Yonex ASTROX 77 (2017)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Aug 2, 2017.

1. guantou

guantou Regular Member

looks similar to tk onigiri

2. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

almost same color with astrox 99?

3. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Yeah. Somewhat more on the redder side than the orange colored Astrox 99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Freshmeat

Freshmeat New Member

I play mainly doubles and have used arc11 (bg80@26/27) as my main for over a year...it's good but I found the power a bit lacking..
    I tried the 88d and 88s but it feel weird .... couldn't get much power out of it (maybe too stiff for me) so I sold it.

Just tried my friend's astrox 77 4u (66um@25) Blue.. Boy do I love it!!
    It's very easy to get into unlike the 88s/d ...It feels a bit like arc 11 but with a lot more power.
    It feels very strange..feels light compared with my arc 11 when I swing it (probably cause I am used to 3u)
    The smash is really easy and pack quite a punch even at 4u.. There's this instantaneous power that I found intoxicating...I keep wanting to whack the crap out of every shot...

Defense for me has improved it's just feel easy to swing. Drops are ok ..although I haven't quite the hang of net shots... Only thing is it seems less accurate than my arc11....but I probably haven't played enough... I am definitely getting myself one.

Anyway just want to share my 2c.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  5. Freshmeat

Freshmeat New Member

So I got myself an ax77 4u blue (66um@25) same as my friends. Played with it for about a week..
    I am finding this racket is a little wild ....the 4u somehow got more power than my 3u Arc11,..but that extra flex and head heaviness really messes with my control. probably need more time to tame it.. On the plus side my elbow pain seems to have disappeared... Also .. had an accidental collision on the day i got the racket :confused: .. my partner's racket crumbled and deformed horribly.:eek: i was thinking OMG.. but when I take a look - not a scratch!!:p whatever they put in this racket is awesomely strong :)

6. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Well, I don't agree, or I might have been very unlucky. I had a blue 4U AX77. It cracked just because my string broke off center. I had 32 lbs in it though. And it definitely less power than my other rackets, like DZS, SW35.

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i would say its relative to each player strength. To gain an optimal power on shot you need to sync your swing speed with the shaft snap back when flexing (& to add makes it more complicated you also need to synch with your string bouncyness). For weaker player more flex will provide them better power but for stronger player, flex shaft will still bending when the hit happen thus wont give any power or in case the shaft still bending backward the player power getting absorbed.

BalajiSethuraman and visor like this.
  8. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

anyone who owns AX77 4U and 88D 4U? are they the same weight?

9. Bigbag

Bigbag Regular Member

Astrox 77 vs Astrox 77

10. Freshmeat

Freshmeat New Member

Well I just want to report after the last 3 month of use, I ended up switching back to my trusty arc 11 as my game has gotten worst with ax77 ..it is just a bit too wild for me.. the shot control is just not there at times (i think its' the extra flex). The boost in power is just not worth it IMHO over the laser precision of Arc11. Anyway just my 2c.

Cheung likes this.
  11. dvanio

dvanio Regular Member

this racket very popular now among Chinese woman players...