Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Too much intransparency, incompetence, inconsistency from BWF and it already happened in ThailandOpen. Its just that no one have the power to make a meal of it and it wasnt case more serious than this.

its just exploding timebomb.

badito likes this.
  2. badito

badito Regular Member

What if the result of BWF covid test were fake?

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

3. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Oh they do want to wine about it, that's for sure. All the videos from the tournament are flooded with Indonesian "woe is me" spam. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as pathetic as this collective outrage. They're probably burning effigies of Paul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen and English flags as we speak. :D:D

j4ckie, Gacon1234star and LD rules! like this.
  4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#184 Sundis, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    Gacon1234star likes this.
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

JPN is sh*ck winning without CHN & INA

badito likes this.
  6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Too much incompetence from PBSI thinking they are above the law in a foreign country and if they cry about it they can just be allowed to do what they like.

7. Cunning Linguist

Yeah, talk about incompetence. The best was the clip of Hendra Setiawan stating he "didn't know the 10 -day isolation" rule. I mean, really? You are travelling to a foreign country in the middle of a pandemic but you can't be bothered to check the publicly available government regulations on that? And then you blame that complete lack of personal responsibility on the BWF?

dood1234, j4ckie, decoy and 3 others like this.
  8. lurker

lurker Regular Member

I understand this line very clearly...
    There are compromises made within BWF and All England, but none can be made with UK Gov.
    Why others can't is beyond me.

9. badito

badito Regular Member

So BWF didn't made any mistake.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

bwf didnt say so. Of course BWF is liable.they probably told INA team and other countries not to.

anyway, how does it feel winning easy?

badito likes this.
  11. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Dearest One in Yoji

My heart goes out for your agony and the immeasurable disappointment in these toughest of times.

I remember how the last we talked to each other, you mentioned it's your dream to see Minions grab the All England and the Olympic Gold in the same year, a feat, that would stand the test of time. But I assure you, that winning India Open plus Olympic Gold is as much of an achievement, even bigger, more prestigious IMO.

The conduct against the Indonesian players is as disturbing to me as it is to you.

The once specificly spectacular, All England Open, has catapulted into Birmingham Grand Prix Gold in the eyes of my friends and friend- forummers. I hereby announce the boycott of this tournament as a token of support to you.

You have raised all the valid questions and your reasoning is inspired by curious-thinking.

In the year coming ahead, I wish all your favorite players take the medal of your choice and three of your own wishes coming true.

Be happy

Nine Tailed Fox

stanleyfm and Yoji like this.
  12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah even under normal circumstances, in long term people will just think its prestigious AE title.
    obviously , its not the case now. Its unfortunate the tournament becomes degraded. how would champion even feels when the talk isnt about them winning.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Talk in the rest of the world except INA will be of them winning. But don’t let that get in the way of your conspiracy theory.

j4ckie, Gacon1234star and skhai91 like this.
  14. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Lakshya Sen has a good chance to reach the SF, hopefully he can win today

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  15. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Considering that he lost in R2 of the All Japan Championships to Onodera Yusuke (!?!), ... and was in danger of losing his place on the A team, NOT BAD!! It was exasperatingly close.

But at 1.66 m, how far can he rise in MS?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If this is true, it looks like an empty threat. It’s about a health issue. CAS is certainly not a medical institution and will take advice from medical authorities who are the experts in that field.

I don’t know the full story but 7 positives from one team is a huge public health issue and they came on the same flight with another person on the same flight who was also positive. I agree that the test should be repeated but I don’t know the logistics of how long it would take to get a test organised. From a public health perspective, the action is to quarantine first, to protect other people. Otherwise, there is a potential superspreader outbreak across other people.

Consider the following if positives are true positives: Would Indonesia be happy to be a source of COVID outbreak at the All England amongst international players from other countries? That would probably decimate badminton at the Olympics. Indonesia gets accused of conspiracy theory to sabotage competitors.

How about if they are false positives: Indonesian team are quarantined as a precaution. Nobody gets infected. Indonesian team get pissed off but they still survive to play another day. Reputation is still intact.

j4ckie, LD rules!, decoy and 4 others like this.
  17. badito

badito Regular Member

1 point make me so curious, all Indonesian Players already in the hall and made a contact with official and maybe with another Players. Something fishy here. [​IMG]

#197 badito, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That is why all of them should be retested. INA team is already tested negative of course they have the right to play, but what about 7 people? they are the one that is the source of the covid outbreak and trying to decimate badminton at olympics obviously. No one knows what their true health status is.

Thats where they said it. Also said discriminative act by BWF.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    INA team better take their case to the NHS, not to BWF.

dood1234, j4ckie, decoy and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cunning Linguist

I think you're on to something here - keep investigating, please. At first I thought this whole charade of banning mighty TEAM INDONESIA was orchestrated by the BWF to improve the chances for ENGLISH players, but your keen observations may have uncovered an even wider, global conspiracy.

Japan, the BWF, Badminton England, and the British Government all are involved. Probably the WHO as well.
    I mean, just look at the OUTSTANDING results by Indonesia in all three Thailand tournaments (without CHN & JPN) - it's clear the only way England and Japan could deal with that kind of awesomeness is by government-assisted Covid-cheating.

I imagine it happended a little like this:

A rainy evening in London. Two men approach each other on a quiet street in Westminster. They are Park Joo Bong, the Japanese head coach, and Adrian Christy, Chief Executive of Badminton England. Both are wearing trenchcoats, hats, and carrying a briefcase of hush money each. They are on their way to the Department of Health and Social Care to hand over their "luggage" to a high-ranking government offical - in exchange for a favour, of course.
    Inside the officials dimly lit office, the following conversation takes place:

Official: Bloody hell, guys. That is a lot of dosh you brought. You really want those Indonesians gone from the tournament, don't you?
    PJB: Yes, we can't deal with them on the court. Just look at how well they did in Thailand.
    Official: But isn't badminton struggling heavily already due to the pandemic? There won't be any spectator revenue for All England and the price money is also down significantly. Wouldn't banning a lot of star players mid-tournament be shooting yourself in the foot?
    AC: Yes, but is the only way we can get Toby Penty to win one more round.
    Official: It's settled, then. We'll cook something up.

dood1234, oldtaby, j4ckie and 12 others like this.