Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

IMG_20180914_1350361.jpg

Attached Files:

2. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Hi dhobo, I'm no expert but I do have a couple of bs12. If u open up the original grip, there should be a barcode sticker on the wood.

3. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Just curious dhobo, where did you get the racket from and how much did you pay for it?

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Looks fake to me.

5. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

#1685 BadmiCat, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  6. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

Does anyone know where can i get the original grommets for bs12 blue?

7. namcho

namcho New Member

I've heard many people complaining about the lack of power of their bs 12. I've also experienced the same thing. So I tried different head heavy racket to compensate the power, but none of them was as fast.

Recently, I decided to put 3 grams of tape on the head of the racket (2.5 g at 10, 12, 2 clock position and 0.5 g on the T-joint). The result was amazing to me. It is much more powerful and still superbly fast.

Just want to share this to the community with the hope that people will not give up on the bs 12. It is sad to see not many people discussing about this great racket nowadays.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well it is expected. It isn't the newest toy on the block. We've loved and beaten it up for 8 years. It's a future classic like the Ti10 I dare say. But hey, you don't see anyone actively talking about it now do you? Much less an ARC10. Like all classics. Those of us who have used it and still own it know what it's all about. They're much harder to find now as well being out of production and all.

Lead tape isn't anything new as a solution but as history has proven, your mileage will vary a lot when it comes to using lead tape one rackets for each individual. Fortunately for you it worked. For most of us it didn't because the resultant additional weight made an already flexible enough racket even more so which we felt was extremely detrimental to its performance overall.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Simeon likes this.
  9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I really do not share the same view about the BS12 lacking power. I can get a huge amount of power from the BS12, sure it isn't the most powerful racquet I have ever used, but the power is there. You just need to learn to access it. One of the beauties with the BS12 is the ability to access good power without a full swing owing to combination of the med-flex shaft solid head and aero characteristics which makes it great for half smashes, stick smashes and drives. If you want better ultimate power with very similar characteristics, try the BS11 (LHI) but they are difficult to get hold of now.

As with other aerodynamically fast racquets, you have to get used to the fact that in a full power smash, it will arrive at the shuttle a fraction sooner and thereby end up hitting slightly higher on the string bed if you have not adjusted for it. I've seen a lot of people unknowingly mistime the shuttle with fast racquets. The sweetspot on the BS12 is just above the centre. It is actually closer to the centre than some other racquets. Get this right and I can assure you, you will not be complaining about lack of power! Obviously assuming you have good technique and the right string setup for you too.

Glad you managed to find some success with the lead tape but I suspect the lead tape has not only added some mass to the frame (which will add power) but may have slowed the racquet down a touch such that you may be contacting the shuttle closer to the sweetspot (on a full power smash) and so generating much better power.

Good that you haven't given up on the BS12. I think in time, those who truly know what the BS racquets are capable of will not need to look beyond them. They are genuinely real classics that are yet to be surpassed in my opinion.

Gpower and Simeon like this.
  10. namcho

namcho New Member

Yes, adding lead tape on the racket is nothing new. However, for me, it works best for the BS 12 in compare with other rackets. I'm not sure about the reason, but the explanation from @R20190 seems reasonable. Although it's not new, it works amazingly for me, so I want to share just in case someone would also find it useful. ;)

Glad to know that you guys still love the BS 12. To me, it is really a legendary racket, especially with some tape on it.:D:D:D

Gpower, boon_keng and R20190 like this.
  11. KingCantona

KingCantona Regular Member

I have been a BS12 4U user for sometimes. I used to have lousy technique and I could not unleash the full potential of this racket. After several years playing with other rackets and improved my techniques, especially the use of wrist and probation, I can say the BS12 can be pretty powerful. As long as the smashes is not easily retrieved by the opponent and you can easily kill a lift that is 3/4 long, I think that is good enough on power. In defence and drive, this racket work extremely well. I have recently gotten a JS12M 4U, that will give a little more punch and solid feel of your shots. After using, the Duora 10, Astrox 77, Astrox 88s and Apacs Virtuoso performance, I think this pair BS12 and JS12 is now my favorite. In addition, the paint on the JS12M looks amazing.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

namcho likes this.
  12. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I read an in-depth blog that compared the bs12 blue to the bs 12 grey, which most people thought were identical to one another. Apparently the grey version has a shorter shaft when compared to the blue, and he also stated that could be why the grey played a bit more stiff than the blue (like a lot of people who experienced it here). Apparently the blue and grey were NOT identical this whole time

But he also said something strange.. Although the grey one played stiffer, he said the grey one flexed a bit more when flexing by hand compared to the blue. He did however say he could be wrong, since the differences were minimal. I'm not sure if the manufacturer put a softer shaft on grey to compensate for the shorter shaft and make it feel closer to the blue, or if this is just a manufacturing variance.

fyi the white one is the bs12L. Source is here

#1692 ChocoChipWaffle, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    ant01 likes this.
  13. roy7497

roy7497 Regular Member

Medical Doctor
    hello all BS 12 Lovers ❤️
    sharing my remaining BS 12 and just add on one a new one recently

Attached Files:

14. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Hi, caps may be longer on the grey one compare to the blue one. So the shaft is shorter and stiffer ? Victor do this also with the jetspeed i think.

15. ichibandaiichi

ichibandaiichi Regular Member

Is it just me or this racket is prone to paint chips? Mine already has a few :(

Dave1011 likes this.
  16. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

How is this BS12 3u or 4u compare to the Victor Thruster F Claw? Thanks

17. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yes the bravesword frames are very sharp on the edge so can chip easily.

18. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

In terms of paint chip, there's a secondary coating layer that has the decals painted on it which chips as easily as a dry leaf, but all in all the rest of the paint and the overall durability of the frame is good relative to how light the frame is

#1698 ChocoChipWaffle, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    Dave1011 likes this.
  19. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

What is an alternative for BS12 3U?

20. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

You could look at the Li Ning Turbo Charging 70 series. They don't have the sword frame but are amongst the faster frames.

Turbo Charging 70B (Boost) should be most similar to BRS12 (but slightly more headlight), if you want a bit more headheavyness and stiffness you can go for the TC 70C (Combat) or regular TC 70 (Drive)

s6edge likes this.