Drills to do with weighted racket/ racket cover?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by precrime3, Sep 29, 2020.

1. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Have been using a 120g racket for everything for a while (when not playing seriously) just to get more forearm muscle and it has improved my shot quality a lot. I can play a match with someone lower level than me entirely using it so my endurance has increased too I guess haha.

I recently bought the yonex tr0 - basically a 150g racket and it comes with a headcover.

I've been using it a lot and notice it really helps you emphasize putting power into your entire stroke - from the backswing to the follow through. It's really good for practicing drives or defense (any short returns).

Are there any drills in particular I should be using the headcover for? Should I put it on my real racket or keep it on my training one?

One thing I do notice is that your timing gets adjusted switching between training and real racket but that's to be expected I guess with the literal 80g difference lol.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Definitely not used on games but when at home while reading & watch TV, you can perform forehand/backhand rotation with your racket & head cover. Or you could do shadow smash or shadow drive or any other stroke variation.

3. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Why not during game? I found it's manageable in a doubles ( I play front) and we are playing non competitively. I'm a big fan of trying to use it as much as possible so I like weights and other things.

And yeah, I use the HECS balls with this and in the morning practice drives or defense with the cover on.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

how could you hit the shuttle when there is headcover that hide the string. The shuttle wont bounce back much or even wont bounce at all.

5. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    You just swing really hard - I made it work yesterday lol

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Still... You will forget how it feel when the string makes contact with the shuttle.
    Also over training are bad to, i mean very heavy racket + head cover + actual games.