back to the question.
    Back then on early pademic issue where all mall are closed, Planet Sport give good disc to many of their item. For example P8 normally sell at 2.5M IDR & at that time they give 40% disc, so the price become 1.5M IDR only. The thing, on their site they show original price & the actual price only show after you put it into you basket & about to do the payment. So not many realize this.

In your case, probably its someone who know this, buy it at discount price & now selling it again for profit.

If only we dont have this pademic, most likely i will go to the store & get one. I skip the online store coz it direct online shop & if something happen during delivery or anything, they could just ignore my complain as they already get my money.

12. Derpington

Halo bro, such good information why share only now? :eek:

I just called them and the discount ended last Sunday :(:D

I guess this is the case as when I asked him where he purchased this, he said he got it locally, hence i thought it might be a reject product.

For anyone wondering, with the discount, the P8 was just ~ 86€

You're right, i wasn't considering that factor. But i think I'll take my chances.

I like a hh racket but fast enough for doubles, and my go to atm is ax88d 4u. Do you think a p8 4u will be good for me?

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

actually i dont know myself but someone here in this forum mention it & i try it. To bad i cant find their Shopee/Tokopedia account.

this quite wierd... If i remember correctly, the disc end right after our Eid Holliday end. But thats on their website, idk about their physical store as i havent go to any mall since the pademic start.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

if that's what you are looking for, I'd say the P8 in 4U is an excellent candidate. I don't know the AX88D as much, but the P8 should be playing in the same ballpark regarding head weight but I expect it to be faster due to the more compact head. With the inevitable downside of a smaller sweet spot though.

speCulatius likes this.
  15. Derpington

Yeah who would've knew they had disc. I only go to malls for the supermarket.

I just came back from one of the stores, badminton stuff wasn't included in their 40% disc which just ended last Sunday, it was however in their 30% disc some times ago (maybe the first lockdown)

That's what I thought. Now i can't wait to get 1

16. dickography

That was me :D

Also tried to post it in Kaskus (indonesian local forum), but seems no one interested since adidas is never a popular racket brand :(

btw i use Kalkul A2 and Wucht P3 (old color)

17. Derpington

:D

I went to Puri Indah in Jakarta, they had Wucht P1, P2, P5, some Kalkul, Spieler, and others, forgot.

Yep never seen someone actually using it. I was even surprised when I saw Planet Sport had quite many variants of the racket, including grips, strings, and birdies.

18. Budi

Budi Regular Member

yeah... They need to think about their marketing strategy for sure. Never once i saw someone swinging Adidas Racket but other hand i see many non big brand like Apacs, Hiqua, Hart, Flypower for obvious reason which is cheap & good.

19. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

Yeah yeah all this talk about adidas....but still can't get a3 in indo......lame

20. dickography

Agree, it should've been available!