Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

I met him today and asked the same thing haha
    So he has previously used these chronologically:
    1. A cheap/fake carbon racket
    2. Brave Sword 12
    3. Duora 10
    4. VTZFII
    5. Astrox 77
    6. Astrox 88S
    7. Calibar 900
    8. Astrox 99

All big names here and very demanding rackets, maybe I’ll tell him to give P8 a try. Is there any difference between white and pink variants?
    If there’s hardly any changes in speed comparing P8 and F3, I’ll tell him to go for the P8.

Edit: and he plays with 28lbs as well.
    Edit #2: he specifically said he likes the Astrox 99 the most but found it a bit dull in defense.

#221 nameisTin, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    speCulatius likes this.
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Shouldn't be. In Vietnam, the pink version is only available in 4U though (while it's only 3U in Europe).
    I haven't tried the F3, just the F1, F2, and I expect the P8 to be slightly faster (4U vs. 4U). For having a regular sized head, the F2 is faster than it should be, I think...
    Tension doesn't choose the Racket. I've only tried one of the very first AX99 and reports here say the newer ones are less head heavy. Hard to compare...

If he's fine with compact heads, the P8 can be is a great choice, not sure how much he looses or wins with the F3 though, especially considering the difference in price.

If he wants a 3U, P8 it is, otherwise it's kinda like a trick question, I think.

nameisTin and Dave1011 like this.
  3. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

Oh I mentioned tension because he needs something that can take 28 or more if he likes haha
    Thanks for all the help guys ^^ so I guess one more to join Adidas fandom. I’m getting him a P8 and I’ll report back in a few days. Pretty sure he would love it.
    On another note, I even found a deal for Uberschall F3 which is only 85£ for 2 of them. Been very tempted to make a purchase

https://luongsport.com/san-pham/vot-cau-long-adidas-uberschall-f3/

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thats a great deal, I hope you take advantage!

speCulatius and nameisTin like this.
  5. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

No thanks i've already ordered my relative abroad to choose the heavist a3 in the store n he will bring it here with him on the next available slot for vacation.....though unfortunately seems still a bit long time looking at the way smelly corona still making this country on lockdown
    Dont matter much i cant go bdmtn anyway ....if i have a3 in my hands right now that would be the highest form of torture that i cant endure.....so better not....

Dave1011 likes this.
  6. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

directsports added `new` adidas rackets, so 2020 adidas lineup is just some ..... repaints? very glad that ordered two recons px9000 tws - a bit like p8 frame but way more advanced :)

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I believe that more rackets are planned for released later this year.
    Are you not using your F5 rackets anymore?

8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

nah they are too wobly and way too much on 4u side, both wilsons (recon px9600 and blaze sx8800j) offer more speed/power/control and they are 3u, tried to play with 4u rackets - not my cup of coffee

9. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I feel like BC is single-handedly increasing the popularity of adidas racquets :p you guys are marketing these products better than adidas themselves.

10. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Well not even Adidas themselves have their products here. I even emailed them inquiring about it only to be replied "hi yes we don't have it here".

Only 1 or 2 big sport retailers have their rackets and shoes, and for the badminton stores, only some mid to low variant shoes; wucht p3, bounce.

This coming from a country with a HUGE badminton market.

11. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Picture of an Adidas racket in Badminton England newsletter. Toby Plenty Using a P3 I think.

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yes its the P3 he uses

13. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

Couldn’t help it... and purchased one for myself.
    Strung with BG80 @25lbs, first time BG80 user, wonder how it would pair against AB or BG80/LN1 I have used. [​IMG]

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Club team league season and in fact all other tournaments are cancelled for me this year, which means that I finally have the time to test some new strings that I’ve had around for some months now.

Let’s start with an Adidas Überschall F66:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I haven’t really figured out why it’s marketed as a “thin and fast” string since it is a fairly standard 0.66 mm gauge. The surface is rather slippery and almost in NBG95 territory, so it will be interesting to see how it will feel in terms of control.

An interesting thing I’ve noticed is this:
    [​IMG]

And again I would really like to know who the OEM there.

Further impressions on court to follow.

#234 s_mair, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  15. speCulatius

Haha... I wonder why you chose this one to start with. :D
    True, the surface feels slick. Probably because of the "sonic skin".... I cannot take this marketing sh*t seriously. But wasn't it you who said that control is about the player, not the equipment?
    That I a really interesting question. All I know is that they're proud of their OEM for strings. If you wanna talk about it, I think you know how to reach me. I did have a thought when trying this and A68.

I'm really interested in your opinion, too. You already know I enjoyed this string a lot. I just need to write down my reviews for the A68 and F66 in the string section. Spoiler: I didn't have any control issues.
    Good choice.... I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

nameisTin and Dave1011 like this.
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yup, that was me and I'm still having the same opinion. However, it's a matter of adapting and that will be interesting to see. But for all those who feel like they must have a rough and grippy string, they can directly move on and cross out the F66 from their to-try list.

By the way and just for reference, I went with 12.5/12.5 kg (27.5 lbs.) and ended up with a 1328 Hz ping which is even a tad higher than what I get with LN1 (0.65 mm gauge).

17. Budi

Budi Regular Member

another succesfull marketing done by BC:D. Please Adidas... Learn how to sell your product.

speCulatius likes this.
  18. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Let's change the thread title to "Adidas badminton fan club" already.:D

19. speCulatius

That's what I thought when stringing. Interestingly, I did not feel the shuttle slip on the strings at any time. I did when trying BG66UM, for example. I'm really really curious what you'll think of this string, that includes a first impression and how it ages.

As a comparison to a rough string: I was able to switch between this and G-Tone 5 without any issues. They do age very differently though. And they're very different when stringing. And yes, I am confused.
    I asked them to hire me. Let's see where it goes.

20. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

An update from me of my Wucht P8, after finally having some good sessions with it, I'd like to take my words back of it being a forgiving racket.

It's definitely not forgiving and for an advanced player, or at least high intermediate. I needed some time to adjust and finally be able to play well with it.

I thought so because my initial thought was from me using it for warm ups and light sessions. I could hit easily, find its sweetspot since the pace was slower. It became troublesome in serious doubles when i needed speed.

Though mine is 4u version, it's clearly a slower racket than my 4u 88D, though the power is similar, even can be more powerful when i have an easy smash. For some reason i initially also had some problem with its manuevering at the net, I'm not sure why, i just kept hitting its frame.

It's head heavy and very stiff. To me it's between zf2 and 88d. Thought i could switch 88d and p8 without problems due to their similar feel when you just hold them and swing it around, but turns out they're quite different.

Build quality is very solid. I had a big miss-hit once after i just switched with 88d, but no paint chip was done. I'm sure it would've with yy or victor.

In summary, this is a very solid, powerful racket, leaned more towards single players. If you play doubles, get the 4u version but don't bother if you're a front court player. And only for a high intermediate at least.

Note, I'm a back court double player and amongst my rackets, this is how I'd rate them:
    88D > Ars90k > P8 > An9000c