Abroz venom or Protech zephyr fire

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ShinIori, Sep 30, 2020.

1. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Hello got a good deal on Protect zephyr fire. (Cheaper than venom), which do you guys suggest in terms of durability and ease of use. With Venom timing needs to be tight. How Abt this zephyr ? Does it feel heavy ( 86+-) ? / bcp with string ND grip ?

Many thanks

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Seeing past forums you made on deciding what to go for, think to yourself can you handle a stiff racket now as an intermediate and go up with it (Protech Zephyr Fire)? Or you rather stay safe with a medium flex racket (Abroz Venom)? And to answer in terms of durability and ease of use, probably both would target that answer.

Some information to ask you the difference between these rackets are:

Both balance points of these two are 295 mm around head-heavy.

Weight category: Abroz Venom (6U G2) and Protech Zephyr Fire (4U G2)

To explain your question on the weight, no matter if you put one grip on both of the rackets, the Protech Zephyr Fire will be heavier. The difference between the two rackets with the original grip is only by a few grams.

Max Tension: Abroz Venom (30 lbs) and Protech Zephyr Fire (35 lbs)

I hope you understand this information!

ShinIori likes this.
  3. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

Hi brother, I am actually still deciding in my budget.
    1. A39 could not find locally
    hence managed to source one from Malaysia. Okay but this might break easily on clash??
    Solution ? : Lining well nothing good in budget range unless 3u. //Protech, had no idea abt these. Gosen inferno plus =<protch zephyr fire/star. (Very good deals found 40percent of price). But heavy n dull feel. So Instead Victor avengers ? (tk f) ( Funky n cheap)
    , there is the Abroz venom but small sweet spot
    Lastly found Protech Odyssey rider seems to be better than fire/star in feel and easy use. around that price. ( I might seem too picky,) That was my thought process wanted to share with you specifically n others reading this.

Cheers!

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  4. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Listen, I am not in a position to decide what you should choose which racket to get. But I can help you with the information of each racket. If there is a local badminton hall that sells rackets and test rackets, go and choose the one that appeals to you then go on court and try it out for a bit.

Honestly, at this point you are just mesmerized on tons of different rackets. Just choose the one that fits your budget and won't hurt your arm. Considering you are intermediate, go for a medium flex racket. Hope you understand.

ckhh and ShinIori like this.