Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Ffly

Ffly Regular Member

Just bought the green tontowi one for 50% off (100€).

I contemplated the tc75 a year ago but it was not available in the store I visited. But with that sale online, I just thought why not :)

I started with the 88D 4U, it's very quick, quite even-balanced actually but missing some punch so I went with an astrox 99 4u.
    That was the total opposite, it felt like a sledgehammer in comparison to the 88D and unplayable in doubles. I traded it for an 88S 3u instead which is what I'm currently using.

Hoping that the tc75 will fill that gap inbetween 88D 4u and 88S 3u with some head-heaviness (but not like the 99 or ZF1), the maneuverability of a 88D or S (with its frame shape) and packing more punch than the 88S 3u (with the more flexible shaft)

I'll should receive it this week and review it after a few games

Quick edit : in hand but not played yet, the head-heaviness is definitely there (n9ii > 88S 3u > 88D 4u). However it swings faster (88D 4u > n9ii > 88S 3u) which is kinda disorienting. The shaft is actually much more flexible than I expected (I would qualify it as more flex than medium), very far from the 88 range

#1501 Ffly, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  2. Ffly

Ffly Regular Member

Ok, as reviewed in this thread, this racket is indeed really powerful.

The flex shaft allows for easy access to power and honestly, I could see myself recommending this racket even to a beginner with how it behaves.

I didn't have any issue with mistiming, though the racket swings a bit faster than my 88S 3U. The only weak point i'd say is the reactivity of the shaft in front play, I sometimes find it a bit lagging behind compared to a stiff shaft like the 88S/D. I suppose I can adapt to that by changing my timing a little bit.

As for drops, they are a little less precise, again because of the shaft, but I will up my tension a bit to compensate.

Less vibration felt when smashing, more "whip". That's exactly what I was looking for as an alternative to the 88S (in their respective brand matrix, they are located at the exact same spot, I'd put the N9II more on the flex than stiff side.)

All in all, going from a 88S 3U to N9II was very easy and I think I'll take it as my main racket from now as it's easier to play.

Ranking my rackets:
    Stiffness: 88D 4u > 88S 3u > N9II
    Head-heaviness feeling: N9II > 88S 3u > 88D 4u
    Swing speed: 88D 4u > N9II > 88S 3u
    Power: N9II > 88S 3u > 88D 4u
    Reactivity: 88D 4u > 88S 3u > N9II

Woesi, Sumanth99 and s_mair like this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I still have my N9II in the bag and to me, it can easily keep up with the latest high-end rackets out there. Mainly because it is so easy to use to access power with it. The flex behaviour is just about perfect in that department. And still, it is very stable in terms of rotational movements of the head in the T-joint and shaft and hence offers great precision and consistency. Still my favourite wheapon of choice when I feel that my wrist and forearm start to feel a little strained from using stiffer rackets before.

I fully agree that it's not the best if you are mainly a front court killer. There you need a stiffer racket that provides a faster recovery. Although the biggest impact there still has a proper racket carriage. ;)

4. boby

boby Regular Member

many ppl agree with the whippy feeling is have a good and bad side, so there's still many new racket comes to the market with this medium stiffness.

why not many comes with sharp frames recently?

5. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Hello. Does this LI-NING N9II make the same "air cut"sound like the Bravesword series when swing fast?

6. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Which new rackets comes with sharp frames? Thank You

7. HenryY

HenryY Regular Member

Hello s6edge, no the N9ii does not make that air cutting sound like the bravesword. In fact I still haven't really found another racket that does the air cutting sound like the bravesword. Will try the auraspeed 90S which should be the closest to the bravesword next to see.

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

:confused:why would you care for sound.
    Care more for performance
    How fast it swing through the air
    How was the stiffness
    How much swing weight it had
    How repulsive the frame
    How stable the frame

9. asdqwe5

asdqwe5 New Member

Hi can anyone compare the turbocharging 75/N9ii with the axforce 80? Is axforce 80 all round upgrade to the N9ii?

10. Vellawolf

Vellawolf Regular Member

Hey guys, has anyone used the TC75EX or TC75C ?? Do they all have the same exact specs as N9II/TC75 ???

11. Ffly

Ffly Regular Member

TC75EX is the same as TC75

TC75C is a stiffer more head heavy version of TC75

Vellawolf likes this.
  12. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I knew I will once again be playing with my N9II, as I had received the Tourna grips yesterday( they are damn rough with even sweaty palms, can work as a mechanical skin exfoliator):p, applied it to my N9II and was practising the sweet spot.

As I am used to stiffer shafts by now, it felt like breeze of fresh air where I didn’t have to worry much about technique( makes my play stiffer) and just feel light and relaxed, due to which I felt my game was better than usual today, was retrieving so much more.

And even though having a higher swing weight than the 88D, it was still so much faster that I couldn’t believe during the initial points, as it has been so long since I last played with it, tells me one can never estimate the feel only based on numbers.

I personally felt very sad, when Li Ning dropped the TC series, as I dont think they have any aero frames in their lineup right now iirc.They just had to make a compact head N9II.

ucantseeme likes this.
  13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I feel this. With the discontinued TC series I also feel quite lost. I still have 4 N7II but if they will be gone I have no clue what racket should replace it. There is nothing like that in the market from the big 3.

14. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Trust me I have had that dilemma too.
    I had my first session with the TKFE 4U today and my initial impressions so far, it is the second racquet after my N7II that I was able to click with immediately. It has been quite some time since I last played with my N7II, but I can say for sure, the TKFE is pretty similar in stiffness or just ever so slightly stiffer but not any where near my 88D(OG) stiffness. Swings faster too than my 88D 4U and less head heavy close to an even balance like the N7II. Strung weights total- 85.4g, head- 39.9g. If you know someone who plays with it, just give it a try. For me it was a delight to play with today.

#1514 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 7, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    ucantseeme likes this.
  15. Vellawolf

Vellawolf Regular Member

I got a chance to hit a few shots and did not like it compared to N9II. I will ask again to try and hit for a longer duration to get better feel of it.

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Thanks for the hint. :)

Actually I don't know somebody who owns the TKFE. I live in Yonex landscape. ;)

The main struggle I have is that my N7IIs are head weight wise around 41.3g wet. Nearly all 3U turn out above 42g or too low (if headlight like Blade X) and 4U mostly at 40g or below in terms of head weight. I also like the flex of this racket. Anything else in the market like a head heavy 4U seems to be too stiff for me, and the headlight 3U as well. I'm also quite sensitive to the grip size (smaller is better) and length (longer is better) and only want to buy local and new. I tried a few 4U rackets and they turned out too light for me. I'm also very picky with the pattern. Even at Li-Ning it seems they don't have a real replacement. I just need to be patient and wait. :D

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  17. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Till then maybe restock with TC70 whenever needed, that too would be very limited in availability.