Astrox 88d pro vs fortius 10 quick

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by wengkhan, Mar 27, 2021.

1. wengkhan

wengkhan New Member

sales
    I am more of a back court / smash player
    Currently eyeing on these two racquets
    Which would you recommend ?
    Any thoughts?
    currently mizuno is more expensive than the ax88d pro is it worth the extra money ?

2. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

I can speak for the Mizuno fortius 10 series as I have both the quick and power. I have not tried the 88d pro. Quick is not a great exclusive back court racket but is great at drives and flat game. Smashing takes a little more effort from the back. On the other hand the fortius 10 power is a beast from the back court. Having said that the 10 power is not an easy racket to handle. Head heavy box frame is not good at manoevring which should be obvious. Regardless both are advanced rackets which excel in control and solid feel. The build quality, decals and paint job are top notch on both the fortius 10 rackets.

Cheung and boby like this.
  3. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

Also, a finer detail. The first cross from the top on the fortius 10 series is low when compared other rackets. So if you are someone who mishits at the top often you might be restringing frequently. Something to keep in mind.

4. wengkhan

wengkhan New Member

sales
    Thanks for the advice
    Did you play Yonex racket before ? how does mizuno compare to Yonex

5. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

I only tried the fortius 10 series from Mizuno. so cannot speak for the entire brand. Again I have not used the 88d pro myself. But from watching a video review and since it feels more flex than the original 88d, I'm guessing it will be an easier racket to use when compared to the 10 quick.
    About the fortius 10. I find it special. Be it the exclusivity or the shaft or strength in the frame. I cannot pin point at one. They call the shaft mfusion which they imported from their golf clubs. It's very repulsive. Though it's not a compact head the strength in the box frame gives you the solidity. From marketing purposes it also has the RGS from Yonex. Mizuno calls it beyond force system.
    The original 88d was a very fine racket but I didn't like the color or the paint quality. It would chip even from the smallest of clashes. I hope they improved on that front on the pro model.

6. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I have both 4U Fortius10 Power (F10P) and 4UG5 AX88DP (88DP).
    My experience with 88DP is quite limited as I like to switch around a lot, but I can tell you in general that F10P is friendlier than 88DP.
    I can produce smashes from the back quite comfortably with F10P compared to 88DP, as I am still having timing issue with 88DP.
    Both are on the heavier side at their head, however for me the 88DP has a slightly faster drive and push if I timed it right.
    My favourite aspect with the F10P is its short handle, having longer shaft let me produce power easier than the 88DP.
    If it matters to you, F10P hold its shuttle for a longer period of time, I have better time controlling the shuttle with it. 88DP is very repulsive and it is very good if you are on the aggressive play, not so great if you need more time to decide where to place the shuttle.

7. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Answering your question whether F10P is worth the extra cost, to be honest, no one can give you an objective answer. For example, I could afford to own F10P that is more expensive than the new Victor Black Falcon, I play better with the Black Falcon, does it means that the F10P is not worth its extra cost compared to the Victor? I still like my F10P because I occasionally like to play a more controlling game.
    From my experience in M'sia, Mizuno either maintain their original price or discontinue them. I feel that F10 series are great rackets, if you can afford it, just try it and sell it if you don't like it. There's a healthy second hand market here.
    On the other hand, all Yonex rackets in M'sia might experience a price hike near the mid year. I'm not entirely sure that it is going to happen but it might be something to keep in mind if you're really interested in the Yonex racket.

8. wengkhan

wengkhan New Member

sales
    Thanks for your answer
    Mayb I will just get the 88d pro first before the price hike

9. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

get the ax88d pro for sure. I have them, actually 88d pro is awesome racket, completely have power, control and easy use, fortius 10 q n p are stiffer than 88dpro and quite heavier too. so if you still doesn't have enough power, try 88dpro, it will help you rather than mizuno