Abroz Nano 9900 Power vs Apacs Blend Duo 88

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Abdullah Sourav, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Abdullah Sourav

Abdullah Sourav New Member

Abroz Nano 9900 Power and Apacs Blend Duo 88 are the two budget-friendly all-round racket highly recommended by Badminton Racket Review. I was wondering if anyone got any experience with them. How do they compare? As a brand, which one got the upper hand?

2. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I have the Blend Duo 88 and I bought mine due the rave reviews from that website.

What I liked:
    It's fast, not surprising due to the weight. Good sweet spot. The combination of head heavy and light weight works well in front court play. The price.

What was meh:
    Build quality, grommets, colour/design, the two sided frame.

What I didn't like:
    It's shorter than the average racket. It has a thicker than average shaft. The combination of there 2 characteristics makes it feels stiffer than it should. Even tho it is a head heavy racket, the flex point feels like it's lower than it should be, thus you miss out on the whip you usually get from a head heavy racket such a a ZF2. Every time I was at the back court with this racket I wished I was using something better. Don't bother using this for singles.

Conclusion:
    It's a niche racket that will take time to get used to, be prepared to adjust your timing. I'm sure if you practice with it you could get more out of it (like with any racket), but I didn't bother. Good for front court, bad for back court, good price/value, personality didn't like it.

#2 michael5098, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I agree 100%. It's great for deception. Oddly I know somebody who uses it for everything including singles and he can smash hard with it.

4. Abdullah Sourav

Abdullah Sourav New Member

Here is the final observation- It's really not a good idea to play single with Abroz Nano 9900. Clearing while moving backward direction is really hard with this one. However, if you are playing double and defend a lot then it's very good.

5. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

I have Abroz nano 9900 , Abroz Venom and Apacs Blend Duo 88. If you can't clear with the Abroz 9900 you will propabably can't clear with a lot of rackets.

ckhh likes this.
  6. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Out of those three rackets, which is better at swing speed, smash, clear?

7. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Better swing speed = Abroz Venom but sweet spot is small and if you are not in the center you loose a part off the power
    Smash speed = Abroz nano 9900
    Apacs is also good at smash but sweet spot is small and the racket is a little sluggish
    Clear the 3 rackets are ok.
    For me the Abroz nano 9900 is the best off the 3 because the sweet spot is really nice so 9/10 you can hit a very good smash, drop shot and play at the net are also very nice.

ckhh and Iwan Pandin like this.
  8. BadassBadminton

BadassBadminton New Member

I bought and tried Nano power 9900. What an awesome racket. Repulsion is off the charts and all shots from back court are so easy. I was playing with Astrox 88D for a year so with my backhand being or sometimes being late to the shot I would only have time to tap the shuttle. I did the same with this racket and shuttle actually went out of the back line.....amazing power. I won so many points on my smashes which I usually never do with same players.
    What totally blew my mind was the control aspect of it. It has to be the Abroz string but I am not sure.....I was able to play delicate shots right at the net without the fear of lobbing the shuttle too high. It was easy and effortless.

I don't have experience with too many rackets.....just the Astrox 88D and Apacs Edgesaber 10. This racket is going to be my go to racket for foreseeable future.
    The flexible shaft does require some adjustment in terms of timing but I was up and running within an hour. Just wanted to leave feedback because there are so few reviews of this racket.

9. BadassBadminton

And clearing with this racket is such a breeze. I actually had the reverse problem. I had to tone down the power to avoid hitting the shuttle out.

10. Iwan Pandin

What string tension do you use on 88D and nano power 9900?

11. BadassBadminton

88D 24lbs Lining No 1
    Nano power came prestrung with 23/24 lbs Abroz string.

12. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    Found the Abroz Nano 9900 an awful racket. Far too flexible so control felt bad. It really feels slow through the air and not as quick to manoeuvre. It's smash isn't great either, too light perhaps even though it felt heavier in the hand than I thought it would. I didn't think it was even easy to use because of it's sluggish nature despite the large sweetspot. Only thing that felt decent was the clears. I wish I had a better experience with it, and I did have far higher hopes of it and think maybe it's something I'm doing wrong since I've seen good reviews of this racket. But I can't understand what is good about this racket. It's funny as I actually find the Abroz Venom easier to use than this despite the smaller sweetspot, though even that felt a little too flexible too that I was struggling to control/time my smash and play at the net.

I'd like to play better with these rackets tbh. The venom especially sometimes I can pull off really hard smashes out of that and it is quick, it has potential. But I can't really seem to gel with them, particularly the nano 9900. I'm not even someone who's used to stiff rackets, I'm more medium stiff rackets anyway.

13. Iwan Pandin

What racket that you usually use before this Abroz?

14. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    Voltric 7, nanoray 750

15. BadassBadminton

To be honest, Abroz Nano 9900 does take some time to get used to. My timing is off quite a bit with it so it requires adjustment. Maybe its because I am used to the stiff 88D. But overall its a great racket for me. My game improved in all aspects vs 88D. Yes, accuracy and precision was better with 88D but I would take that tradeoff for the awesome speed/defense capability and repulsion. My shoulders is definitely liking the racket as it doesn't hurt anymore.

16. Nguyễn Pho

Nguyễn Pho New Member

I too know someone who unleashes thundering smashes with Blend Duo 88..