VTZF2 JP versus SP

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by juventus1, Mar 10, 2014.

1. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    The code on the racket has absolutely no influence on the country that produces the racket.

All high end Yonex rackets are made in Japan, no matter if their code is JP, SP, US, CD, CH, etc.

2. Nyquist

Nyquist Regular Member

3. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

6 years later and I am still in search for the truth on this topic, if possible, if I might be cheeky :) enough to ask, can said classified information can be released now for posterity's sake?

In my own limited experiences over the past few years, I now a collection of
    -Four 3uG5 Z-Force II's which are coded SP, SP, IP, and AS (Australia) respectively, the weight and balance point specs are 87.7g, 87.8 and 87.9 and 88.1 ; 318,318,318;322mm. Most significant to note here is the point that the IP version ZF2 is the most flexible out of the lot.
    -I have a SP coded 2UG5 Nanoray Z speed which has a shaft thats 0.5cm shorter than a US 3UG5 version (to date, this US Z-SP has the longest shaft i've seen on any racquet at close to 23cm !!!)
    -Three Voltric DG10's (the orange black originals), which are basically Yonex made clones of the ZF2 with a shorter thicker shaft and a different more resilient grade of carbon fiber rated higher by Yonex @ 35lbs. All are SP coded and 3UG5, but i've found staggering differences in balance points @318, 321 and 327mm (yep you read that right, 327, this is the ultimate).

I am struggling to decide if I should just take the plunge and fork out $270 - $380 for a single JP racket, or buy 2-3-4 (multiples) of the SP rackets.