TAUFIK the DOMINATOR

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by POSHBOY, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    ya well said lol! u go B**CH~~~~ :D

2. taufik_brother

taufik_brother Regular Member

[QUOTE=ckloo]This guy is just another good pretender to make himself marketable just like Beckham(doing all sorts of things to attract media)...I know he is good but he is too materialistic and realistic.

fact about taufik
    high temperament, brash, materialistic, playboy, bad boy, drunkard (gue yakin cm sekali2 buat ngilangin stress), rich people; luxurious house, luxurious cars (look at his cars from BMW until ferrari),celebrity, infotainment, paparazzi, glamour life.
    SO WHAT? :mad:

that's his life style. he is rich...he has money....if he want to spend his money, isn't big problem . that's his money, except if he spend your money. he want to enjoy his life. Isn't your business.:mad:

I don't know you malaysian or not, but if I visit other badminton forum (badmintonplanet) why only malaysian people want to criticise taufik attitude? it's ok, most malaysian people are very religious. Can you imagine if Taufik is malaysian? surely he will go out from that country just becoz most people in that country will more pay attention his attitude than his talent as badminton player :)

believe me, taufik still better than other indo celeb :D
    he's talented player, as indonesian we proud of him :D
    about his personal life, who cares. sure for now, some people in indonesia doing what he did :cool:
    ga usah jd orang munafik deh, orang playboy, materialistik, pemarah, kurang ajar ga cuma taufik doang :D

PEACE :D

[​IMG]

GO AA TAUFIK, KEEP THE BEST.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Taufik said in his Press Media conference, this past Sunday, that most likely he won't be playing in the SEA games this year, as he won it already last year. He will play in Indonesian Open and maybe China Open though.

4. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

thank you ctjcad:)
    it is a very relief for me coz i expect to watch taufik's match in the true life so:p
    and it is exciting news for all china fans indeed:D

5. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Who Cares?

I know Taufik's lifestyle and undesirable behavior has been discussed more than once on this forum, and for the final time: WHO CARES? Nobody is voting him to be Pope and last I heard, "Player of the Year" isn't determined by how you spend your money.

To quote somebody else on another thread, great and nice can go hand-in-hand, but it takes all kinds to make up the world. Not every good athlete makes a good role model, which is what makes us gratified to see more Tony Gunawans.

6. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    We need more Taufiks in the badminton world. He represents what a successful badminton star can achieve. Fast cars, big houses, model girlfriends...credit to him. It is not out of line compared to stars from other sports.

Do not forget he is not only a badminton player, but a celebrity.

You need people like him to inspire kids to play, especially the ones out in the Ghettos and Slums.

7. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Ghettos and Slums indeed! :D I love the way you put it.

Yes, that is a valid point. The success of Brazilian soccer (and its players) has inspired many poorer children to want to participate in the sport. Ronaldo himself came from a relatively deprived background too, no?

And I think what you've said about not being out of line compared to stars from other sports holds true. A dilemma I perceive many badminton fans to be having is that on one hand, we want the sport to achieve a higher level of prominence, but on the other, we still would like the players to have as "clean" an image as possible.

I would think that if more money were to be poured into the sport, it might be reasonable to expect the emergence of more Taufiks. Money and virtue don't always go together - although it doesn't have to be the case.

#67 Adel, Aug 25, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  8. bestower

bestower New Member

It seems to me that he really dont give a damn about those opens tournament, and never give his 100% unless they are major ones. remember how he got demolished by lcw in malaysian open? At that time i am very happy from lcw but knowing taufik, and seeing how he reacted after the match, i realized that he didnt even care that he had lost by such a bad margin. 15-5 15-0 was it? his psychological and mental preparedness was evident in the WC wheree he trash everyone he played, he's talented no doubt but its the mental factor that won him these big championship games not the hours u put in training. As for Lin Dan, for all the skills in the world, he can never trully be great if he keeps crumbling at big stages like this, remember the lost to ronald susilo in the olympics? So in that sense Taufik is a true champion, and it doesnt matter how cocky he is or how much u hate him:( .

#68 bestower, Aug 27, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  9. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    hi ppl... how come Taufik's world ranking is still #6?? His point hasn't change at all... anyone got a clue? or did IBF screw up?

10. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

well, taufik only got 600 points(?) for WC champion
    it cant fill up the gap between he and #5;)
    actually, he still needs 1700 points to catch up with Bao.....
    so many...:eek: :rolleyes:

who can explain the rankings?
    thanks
    http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal/desktopmodules/ranking.asp?categorycode=MS&scr=1024x768

11. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    The calculation is correct

Hello there, no, IBF did not screw up. The calculation is correct. The way they calculate is they add up the points you get from your achievements in the best 10 tournaments you participated in for the past 12 months. We all know that the Olympics last year and the WC this year took place in August at about the same time. By winning the Olympics, Taufik gained 6000 points. But these points 'expired' at the end of WC and so those points disappeared. However, by winning the WC, Taufik has gained 6000 points. So he lost 6000 points and then gained 6000 points again, so his points remain the same.

12. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

thank you very much:)
    i know 1700 points is not that far.....distance now
    taufik must be the one whose average is highest in top 10:cool:

13. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

When I was chatting with Sonny Dwi Kuncoro, I asked him about Taufik's loss at the Malaysian Open...how anyone with Taufik's ability can get beaten so badly and got a 0. I don't know if Sonny was just trying to cover up for a teammate, but he said that Taufik had a stomach ache during the match and just needed to get out of there.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

"They", the coaching staff and (to a certain extent the organizer), actually disclosed his injury at the Malaysian Open as a rib injury http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=10&ItemID=1827..After his victory over LCW in the WC Semifinal, a reporter asked him about that but Taufik didn't really say it was "a main injury" or "the main cause" for why he lost to LCW at the MO..

But knowing Taufik's history and personality, yah Sony could be just "covering up" his teammate as well as what his other teammates said. I know from one of them, he said Taufik will *show-up to play* if "he's in the mood or wants to win", or translated in Indonesian, "Taufik kalo maen orangya angin-anginan".. :rolleyes:

15. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Going back to the topic about Taufik being the dominator I agree with a lot in here that Taufik at the moment is the best. Not by far terms, but with a little margin.... A lot will problary say now that he beat LD with 3 and 7 and no one has done that etc etc, yes thats right but LD was exchausted from his match against Gade the day before and played under a tremendeous presure from his coach and country.. I do not say that Taufik would´nt win the tournament if LD was fresh or he has faced Gade instead I just want to say that he at the moment is the best by a little margin. He can be troubled as in the 1/8 and 1/4 finals and by a fresh LD and Gade. I believe he will sustain his high lvl if he wants to, but even at top level I think some players will be able to beat him this year, specially Lin Dan and a "new" improved Gade

16. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

you cant say you are unbeatable ever even though you are on you top
    no one can give that guarantee, esp in the sports field
    everthing is possible

well, maybe the wc taufik's win have a little "luck" which he admitted himself, you can say lindan didnt play his best or the wind, A/C,and so on which affect the match more or less...
    but taufik is definitely the best at the moment
    dont want to repeat many said here, just want to say i expect the competition between the players anyway
    it is an amazing thing to have a dominate, nevertheless, it must be more active while all types of players can display in the stage

17. Darth Andrianus

Student
    Taufik press conference

Hey there, check out this website, there is an article about Taufik's press conference after the WC final:

http://sports.163.com/special/c/000...inamasters.html

While my chinese is not great, I will translate it as best as I can:

At the moment of his WC final victory, Indonesian wonderboy Taufik Hidayat knelt on the ground and thanked the heavens, he walked up to the net and hugged Lin Dan tightly for a moment. "After so many years, the fact that I won this easily, it was unbelievable"

"The Lin Dan of the Semi-finals and the Lin Dan of the Final are two completely different people", Taufik pointed out. "I was able to easily move him around and control the match. I originally had prepared a few possible tactics/strategies to use against him. I have learnt a few things about Lin Dan after my defeat at the Sudirman Cup Final which I used successfully at the Singapore Open against him. He is a very fast player, but my playing style is not that energy-consuming. Prolonging the match will increase my chances of victory. From the beginning of the match, I did not change my tactic at all and I was already leading 13-0."

However, it cannot be said that the draft had no influence on Taufik's games. He kept saying that whoever won this Championship is not necessarily of the highest capability, but maybe the one with the most luck. "The draft is too difficult to predict, and I never think too much about something which I cannot predict. From the beginning of the tournament I have asked a few of my teammates and they said the draft is different for every court and it changes with time as well. Because of this, I stopped thinking about it. I think Lin Dan thought too much about it."

"I am very excited and this is very rare (winning WC and Olympics), but now I really want to win the All England, because I have never won there before." All England was where Taufik first became famous. But for the two times he participated, he only got to the Final, no wonder he is still not willing to give up his dream. But now that he has already won what many badminton players have always wanted, Taufik also said while this is a driving force, this is also a form of pressure. "Now that I have attained what I wanted, maybe this is the right time to retire". When he saw the reporters looking blank, he said: "Just kidding, my aim is the Beijing Olympics. No one has ever won consecutive Gold Medals in Men's Singles, I could make history again. But until then, every tournament is a very important experience. This is why after winning the WC, I am going back to prepare for Indonesia Open."

When asked about who his most formidable opponent is in the Chinese team, Taufik mentioned Lin Dan without hesitation. "Beating him easily today doesn't mean anything. This is not the real Lin Dan. Once he has more experience, he will be more mature." He was immediately drawing parallels between himself and Lin Dan. "I was top-seeded in the 200 Olympics, but I only started having real results in the Asian Games two years later. The time difference between my winning the Olympics and the last time I became World No. 1 was already four years. Lin Dan is also going down the same road. But if he wants to win the Beijing Olympics, he will have to get by me, though."

"Xiao Bao (Bao Chunlai) is really unlucky, he didn't get to play against me. People say he is the right person to beat me, but that is simply because of his good record against me. Right now, beating him should be an easy thing for me." When mentioning the Chinese Men's Singles players, he did not mention Chen Hong. The latter's poor record against him did not interest him.

Lin Dan said that he hoped the Team would give him a holiday after winning the Men's Singles, but after Taufik won it, he also gets the same wish fulfilled - a holiday! He plans to stay in America one week longer and travel to San Francisco and Seattle. However, he will not be travelling with his girlfriend Gumelar (Ami), but with good friend and teammate Limpele.

18. slamdunk

slamdunk New Member

I AGREE WIF UR TALKS.I'M OSO TAUFIK'S FAN TAT WL ALWAYS SUPPORT HIM.HE IS THE BEST PLAYER I EVER SEEN.MAYB HE IS MORE BETTER TAHN LIN DAN N I THINK TAT HE WIL AT THE TOP RANKING.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Darth,
    Interesting article/and good effort in translation..
    if you don't mind me adding a few more tidbits/infos and insights to this article, i appreciate it.

Before i start, i just want to say to a certain degree some of the content is correct but some are maybe a bit *exaggerated* or not true. Again, i'm assuming the interview was taken *during* the Media Press conference, not separate interviews as i don't recall that took place. Taufik however was asked a couple questions off-to-the side by a news reporter, right after the end of the PM conference..
    I can say this because i was there at the Press Media conference, as the translator for Taufik, and there was another gentleman(Mr. Lei, who was translating for LinDan) who was translating what i said back into Mandarin. So, maybe a bit of mis-understanding and mis-catch and a bit exaggerating here and there of the wordings(which i admit it could happen, as i also am guilty of in a couple or so occasions, well most of the translators)... :p :eek:

Anyways..here it is..

This particular translation part, it's pretty correct, Taufik kind of said that..

Well, as far as i remember, Taufik only said he thought LinDan didn't play well and he was suprised he didn't get any challenge which he expected LinDan to provide. He didn't believe LinDan would've played this "bad". Asking himself "is this the real LinDan or not"..Yes, Taufik mentioned that he learned more about LinDan after the SC, but with his win against LinDan at the S'pore Open, he was more confident playing against LinDan. He said LinDan is a "tough" opponent no matter what, but he was ready to play against him..Don't recall anything about "his playing style is not that energy-consuming and prolonging the match will increase my chance of victory"..

Taufik(as well as other players) have mentioned this quite a few times. However, he never said "whoever wins this WC will maybe be the one with the most luck". Yes, he said the AC draft was a big factor, but it could be anyone's game/match and he was able to take advantage of the draft. I don't recall him saying that he asked his teammates about the draft etc.

Most of the translation in this part is pretty correct. However, i don't recall Taufik mentioning anything about "planning to retire soon". He just said, he was glad and happy to become the 1st ever player to win the Olympics as well as the WC, which is not easy to accomplish. He said his next "big" goal after this is the AE2006, which he was planning to participate earlier this year, but due to injury he wasn't able to..And no, he never mentioned anything about competing and winning in the 2008 Olympics. His next tournament that he is preparing for is the Indonesian Open then the AE..

What Taufik said about LinDan is pretty correct in this translation part. However, he never mentioned anything about comparing himself to LinDan and vice versa, and how "he was the top seed in the 2000 Olympics(just like LinDan was last year) and didn't see real results until the Asian Games". Nor did he mentioned anything about "if LinDan wants to win the Beijing Olympics, he will have to get by me, though"..

This particular translation part is not correct. No, Taufik never said anything about "BaoCL being unlucky and wasn't able to play against him and he was the right person to beat me. And beating him should be an easy thing for me". Nor did he say anything about ChenHong or their records head to head..

This translation is a bit confusing and not correct. As far as i remember, Taufik never mentioned anything about whether he plans to stay in U.S. more or not. Taufik never went away for another week of vacation. As a matter of fact, Taufik(and Ami) and the rest of the Indonesian players and coaches left the U.S. last Monday Aug. 22nd together. I have pictures of them at the airport on another thread/post. And also there are reports of the Indonesian govt. officials as well as President welcoming them back.

OK, hope this'll add a bit more insights. Maybe some of the quotes came from Taufik himself speaking to a separate interview to another reporter. But for sure, those are what i heard from him and his reply. Hmm, wish if i can get a copy of the Press Media conference so i can replay back..oh well :rolleyes: :p

#79 ctjcad, Aug 30, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  20. Darth Andrianus

Student
    Lost in translation

Hello there, you were the translator for Taufik? That is so cool! Anyway, thank you very much for your insight, now I feel very cheated. This indeed took place during the Press Media Conference and I actually read about it on this website:

http://sports.163.com/special/c/000...inamasters.html

I was so fascinated by it that I thought I should do a direct translation for everyone. I didn't think some parts of the content would be exagerrated or completely untrue although the chinese media may have their own reasons for doing so...