TotalEnergies BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2021 - Group Stage Matches (26-30 September)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 25, 2021.

1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

So, Taipei will meet Japan tomorrow. I think that Japan should save Momota's energy by sending Nishimoto to face Chou Tien Chen.

Thomas Cup is right after that and two next consecutive tournaments (Denmark and French), so that let's save Momota's energy.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  2. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Glad I am not the only one who has noticed it but restrained from posting about it,
    his etiquette is wanting as regards to net caughts, good player.

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

could you elaborate about the situation? since if the shuttle is close to the net it is very common to go for the tape intentionally, in that situation I do not see anything wrong with a celebration, but if it was the shot from the back or middle then yea....

4. cococo

cococo Regular Member

That's true Pearly is talented,but as a doubles player she has to depend on her partner,but Thinaah didn't play too well today. But I hope they can get back to where they were. I'm sure they will.

I think maybe Malaysia can consider partnering her back with Man Wei Chong for XD. I believe she can play both WD and XD. They were a really good XD pair,I don't understand why the coaches don't let them play more together.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

#184 cococo, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  5. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

It's such a shame when young players do this. Badminton has such a great culture of respect for the opponent as opposed to some other sports which are just about "me, myself & I" and antagonizing the person(s) on the other side.
    So many great champions over the past have shown that you can be at the very top, still be a "fighter" and don't have to "trash talk" or do absolutely everything to win, including disrespecting the opponent.
    The result of mutual respect in badminton are scenes like after the Olympic MS final, where the personal respect between players transcends just two people competing for some medal.
    This has been the culture of this sport. When young players come in and choose not to act like Chen Long, Momota, Hendra Setiawan, and so on, it's just sad, imo.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  6. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Yeah, it is a horrible system. 2019 Japan had - if I recall correctly - early session in the quarter final, late session in the semis and than early session in the final and Momota had like 8 hours less rest than SYQ before the final. That is huge and has nothing to do with sport.
    2017 China were on the receiving end of this setup, when Korea had a lot more rest than them before the final, and subsequently beat them.

7. warujati

warujati New Member

the service should be below the neck, not below the waist or below x.yy meters

rajat_remar and nokh88 like this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The lady from Spain had a lot to do with the disrespect.

9. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Excellent deciding match between Korea and Thailand. Sapsiree/kititharakul went from 11-19 to 18-19 only to lose 21-19 due to service error.
    Would be interesting to see if China goes with Shi Yuqi tomorrow against Korea, given he has lost his two previous matches.

10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

you're in a wrong thread, I believe

Woesi likes this.
  11. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Agreed…with bells on.

12. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    If she doesn't get the yellow card then the disrespect is in your mind only

13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I accept that young players need to learn a lot about on court manners.
    On a lighter note , I just wanna mention that even all 5 fingers of our hand are not similar then how could we expect people to emulate the behaviours of some eminent players.
    They can learn in the long run. This is upto them if they succeed and also without any hate from people.
    Lee ji jia seem to be a nice guy. Their country media is making him that way . Similar situation in our country as well. They will make them heroes and that is the basis of everything.

14. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

There’s a old Chinese folklore called “jul gong woo” where the practitioner of the art goes on a journey to face challenges and become the best,how you get there is as important as the skills you acquired from years of pain,blood and sweat,
    just as important is the respect from fellow fighters and peers, perhaps these young charges should take a leaf from the philosophy,
    you might be riding on the crest of a wave, don’t forget we might meet when you’re on your way down.:p

Justin L likes this.
  15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Total rubbish.

The BWF umpires (and BWF refereeing committee) are a load of softies and should be more liberal in handing out cards.

The Korean ladies doubles player tieing her shoelaces and then retieing again against Thailand is a classic example. That's deliberate holding up play.

Martynas and trizzforce like this.
  16. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

yes yes you westerners are all about individualism... whatever man good luck in the future.....

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Come on Chia/Soh ayo bisa!!! Jia You!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    Yes, that's the point. If the refereeing committee is to be blamed, according to the majority, then the majority will go and change the committee.. or will it go..