1972 Munich Olympics First Badminton Demonstration Malaysian coin

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by SkimpyLimpy, Jun 23, 2021.

1. SkimpyLimpy

SkimpyLimpy New Member

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have recently purchased a peice of Olympic Badminton History to resell and have been down a rabbit hole trying to find some further information about the item.

I beleive it to be a commerative medal issued by Malaysia to celebrate Badminton being demonstrated for the first time at the Olympic games in 1972. The only other example I can find is in a museum in the Avery Brundage collection at Spurlock in America. This leads me to beleive these were not available for public purchase and that they were issued to either officials, players or both. I could be wrong on this point but am struggling to confirm. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently getting the coin tested by XRF machine for its gold content, again unsure if solid gold or not.

Please find attached some images any help identifying the history behind this coin would really help. Again if anyone is interested in purchasing the coin please feel free to reply here or message me.

Attached Files:

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Wrong thread dude