Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

VA tactical gameplan always poses the most difficult foe for for him, he's only 80% recovered yet at Tokyo OG.

His quality shots troubling LGZ mostly, National Games gold medal is very precious for him to boost his confidence prior to two major team events when he'll be the leading man for the first time in the absence of Chen Long. He was really tired in mid second game, if Lu GZ could played smarter enough and forcing rubber games probably the result will be different.

Justin L likes this.
  2. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

tbgoh288 likes this.
  3. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Interesting article. Now ,who is this girl, 覃惠芷, 13 years younger than Lu Kai who partnered him to win the XD title in the national championship in May this year? Lu Kai is 28 ,that will make her only 15 years old. How is 覃 pronounced, Tan or Qin? Can anyone enlighten, please?

LGP's retirement comes as no surprise to me as he is finding it difficult to play against younger players, Lei lanxi, Weng Hongyan, Li Shifeng and even Liu Liang. How is he going to win a berth to Paris especially when there is no sign that the pandemic will end anytime soon?

I personally think that Han Cheng Kai shouldn't retire so soon. He is only 23 and he didn't play that badly in the National Games.

Justin L likes this.
  4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hard fate, LGP level of play is trailing behind those younger compatriots, let alone his junior peer SYQ.
    Looks like Li SF and Weng HY will be promoted next to enter A-list players but unfortunately their low ranking will delay international appearance at the moment as too many cancelled tournaments since 2020 and also 2021 as well.

5. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

#3506 tbgoh288, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

7. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Without chen long, china has lesser chances in thomas cup

8. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

China wil be having troubles in thomus cup 2022. Only one reliable doubles pair and without chen long mens singles department also so weak.

9. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Has China even posted their lineups for Thomas & Uber Cups yet?

10. Kenvictus83

Kenvictus83 New Member

Is Chen Long hinting at “retirement” after loss to Shi Yu Qi? I published the story here and want to know what you guys think.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As I've linked in my post #3469 above, Chen Long is not quitting badminton yet, he's just taking a break and will be back for the Asian Games next year.

Yes, the big blood blister on his left foot during the Tokyo Olympics affected his performance in the gold medal match with VA, and the cumulative fatigue over more than 10 consecutive days of the China National Games, both team and individual events, held so soon after the Olympics has taken a toll on him physically and mentally.

Even Shi Yuqi expressed he felt Chen Long looked tired and not moving very well in their semifinal MS encounter. Chen Long himself, age 32 now, also admitted his rate of recovery is not that good as before.

12. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Thomas Cup: Shi Yuqi, Lu Guangzu, Li Shifeng, Gu Junfeng, Weng Hongyang, He Jiting, Tan Qiang, Di Zijian, Wang Chang, Zhou Haodong, Liu Cheng, Wang Yilyu

Uber Cup: Chen Yufei, He Bingjiao, Wang Zhiyi, Han Yue, Han Qianxi, Chen Qingchen, Jia Yifan, Huang Dongping, Li Wenmei, Zheng Yu, Liu Xuanxuan, Xia Yuting

13. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Li YinHui is not in the SC and UC squad. Has she retired? Or taking a break like the rest.

Han Qianxi is an interesting choice. I half expect Tan Ning to be included. I guess that’s the end of Cai Yanyan and Gao Fangjie.

Also surprised that Feng Yanzhe is excluded. Huang Yuxiang, Zhang Nan and Zheng Siwei could have been included to give experience and stability. As such, China looks really vulnerable in the Thomas Cup. May not get past India in the group stage,

14. RedShuttle

I want to see Liang WeiKeng and Keng ShuLiang. Hope they will get their chance soon.

15. RedShuttle

tbgoh288 and Justin L like this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The 2021 China Sudirman Cup squad
    https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2021-09-22/doc-iktzqtyt7372908.shtml

中国队苏杯阵容

男选手:冯彦哲、何济霆、李诗沣、刘成、陆光祖、石宇奇、谭强、王懿律、周昊东

女选手:陈雨菲、何冰娇、王祉怡、陈清晨、贾一凡、李汶妹、郑雨、刘玄炫、夏玉婷、杜玥、黄东萍

China Sudirman Cup squad

Male players: Feng Yanzhe, He Jiting, Li Shifeng, Liu Cheng, Lu Guangzu, Shi Yuqi, Tan Qiang, Wang Yilu, Zhou Haodong

Female players: Chen Yufei, He Bingjiao, Zhiyi Wang, Chen Qingchen, Jia Yifan, Li Wenmei, Zheng Yu, Liu Xuanxuan, Xia Yuting, Du Yue, Huang Dongping

This year's Sudirman Cup will be held from September 26 to October 3 in Vantaa, Finland. Only China, Japan, Indonesia, Chinese Taipei and other 16 teams will enter the final through the continental level and world ranking competitions. They will be divided into four groups for contest, and the top 2 in each group will advance to the quarterfinals. The quarter-finalists will be re-drawn for the elimination stage until the champion is determined.
    The national lineup is all about training young players. Chen Long, Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong, Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen, Han Chengkai, Li Yinhui, these seven major players will not compete. Feng Yanzhe, Li Shifeng, Liu Xuanxuan and Xia Yuting were selected for the first time in the Sudirman Cup.

[​IMG]
    Can you recognise them ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Li Shifeng, the first junior "general" of the Sudirman Cup, said on his micro blog: "Safely arrived in Finland, ha ha. I haven't been out on such a long journey for a long time, still not getting used to it. Sudirman Cup, come on!

[​IMG]
    Di Zijian: Arrived safely! Go all out for the coming battles! I wish you all a happy Mid-Autumn Festival.

[​IMG]
    Xia Yuting (which one?): Come on, Team China !

#3517 Justin L, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

IMO, IMHO, Lin Dan could help China by playing MS2

18. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I wish Liu Yuchen and Li Junhui were still competing for the Sudirman Cup. I hope their absence is temporary and they will be back for more tournaments later. Honestly they're still pretty young,compared to other pairs like Kevin/Gideon and Ahsan/Hendra,but I guess China has a lot of other younger MD players that they want to push. I'm guessing if there was also another younger and more capable MS player,Shi Yuqi would also not have been selected as well considering his injuries and tbh his past performance and achievements is probably just on par with Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen,but it doesn't look there is,which I guess is lucky for him.

Also does anybody know what happened to Fan Qiuyue? I saw him compete at junior tournaments with the rest of China's junior players. A lot of his junior teammates are still around and have transitioned to the senior squad but it seems he has just disappeared.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

19. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Shi Yuqi just won the national championship, him not being selected would be hard to imagine.