Thinking on buying a Stringing machine. What should I go for

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by pucko, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Dominik Emig

Dominik Emig New Member

Does anyone now have the stringmaster 3700 Pro? I'm also considering picking them up, but I haven't seen any pictures or reports about them yet. would it be possible to agree with whom someone owns it with a few pictures? Just how much space you have at the stringing under the racket would interest me.:)

2. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

edit: whoops sorry didnt read the whole thread.

s_mair has the older version of it, right? He has a video on it called stringmaster deluxe

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

As far as I can see from the pictures, the 3700 Pro is a badminton-only version of the Stringmaster Deluxe. The only difference seems to be the smaller sized turntable, main towers and side arms - everything else is the same. Clamps, bases, support bits...

You can basically watch the video review I did for the Deluxe to get a feel for the build quality and the parts of the machine. Just imagine the turntable being smaller and hence there will be less working space underneath the racket, that is for sure:

Great thing about the 3700 is that the main towers are still movable so you can easily fine-tune the correct positioning of the side supports to different head sizes of the rackets and to make the sit perfectly between the holes.

Personally, I wouldn't want to miss the huge working space ever again. The price difference between the 3700 and the Deluxe is around 80 EUR which to me is also a good price to having the freedom of strining tennis rackets also at some point. But in the end it will be a matter of taste and budget, I think you will be happy with both machines once you are used to each of them.

thyrif likes this.
  4. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

Hi, I also like the 3700, because it is compact, has all convinient features and (should be) good quality. I think it is relatively light too, about 24 kg. The only parts I dislike are these black plastic side supports, that look bulky and cheap. But i decided I will see it in real life and if necessary will order better supports from aliexpress or make myself. So I ordered the machine a month ago, dropweight, but unfortunately the only one at warehouse had missing baseplate. So I am waiting for the next delivery. There is one available with electronic tensioner.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Actually, I really do like these side support bits. They came with the first generation of the Deluxe as well (when you ordered the badminton kit with it) and they do a good job. I compared them to the Chudek supports I had left from my previous machine (they fit on both machines) and ended up keeping the Stringmaster ones. So my advice would be to neutrally check them out before you rush into buying something else.