88s vs 88dpro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DF123666, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

Well it really depends on which side of my personality you ask ;)

I bought the 88D Pro because I wanted a new toy and hoped for some more power at the backcourt and in the smashes - I got that, but lost some speed.

Whether you should buy the new 88D Pro really depends on whether you need a new racket? If you have to buy a new racket anyway, I would choose the 88D Pro over the original 88S.
    But if you have a 88S you like, and want to save the money - spend the time working on your smash :)

I would never recommend anyone to change from a perfectly fine 88S if they like it to a 88D Pro - unless the 88S breaks.

TL;DR: Save the money and keep the 88S

2. DF123666

DF123666 New Member

Nah that wasn't too long, I enjoyed the reading ;)
    I borrowed the 88s from my friend and played it for a while. I don't have one myself. When I was playing last night, sometimes my smashes were way too flat and my opponent could easily return them with cross drives. I was a bit frustrated but that was because of the technique, not the racket. I'm getting a new racket because my 3u BS11 is too heavy for doubles. If I had one 88s, I wouldn't consider getting a new racket. Maybe new shoes since the asics blast ff2 look amazing :cool:

3. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

In that case, I would properly recommend the 88d Pro. I have some difficulty with it - but that is due to me being very comfortable with the 88S.
    But if you don't have the preference the 88D Pro would be a better overall racket - in my opinion!

DF123666 likes this.
  4. DF123666

DF123666 New Member

Thx! I had the chance to try the 88dp last weekend. I instantly felt that the head is heavier than the 88s. It was strung at 28lbs so I couldn't handle it at all... So that didn't help me much make the decision :confused:

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

why dont you buy it yourself, string it with your preference string & tension.
    At worst if you didnt like it, you could sell it. Afterall its Yonex... Everyone want Yonex & 88D Pro still a hot dish here & many would love to had one for abit cheaper price.

6. DF123666

DF123666 New Member

Not in Germany tho. It's kinda hard to sell an used rackets here. Honestly if the budget wasn't an issue, I would just get them both. I can't really afford it right now and also to lose a bit on the used one. :confused: