Weird knot

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by nameisTin, Sep 28, 2020.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This!

What we've learned over the years is that tournament stringing and "normal people stringing" are two different worlds. And please let's not fall into the trap and see the glorious Yonex stringing team as some kind of unfailable reference. I can see why they would choose risking damage to the frame instead of the string since the latter would cause them to re-do the job and hence double the time they need for the racket. And that's all that tournament stringing is about: speed and consistency. They don't care if they damage the hole egdes on the inside in the long run since their pros go through what, 20 or 30 rackets per year. But for us normal stringers, priority number one should be to keep the racket safe and sound for as long as possible. And that's why those bulky starter knots are bad practise, plain and simple. Just because anything works "without a problem" doesn't make it great.

That's how I imagine an appendix looks like... :confused:

nameisTin and thyrif like this.
  2. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

That was painful to watch and I’m not even a stringer.
    How are these knots? An apprentice got a run on my new racket actually, a cool guy, not bashing him or anything, just want to know how good he did them, well, me and him both. Any remarks?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Nothing wrong with the knots

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

nameisTin likes this.
  4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Not parallel tails. Tails not flat.

BUT I'm being picky - just stuff i aim for myself. They look like they will hold well, and far batter than anything i strung in my first 3-4 years of stringing! Good work.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

nameisTin likes this.
  5. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

Thanks for your reply ^^ I’ll tell him he did a good job this one. He only has been stringing for almost 2 months but he has time and rackets to train on since he works in a shop.