KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

Kawasaki and Li-Ning are undisputed in terms of design

EdwinD and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. Luciole

Luciole Regular Member

Hello, some news about Honor S9 ?

3. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Just an update on the honor s8, still really enjoy playing with it. Although it hasn't broke yet, I can tell the material and the frame are very weak. The material around the frame sinks inwards when inserting grommets using just my hand strength and there are already sinking grommet issues. I guess that's the price you gave to pay to get the the hollow and airy feel.

Edit: small mistake I meant s7

#203 michael5098, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

where can I get it in Indonesia?

5. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Pics and details! I've got a 3U sitting around, which I haven't played with yet.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

6. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Hi, someone PM me here andasked my view on K9 compare with other racket and I might as well share it here..

Disclaimer: I am only average badminton fan. This is only my personal experience using this racket and I am not endorsing nor discouraging others racket

"
    Hi,
    Firstly sorry for the late reply.

I say go for it.. The King K9 is a stable racket to use, easy to use, Medium flexible shaft if you hold the very end of the handle; and can be stiff the higher up you place your hand.

The smash power might be just a little bit lower than the astrox / zforce2 but it makes up with the easy of use and stability.

Very easy to tame and use.

King K9 vs Astrox 77, although ax77 is rated medium flex,the ax77 felt stiffer than King K9. Also the head felt heavier as well.

King K9 vs Astrox 100zz, the 100zz is all-rounder racket whereas the K9 is more to towards midcourt-to-backcourt. 100zz have a higher learning curve and get used to while you can get along with the K9 almost at any day.

K9 vs ZF2, ZF2 is powerful but very tiring to use.

K9 vs AVP, AVP is fast racket.. its very different than the K9 which is a powerful/balance racket

Hope this helps.
    "

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Brought a few kawasaki rackets from 11.11 sales. Just received the M7 lite. Interestingly some of the grommet holes are drilled straight rather than in the direction of the frame. Annoying that they only supplied normal grommets in these so they stick out quite a bit.

Wondering if this is a good idea or not...thinking it might impact durability and the strings might not go so nicely over these bit that pop out... [​IMG]

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

8. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

As always with their paintjobs Kawasaki nailed it

9. givemealltherackets

givemealltherackets New Member

How dis the racket play?

10. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Haven't had a good chance to play with it, so can't really tell. There's no immediate red flags, but the one game I played with it, I had trouble adjusting, so I switched back to my normal racket, 4U auraspeed 90K. During the warm up I managed to hit one surprisingly steep smash, so the potential is there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

11. Ptah

Ptah New Member

Hey everyone,
    I I received at christmas a Kawasaki Master 900 but no professionnel in my area know how to string it.

Do you know where I could find any documentation about this stringing pattern ?

12. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Please find other stringers. There's nothing too unique about the racket, other than that is has less shared holes. It seems like it's made for a Hariboto pattern. If going two piece, it can get ugly, like this picture from badminton-racket-review (.com?) demonstrates. I'll assume they just did that to show what not to do.
    PSX_20220104_005438.jpg
    Tying off the mains at the 9th main string with 3 strings in one shared hole (@kakinami's mod) could avoid that even when going with a two piece pattern.

Any stringer, professional or not, should at least be able to do what you see in that picture. However, I recommend a one piece (Hariboto) pattern for this racket. I'd use @s_mair's version, but that's my go to anyway. He has a video on it, but there might be some slight modifications necessary...

If it has to be two piece, go with the modifications mentioned.

Ptah likes this.
  13. Ptah

Ptah New Member

Thank you very much for this very comprehensive answer !

speCulatius likes this.
  14. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Had this same stringing problem with the m7 lite. Don't understand why they can't put another shared hole in... Anyway I've chose to tie off the cross against the shared hole above 10, because I didn't fancy putting two knots in the same hole at 8.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

15. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Hey Ryan, what are your thoughts on the Master 900 vs K9 4U, the stats are identical for stiffness, balance point, weight, shaft length, even shaft and frame material according to the brochure View attachment 200379 View attachment 200380

Anyone got experience on the stiffness of K9 4U and it's actually medium/low stiff (between K9 3U and Master 900) and not the same stiffness as Master 900 according to Kawasaki?

16. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Sorry meant 3U, how do I edit/delete my earlier post

17. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Any thoughts on their shoes? The K-170D model looks neat. [​IMG]

18. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Like the design and they are not too bad for the price (paid ~65€ on Aliexpress with 10 days shipping).

Cheaper than the Yonex 88 Dial, which come in at above 100€ rn (paid ~90€ back in 2020).

For 2/3 the price they offer better stability, a better insole and similar to minimally more cushioning (but that's probably due to the insole). They have a slightly wider cut than the 88D and also slightly worse grip.

But the dial mechanism is where they saved some money compared to the Yonex alternative:

The dial on the Yonex is just amazing, love it and it works just like new after almost 18 months (mostly as backup shoes though).

The dial and the mechanism in general on the Kawasaki shoes is sadly worse in every way and it isn't as smooth as it was at the beginning on both pairs now after 4/5 months.

Attached Files:

John Xina likes this.
  19. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Thanks for the response! Have you tried other Kawasaki shoes? And do they all have issues with grip? I'm interested in getting the K-527 now, but since I play mostly on wood floors good grip is especially important for me.

20. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The Kawasaki ones do not have a problem with grip. It is just that the Yonex ones are slightly better...

I also play on wooden floors most of the time and there is only one hall which has a really old floor that hasn't been properly cleaned for quite a while now.
    This is the only floor where I struggle with these shoes' grip but so do pretty all the LN, Victor and Yonex shoes I have used...
    In all other halls wiping down the shoes with your hands or on your calves every once in a while does the trick.

Haven't tried any other Kawasaki shoes so far since the only interesting aspect for me has been the Dial tightening mechanism.