Tell me about Zhao Jian Hua

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by belfastnole, Apr 16, 2004.

1. viver

viver Regular Member

I would say, Zhao Jianhua was a more free-flowing type of player and a post 2008 Lin Dan a more tactically disciplined player.
    Zhao Jianhua after recovering from his illness was reintegrated into the national team. According to a coach linked to the Chinese team then, said that Zhao Jianhua did not do full training as a precaution, he practiced for an 1H and that if he felt well. It's an exceptional player still able to play at the highest level given the circumstances.
    China was also "paranoid" after Zhao's issue, Yang Yang's health was also watched closely. He was off for sometime1984 or 1985?? from international tournaments and when reappeared, he looked a bit overweight and as I remember he lost the final to Icuk Sugiarto.

mehmeh, Justin L and Cheung like this.
  2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

As far as I remember, his name skyrocketed for the first time when bagged All England 1985 MS crown, beat top-seed and strong fave Morten Frost Hansen in final then hiatus until Thomas Cup 1988 when CHN was star-studded and invincible at that time with trio Yang Yang-Xiong GB-Zhao JH.

3. viver

viver Regular Member

Apologies, I was not clear in my writing - I was referring to Yang Yang who was playing very well at the time following the absence of Zhao Jianhua. Yang Yang disappeared from the international scene for some time and the rumor was that China was concerned with Yang Yang's health too, so he was pulled out of the competitions for some time to allow him to rest.