Karakal Gel Performance Sport Insoles?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by VeritasC&E, Sep 3, 2019.

1. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

Is anyone using these? Would that be a significant improvement over the Yonex factory insoles in it's high-end shoe line?

These would allow me to test the "insole hype" without getting ruined, but to make myself a fair opinion, I'd rather buy insoles that are the best ones or close to be the best. Are these?

If I can get 80-90% of the improvement between stock insoles and the best insoles out there for 25% of the price, I'd be happy to try it out.

2. dg-1984

dg-1984 Regular Member

I will be playing with mine tomorrow so I can report back.
    Have them fitted in my Asics gel blade 6's first impression is my feet feel higher but wouldn't be hard as the insoles were worn flat.

VeritasC&E likes this.
  3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Yonex insoles are pretty thin and it is hard to find replacements of the same thickness. I wear Aerus 2 and found the yonex insoles were sliding about in the forefoot area and ruined them in a few weeks not to mention the discomfort of having the insole wrapped around a foot mid rally.

I am currently testing out Sorbothane Full Strike and Sorbothane Sorbo Pro.
    Full strike are the thinnest and least supportive. Well, no support at all. They are almost too thin. They are quite narrow with no arch support or heel structure at all.
    Sorbo Pro are a little thicker but not as much as some and my heel only just fits into the shoe without slipping out. They have arch support and a heel structure.

The Full Strike insoles are thin enough to replace the yonex insoles without compromising on the fit but as they are completely floppy and have no sort of structure or support it is hard to say they are an improvement. They merely fit and as the underside is slightly tacky they don't slip. They are probably not intended to be used as replacement insoles.

The Sorbo Pro insoles are 4mm thick around the toes and 21mm at the heel. I would prefer the heel to be thinner but with the same cup shape around the heel and arch support. I might remove the gel pad under the heel to see if that helps. They work well as replacements but the heel does not feel as secured as it did with the old insoles.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

^ that can't be 21mm at the heel when you wear it... your heel perhaps is only at most 10mm higher from the ground when you stand on it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

5. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

How was your impression? Compared to the stock insoles: Did you play any better / bounce more? Does it feel like your feet are taking much less of a hit? Do the shoes feel less or equally stable?

6. dg-1984

dg-1984 Regular Member

First impression is they are too high compared to the original insoles.
    Original insoles or very thin and when these are fitted makes me feel I'm too high in the shoe and have no support in the ankle but that may be down to the shoe being low.
    They are comfortable and feet definitely took less punishment absorbed the impacts well.
    It was my first go back in a few years so will take me a while to get back into it, definitely felt more bounce which was nice.
    I do have an ankle injury and wearing these made me more aware that I could roll my ankle but again could be the shoe, needing new shoes I think. Will keep trying them and see how I go before I buy new shoes.

VeritasC&E likes this.
  7. MMJJ18

MMJJ18 New Member

Hello,

I am also looking for good replacement sports insoles for my Yonex shoes.

As I read above the Karakal Gel Performance are actually really good, but you are only get too high in the shoes, because the original Yonex insoles are quite thin, right?

So I am still looking for good ones. Not easy to find. I heard from Yonex, that they planning to launch also there own replacement insoles end of this year or beginning of next year (production delay due to Covid-19). I hope this could be an alternative and hopefully more durable as the original insoles. Will see :)

8. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    You can try VICTOR VT-XD8/ XD10 insoles. I have used them for years, they have amazing cushioning and not slippery at all.

MMJJ18 likes this.
  9. MMJJ18

MMJJ18 New Member

Thanks! Does this insole also fit in Yonex shoes? The concern I have and some others as well above is, that we need a thin insole, otherwise it's too high inside the Yonex shoes. Does this insole fit, or should we wait for the release of the original Yonex insoles?

10. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    In my opinion, the thickness is just right for any brand of badminton shoes or even any sport shoes. This insole has good cushioning, stable and doesn't slip. This insole is pretty versatile, I even use this insole on my hiking shoes and it works as well.

MMJJ18 likes this.
  11. dickography

dickography Regular Member

What is the difference between XD8 and 10?

I saw XD10 has this energymax cushion in the forefoot, in the other hand XD8 has somekind of cage (black color) in the heel area.

in terms of cushioning, are they similar?

Which is the better option for flat-footed person?

I'm still wearing included insoles in my victor A950 series (similar to XD10 but without energymax on the heel n forefoot), just curious about the replacement insoles.

#11 dickography, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

manage to get one (XD10), XL size recently. From some shop say when i ask them, XD8 for stability & XD10 for cushioning. Not sure if its true or not as i never try XD8.

Got i action today, when i replace it i notice my shoes feel more snugged, which i think coz my old insole already flatten out. On games it feel more soft & my heel are happy with it.

13. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Yes, what you said is correct. XD8 has more stable feel, XD10 has more foam cushion on the heel and forefoot.

14. dickography

Thx guys, got ankle sprain recently, i think i'll go for XD8 since it offers more stable feeling

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

does it old injury?
    Coz actually i own & use the same Shoes as you A950CA white black color.
    I never roll my ankle with it even when i rushing/dashing fast, & im quite heavy weight here.
    & before i get XD10, i take my heel gel insole from my running shoes & put it to my A950. At 1st i fear i would roll my ankle as i feel higher on the heel. But after few games, i didnt feel about rolling my ankle at all. Still quite stable but my heel still crying. The gel seems didnt nullify the shock quite well.
    So probably the way you move & land are wrong so all your weight force are put on your joint instead of you muscle.

16. dickography

This is third time i rolled my left ankle due to weird movement when doing step back trying to make a mild overhead clear - this was without any jump involved.
    The shoes grip very well, but i guess the combination of missteps + weak left ankle are the culprit

I use a950w, the wide variants. This is my first time i rolled my ankle with that shoes.

Having said that the shoes is very stable compared to my old one.

*Yes you're right. My weight distributed on the joints due to wrong movement when step back

17. MMJJ18

MMJJ18 New Member

Hello,

I also bought the VICTOR VT-XD8 for my Yonex shoes. They fit really well, not too high inside. Stable feeling and not slippery. Very happy, can recommend it!

wjsutanto likes this.