Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

I actually seen 3 or 4 ppl playing with adidas racket already.....n this was back months ago before i quit playing due to smelly corona.
    Borrowed the p3 for 1 set n it was OK
    Spieler 9 1 something god this spieler series so confusing so many types tried it for 2 sets and it was less than OK

My hands itching for a3 and for bdmtn again though it's looking more n more like a pipedream

2. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Just picked it up this morning and went to my stringer straight after, love love this beauty.

It's true it looks and feels like a well built racket, nice paint job, naked it weighted 81gr (strung), and with the way I grip mine, it became 94gr. It's very close to my 3u ones.

Swung it around comparing with my other rackets, it feels p8 is similar to aeronaut 9000c, less hh than zf2 and 88d, more hh than 9000c (slightly) and bs12 (duh), though on my scale, not sure if i weight it correctly, zf2 88d an9000c p8 are almost the same (41-42gr).

For any other Indos, the guy still has 1 available. Lmk if you're interested.

Attached Files:

speCulatius, Dave1011 and s_mair like this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

but i think speCulatius, Dave1011, & s_mair did better job at advertising Adidas Racket. Mostly coz of their review & comment so we get our attention on Adidas racket or else we wont even know it exist.
    Adidas need to fire their marketing & reward those 3 for sure:D

4. Derpington

had a chance to try out my P8 today, did some warm up with it, and a game, but 10 points into the game, i pulled my glute :oops:
    i can't say much about it, hadn't had a nice rally, but initial thought, it was damn good.

clear was effortless, smash had the oomph, and felt even though it has a more compact head, it's still forgiving when you don't hit its sweet spot.
    but again, it was just for a brief moment, and i have yet played net shots and defenses with it.

lesson to learn, i realized i'm not in my 20s already and have to do better warm ups next time.

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

what string you use & what tension?

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Gutted for you @Derpington. Speedy recovery!

Update to my collection: the 5.1 shoes have extra reinforcement around the toes which has affected the fit for me. Had to send them back. So I'm trying a new lace pattern on the 7.0.

Decided to try 2g lead tape on a spieler A09.1 just as an excuse to try 66u again as i got some for a customer. Feels like balance is pretty good (close to P8). Will have to wait another week to try it on court.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Derpington and Dave1011 like this.
  7. Derpington

Bro if you can find A3 in Singapore, i know an expedition that can bring items here with relatively cheap rate, 200k per kg. I'm not sure if there'll be customs but if you're interested, i can ask.
    Gosen GT5 28lbs
    Thank you my friend. I happen to plan on trying the p5.1 shoes tmr at a store, and if they have it, stabil and p7 too. But the p7 only comes in the grey orange color, while p5.1 has the maroon version which is quite nice. Fitment wise, p7 is better?

I haven't seen anyone mentioning the adizero ueberschall model. The f7 looks really nice but unfortunately i can't find it anywhere.

8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Shameless colour-coorindation pic for @Dave P! I could include the P2 wiht red string but I'd have to swap out the white grip.

As for shoes. I believe 5.1 and 7.1 are basically the same but just higher ankle. The 7s I got way back have a very different upper which seems to completely mold around my foot. It's more canvas than leathery, and doesnt have the additional layer of protection around the toes. Shame it was changed, but it does look more durable.

Attached Files:

Derpington and Dave1011 like this.
  9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Uberschall is an old model now, but they are extremely light and fast...but not much cushion.

Can’t say that P7.1 have better fitment than 5.1! In my opinion has a shoe with a separate tongue better adjustments....but I love my 7.1 anyway.

Derpington likes this.
  10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Love it!

11. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

Hi, so I plan to buy another racket for a friend of mine. I talked him into Adidas quite easily since he has tried Yonex, Li-ning, Victor and Apacs before and none has really impressed him so he wanted to give Adidas a try.
    He is a really good player/coach, I would say intermediate, has been playing for 5 years, so he can tame most of the rackets. He is a rear court double player, likes to smash, but I would say, seeing him play, that he is an all-rounder but slight offensive. His preferences are 4UG5, head heavy balance (>295), mid stiff to stiff, fast frame and he likes that oomph after smashing, precise net play and drives as well. You know, all the good stuffs lol.
    I am looking into the Uberschall F3 since it’s cheap (only ~50£) and suits his preferences, any other ideas are welcomed ^^

speCulatius likes this.
  12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

A coach that didnt even know what he is looking for... Hhmm....

13. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    P8 seems the perfect match here, aside from the pricetag. The F3 is pretty nice, VERY nice as a freebie!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

speCulatius, nameisTin and Dave1011 like this.
  14. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

That price for an F3 is amazing, I wish those were the prices in UK.
    As @DuckFeet said, the P8 fits that well, also the P7 would be a good option.
    What type of fast frame have they used before? If its bravesword/jetspeed or similar then the Wucht rackets might not suit them.
    The F2/F3 from the Uberschall range and the Kalkul range are fast frames.

speCulatius and nameisTin like this.
  15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Heres the most recent Adidas matrix I've seen

PSX_20191106_103603.jpg

nameisTin and Derpington like this.
  16. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

As I said though, he used many and he knows what he likes, from Yonex to Li-ning, you name it. He wants Adidas this time, that’s why he isn’t sure what Adidas racket to choose.

17. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

What other brand's rackets does he like?

Like the others, my first thought went to the P8, and maybe P7, but your thought about the F3 is true, too. The F3 only comes in 4U though. At 50£ sounds like a great choice and the Überschall frames are faster than they should be for non compact heads.

But let's wait what he's used to from Yonex/Victor/Li Ning...

@Dave1011 you're welcome for the matrix ;)

nameisTin and Dave1011 like this.
  18. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I have to disagree with Dave about the Wucht being slow. I had a P2 and a Spieler (bravesword frame) in my bag and couldnt pick the Wucht out without looking as the P2 has the same sharp edge. I also didn't find the F5 that fast. No faster than a flexible Spieler anyway.

nameisTin and Dave1011 like this.
  19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

+1 here. I've been playing (and loving) the JS10 for years now, and I don't feel like the Wucht frame is significantly slower. Compact head plus stiff shaft makes a fast racket - the frame geometry is pretty much negligible in the whole equation if you ask me.

nameisTin, speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I'm glad you feel that way @DuckFeet and @s_mair. I will try the P8 again when possible, I only got a brief trial previously so maybe didnt have enough time to adapt to the P8 properly.
    I was a long time jetspeed and bravesword user as you know so it would be good if the p8 could be my next go to racket. The a3 is fitting into that very well at the moment.