In need of a racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Hilman Haziq Zikry Hilmi, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Hilman Haziq Zikry Hilmi

Hi guys, im 23 this year and in need of a racket recommendation. I would say my play style is very aggressive. My game usually involved a lot of smashes and drop but i would say the way i win points is in my smashes. Currently im using li ning head heavy racket at 3u. Now im looking for a racket that is head heavy and good for smashing also at 3u. I also strung my racket at 30lbs so a racket that can withstand that tension would be great. I also play singles and rarely play doubles. The racket that i have in my mind currently is either astrox 99 or astrox 100zz but im not really sure about it. If you guys have any other recommendation i would really appreciate it.

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Why do you need a racket recommendation although you have a racket already? How about focusing on your smashes by training?

3. Hilman Haziq Zikry Hilmi

I’m already at the stage where a change of the racket can bring out my game to another level, that’s why i need a better racket. Plus, i would say my current racket does not really bring out the best i can do.

4. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

What exact racket model are you using?

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hhhmmm.... From what point you judge that your level are rising & thus require new racket? & how do you know that your current racket doesnt bring your 100% of you?
    Dont think racket work like a vidoe games. Equip an Iron sword at 1st. When you level up, you use mythril sword that is better & amplify your power better.

High end racket require you better skill & physical strength. Its demanding tool to use. Pro sacrifice power to gain more precission shot & for that reason they hone their skill & physical form into nearly perfect human. They train like crazy everyday.

So rather than you come up with those funny reason, just tell us what racket you use now (not just Lining brand but model name to) & tell us what you feel lack from it.

balls2u likes this.
  6. Hilman Haziq Zikry Hilmi

Currently im using li-ning cl 600 3u. I would say the main problem i have with this racket is that i found my placement of the shuttle is very inconsistent. Like for example when doing a drop sometimes it goes where i want it to go but there are time it doesnt and went further than i intended to. Even when clears there are many instances where the shuttle went further behind than the line. This is why i’m thinking of getting a new racket that maybe can help with this inconsistency and can help control my shot a little bit. I tried to string my racket really tight at 30lbs with a control string like aerobite boost but this problem still occurs. I’m really glad if you guys can help me recommend a racket.

Cheung likes this.
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You can try making the handle grip very slightly thicker. For singles, that helped me with control.

For doubles, I prefer slightly smaller grips.

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

thats better;)
    Ok, Lining CL600. Never try it before but paper spec said its 3U, 300BP, & Flex racket.
    Idk about your skill lv right now, but in my club i know a lady that use Flex racket. Her games are kinda simple rally base (clear, drop, net, etc without deceptive shot nor wrist play) but even with flex racket her accuracy are quite good. The only time she suffer is when the games turn into fast pace games & when i test her racket (i love tasting friend new racket:p) the flex become problem when you play deceptive or wrist snapping shot.

Anyway your choice AX99 or 100ZZ is a big no if you ask me. Those are 2 most demanding Yonex racket after ZF considering you come from flex racket & Lining stiffness rating always lower than other brand (Lining Stiff racket are other brand medium stiff racket).

You could go for something medium like for Yonex Astrox DG Series (but it only on 4U). Or if you prefer heavy stuff you can try Voltric DG series. Or if you want the expensive one, go for AX77.

But, i suggest you to hold yourself from buying new racket. When you play in your club, try many of your friend racket. Have a stroke exchange with it or play games if allowed & feel it yourself how it was. When you find something you like, you could buy the same racket or if you just want different racket, comeback here asking what racket that are similar to the racket you like.

9. Hilman Haziq Zikry Hilmi

Thank you for the tips!

10. Hilman Haziq Zikry Hilmi

Thank you so much for your advice. And yes i think maybe i should try all different types of racket first as there are many different kind of racket out there and from there see which one i like. Thanks a lot! Also i just look at the price of astrox 99 and 100zz, the price is no joke, you actually save me from spending tons of money on the racket i might not be able to use :p

Cheung, Budi and badmintonpog1 like this.