Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Altus is way too expensive and at the same price bracket as Fortius but the technology seems better than the Altius.
    The series other than JPX are also at the same price range of JPX but don't have that technology/inovation as the JPX like hexagon frame, combi frame.
    Other series that interest me is Speedflex 7.0 Pro due to its light, ultra flexible and Head Heavy. None of the JPX or Fortius have this kind of spec, but the Speedflex is lacking other features .

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

if i see some of their racket namely F30P/C, JPX series, xyst series, they seems like to fit in their own category as they had their own uniqueness.
    Like XYST that promote their T-Joint which would improve stability & control.
    JPX series that use different frame type combination as selling point.
    F30 that use classic box frame with slimmer shaft & solid/filling frame similar to Yonex solid feel core tech.

But idk, im not quite following MZ racket. Maybe thing/stuff on XYST, Prototype, Technix are an old tech.

3. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Is interesting the top 3 rackets are made in Japan. I didn't know.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. Iwan Pandin

Which racket are you referring to?

5. n15m0

n15m0 New Member

Isn’t 87 to 88g 3u already? Does the Fortius 10Q comes in 3u? I’ll be interested.

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Swing weight. Not "weight".

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

7. n15m0

n15m0 New Member

I see, sorry my bad.

But is it possible to find a fortius 10Q which weigh within the 3U weight range?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

if it exist, well it might be hard to impossible to find. To find one that had quite big production error with nowdays tech, i think it will be 1 of a whole 10Q ever released:p
    Anyway, had anyone try XYST03?

9. Iwan Pandin

The best bet is you go to badminton store, weight all the F10Q they have, then pick the one that closer to 3U :)

10. n15m0

n15m0 New Member

Managed to get one at 87g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Iwan Pandin

Please review the racket

12. Ryan Abrenica

Ryan Abrenica Regular Member

Lawyer
    Hi guys. New BC member here. I am a decent intermediate to lower advanced on my best days and at my age (46) I am forced to play a tactical patient controlled style. I play only singles game and I have the JPX Limited. I still play with it and I think it is an overall good racket. I believe I was able to secure a good copy as mine does not feel light for an 87gram racket. I play with both feathers and plastics and keep my tension on all my rackets at 24/26 using the BG66 Ultimax. I love slightly head heavy rackets that plays balanced. I came from various Voltrics (my shoulders could not handle those no more) and the Arc10 & 11 before trying the JPX Limited and now the 100ZZ. I honestly do not feel a lot of difference in terms of speed and power between the JPX Limited and the 100ZZ. It is in the control department where the JPX limited lags behind the 100ZZ which is understandable as the 100ZZ has a much stiffer shaft. Although Mizuno rates the JPX Limited's shaft as stiff, I feel that it is in between flexible and slightly stiff. Regardless of such, I have played a lot of great games with my JPX Limited. I was reading the comments and was surprised at some of the criticisms about it. If you have a solid technique and a good amount of fitness behind you, this racket will not fail you. After all it is still the hand the wields the sword that matters. I believe that all rackets will have its merits and could shine if you are patient enough to draw out its potential and play to its strengths. Happy playing my friends.

13. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Just ordered a F10P, very excited to compare against my F10Q - But probably will only get to test it in at least month...

14. ngockhai

ngockhai Regular Member

civil engineering
    thanks bro, i also play arc 11, nanoray 900 and now the jpx ltd editon sale 95usd in vietnam during Black Friday. I will buy it.

Ryan Abrenica likes this.
  15. pandaafs

pandaafs New Member

Graphic Designer
    Wow guys, just saw this on Facebook. Seems like Mizuno is having a new high-end racket next spring!

Attached Files:

16. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Fortius 20 will be launched next year.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

17. Budi

Budi Regular Member

next gen of F10 or F30 or totally new model.

18. Iwan Pandin

https://www.mizuno.jp/badminton/news/products/20200903_fortius20/

FORTIUS 20

price ¥ 25,300 (main unit price ¥ 23,000)
    Product number 73JTB02145
    Color (45) Yellow
    size 5U6
    Torque level T8
    Material High elasticity graphite + graphite, MFUSION, tungsten
    Recommended tension 23 ~ 27lbs
    Country of origin made in Japan
    Remarks Frame only, with portable case

tjiew likes this.
  19. Iwan Pandin

I recently bought 3 Mizuno racket, JPX V-Edition, Fortius 30 Control, Technix 1.2i to replace my JPX Ltd Ed.
    First, I want to share my thoughts on JPX V-Edition as I already finish using the racket. I will share my review on the other racket when I finish get the complete feel of them.

The JPX V-Edition, as I measured my self:
    Weight: 83.83 gr
    BP: 300mm.

The frame is combi frame. Aero hexagram from the bottom to the middle and V Frame from middle to top frame. The aero hexagram part, JPX Ltd Ed is more sharper than V-Ed. The V frame, oh boy, its really thin and sharp.
    The head frame is shorter than JPX Ltd Ed, but little bit wider.
    The shaft feels medium to me.

Feel of the racket
    Swing speed is surprisingly fast. I didn't expect it since the BP is 300mm. It feels faster than Fortius 30 Control which is an even balance racket. Maybe that because of the thin V frame and aero hexagram frame.
    The sweet spot area is large. I rarely miss hit with this racket (maybe due to the wider frame). The racket is stable. I don't feel any vibration when the racket hit the shuttle.
    Another surprising found, this time a negative one, is that it lack power compare to JPX Ltd Ed, F30C and Technic 1.2i. A surprise because the BP is 300mm. Suppose to be a head heavy racket that generate good power. Instead it feels like a speed racket.
    The control, net play, is okay with this racket..

In the end, I sold this one :D

20. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

I saw all those high end Mizuno in Tokyo last year, but still use 5U Speedflex 7.0 and mostly 7.0 Pro. Otherwise, 5U Yonex FB and Voltric I Force. Sometimes with 1 or 2 cm of lead tape. All BG65 at 24lbs. Very easy to play with as the weight makes nets, defence, and flicks, effortless. Also, I have found the newer Wave Fangs to be not as grippy as the ones from 5 years ago. Probably, more longevity on the rubber mats though.