Intermediaite to advanced racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Maratox, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Maratox

Maratox New Member

Im currently using the 88S 4U, im kinda struggling to get the power i want with it. Im looking for a head heavy racket, maybe even more head heavy than the 88S but also in general more weight. I want to use it for singles.

I like net play and drops so i do need something with a decent bit of control.

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

88S 3U or 88D 4U

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I feel like you already had an answer for yourself but you keep getting an answer that you dont want to hear & you just look for someone to finally speak the answer you are waiting for.

Or maybe you didnt ask the right question coz on every post you make, you always get 3U 88S/4U 88D as an answer. So maybe calm yourself for moment & think what you really want to ask for.

badmintonpog1 and llrr like this.
  4. Maratox

Maratox New Member

Actually the issue is that i keep getting contradicting info, the 88d was my first option for a while but then i started thinking that maybe i need more flex.

Mainly because some reviews said that if your technique isn't perfect it wont give you the power youd expect.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

the main issue would be that everyone physical are different. So one feel will feel different on other person. Its hard to ask thing like this as you will always get 2 different opinion.

Like me who play double most of the time yet my current main racket are Victor TK770HTi 3U & head heavy at the same time. Its the heaviest of all 3 of my racket which with current setup its weight are 99gr. Its pretty heavy for most of us who prefer 4U head heavy. But for me i find no problem even on fast pace.
    The untold story behind that are im strength oriented man but not as fast or agile as other person. Then no one ever know in what level i play with. Maybe im really that good but maybe anyone around me happen to be weaker than me which makes me look magnificant. I can say im beginner or intermediate or advance but what is the actual parameter classify someone intermediate/advance? Able to smash & break 30 layer of glass? Able to clear hit 1000x non stop? Or able to touch a hair put in the court 100x without a miss? Its pretty unclear & only when you see someone playing you could tell he is good or not.

So, i dont think you will find the right answer.
    Thing not always black or white but its colorfull depend on how each of us see it.

llrr and dnewguy like this.
  6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

If you can, try to try some racquets from friends or from a shop that let's you demo racquets. It is very hard to buy racquets without trying them. Also, struggling for power could mean any number of things. It could be your string tension is too low/high, or your technique is limiting the amount of power you can generate.