badminton tournaments service

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Martynas, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Hello,

I hope that is the right place to post, but may be admins will move the thread if needed,
    So after my experience as a player and umpire I came up with this service:
    https://badminton-tournaments.com/
    so if you happen to organize tournament and want to do it digitally - give it a go,
    it has everything for setting up the tournament (system), getting entries online, schedule and live match display/refereeing (refereeing part could be omitted, but you can referee with any device which have browser)

Very looking forward to feedback and early adopters (first organiser would remain free indefinitely)

kind regards!

2. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

That sounds pretty good!

We always use tournamentsoftware because thats what is mandated by the league, but that's not great. For our internal club tournaments this could be very useful, as the tournamentsoftware thing is kinda complicated.

I'll be making an account and checking it out further, soon.

Is there a way to help out to translate it to my language?

We usually have player report their match outcome back to the officials, who then enter it into the tournament application, but if players could do that themselves it would be a lot less work! (but sharing the master password with referee-ing may not be ideal :p)

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

The service itself I think will stay in English, but yes the most important thing is to put up guide how to create and manage tournaments (because there are quite a lot of settings), and these guides could be translated to any language, with some help :)

as for refereeing it is protected not with master/account password, but with tournament refereeing password, so it is different with each tournament, but I plan to add confirmation email for each participant and to put participant refereeing password there.

but if you will have some questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly :)

thyrif likes this.