who is the most polite player??

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by sweetluv, Aug 25, 2005.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I 2nd to that wholeheartedly

2. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yep, thats her nickname:D
    i wonder why they didnt call her at the show, or maybe they did and i just missed it since i only watched it halfway to the end
    wow, jumpingsmash, really? but maybe he was tired, or,,,,,,,well, we know that there is no long lost love between taufik and paparazzi, lol:D

3. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    me too, i havent posted my 'most polite players' yet right? so it would be him and tony g

4. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

pretty much everyone is nice if u catch them at the right time

everyone is polite if u really catch them at the right time..during the WCs i met a ton of players which included:
    lin dan
    zhou mi (<--hilarious lady)
    chen hong
    taufik
    candra
    sigit
    jonas R
    peter gade
    lee chong wei
    kkk
    fu hai feng
    and the list goes on.

every single player in this list that i met was very nice...many even gave me there contact info :D to call them the next time im in there country to hang out. like ants always says...just "treat them like they are normal ppl" and catch them when they seem to want to be approached...haha

5. Jay Scott

Jay Scott Regular Member

Student
    Who is the most im-polite

Well it's nice to see who we think is the most polite player, but who do we think is the most impolite and down right rude player?
    I would have to say, after reading a few threads on this site that Taufik definately isn't affraid to speak his mind!
    Who do you think?

6. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

Sonny Dwi Kuncoro

Got a chance to talk at length with Sonny at the WC...(he was hanging around the Pond every day and night eventhough he lost to Gade way back on Thursday)... he was "kentel" with the other players from Surabaya like Luluk and Alven.

Sonny was super nice and very candid. He speaks very softly and in a high-pitched voice. He's very shy, though; he would rarely look at you while he's speaking. Overall a great guy...very down to earth. I hope he will become the next Taufik (as far as on-the court achievement...not the tantrums).

I'll write about Taufik, and others in another message.

7. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

Taufik

I wouldn't say that Taufik is im-polite. Like a lot of Indonesians, they tend to be shy around strangers. The few times that I get to talk to him, he was very polite and very accessible (i.e. he didn't glare at me with a 'how dare you talk to me' kind of look). He always was willing to sign autographs, etc. But, I noticed during the WC05 that later in the week he started to shorten his autograph since there were more and more people asking for it.

You have to understand too that Taufik or Lin Dan gets mobbed more than the other players, so it may become more of an imposition on them. If you're a new or unnoticed player, getting a fan asking an autograph is an ego-boost and you're happy to comply, but if you're a superstar who can't go anywhere without being mobbed by fans, it might get annoying after a while.

8. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

Tony G

I can attest that Tony is very down-to-earth and polite. Would never rush away from fans, and treated me and my sister like we were friends, even though we never met before (just because my sister lives in Fullerton,CA too). He was apologizing for having to move on (..to do a press interview). His wife (Etty) was really nice and cute too.

9. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

Badminton players are nicer than other sports stars

I've gone to tennis, golf, basketball, baseball, and badminton tournaments/matches. I have to say that badminton players are the nicest, most down-to-earth of the bunch. They're so accessible and wouldn't think twice about mingling with the fans.

I never experienced that with stars of other sports.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

mrs. kuncoro,
    Sony's voice sounded normal. But def. a not talkative person, just reserved like the other players, tend to go by himself, if not hang around Luluk and Alven, who are roughly the same age as him. Maybe he felt a bit "intimidated" with people he's not familiar with at first, esp. in foreign land, but once he gets to know you more, he's alright. From what i heard him talking and myself talking to him, he likes to talk about many things/topics. Of course, he preferred speaking in Indo rather than in English. Basically everything that rudytjip described below is close enough lah to Sony.
    Again, i don't "love" him like you said(hehe :p), but he's alright & a nice guy.
    Try meeting him in person next time yourself and you'll find out yourself..;).

#50 ctjcad, Aug 26, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  11. Arief

Arief Regular Member

wah... quite surprised to see Taufik answered a question like that... but I guess he's just fed up with infotainment reporter who keep making gossip about him..
    btw, my vote goes to Peter Gade. besides polite, he's very tolerant also... during aviva open, he reminded fans who wanted to take pic with him not to use flash, since there are other people playing..

12. y0ng

y0ng Regular Member

Engineer
    Yap, definitely Sigit. He offered my wife his seat while we were eating in Hardrock Jakarta.

13. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

count rexy mainaky in if ex player counts. he is very polite. not that ihave met him but i,ve read some posts in the past and seen him in tv for quite a bit. in Indonesia, rexy has some reputation as a polite man.

14. Mrs Kuncoro

Mrs Kuncoro Regular Member

gee thx alot for the info
    he seems like that kind of person , kinda soft spoken and reserved
    bless him , i gess me and him have something in commin , sometimes i cant look up at people in the eyes while i am talking to him or look at them

but i am heartbroken coz i think he has a girlfriend :crying: :crying: :crying:

15. Mrs Kuncoro

Mrs Kuncoro Regular Member

thanx alot for the info
    i really appreciat it
    he looks like a really quite type aaaaw bless him hehehehe
    i wonder what his girlfriend is like?:confused: :confused: :confused: :crying: :crying: :crying:

16. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

how come no one mentioned the koreans and japanese! i think they are very polite! the jap even bowed to me when i asked them for autograph. very polite! lee hyo jung too!

17. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

zhou mi<~~~~~#1

18. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

[​IMG] pretty much everyone is nice if u catch them at the right time
    everyone is polite if u really catch them at the right time..during the WCs i met a ton of players which included:
    lin dan
    zhou mi (<--hilarious lady)
    chen hong
    taufik
    candra
    sigit
    jonas R
    peter gade
    lee chong wei
    kkk
    fu hai feng
    and the list goes on.

every single player in this list that i met was very nice...many even gave me there contact info :D to call them the next time im in there country to hang out. like ants always says...just "treat them like they are normal ppl" and catch them when they seem to want to be approached...haha

zhou mi....she was being nice to u coz u were one of the liason officer...

for me...i think she was rude......ignoring ppl was trying to talk 2 her and tried to hv pics with her

19. McJonas

McJonas Regular Member

Not u think that it where at himself and not Taufik and allso it is very unlike him, becaurse he is really the nicest guy in the world. He and Taufik get along very well so I dont think that u should jugde him on something u heard juring a game rather base youre impression on a personal meeting with him....:confused:

20. legendarycroc

legendarycroc Regular Member

school
    Sorry? I didnt get the first sentence...:confused: