TotalEnergies BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2021 : Quarterfinal-Final (1-3 October)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 30, 2021.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

There are only 15 medals per team. You don't want anyone empty-necked :oops:

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Saw several posts on IG with the hashtag #standwithkisona (and against racism) earlier, did anybody catch what happened there?

#782 Woesi, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  3. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

So in the Thomas Cup, next week what are the odds of momota playing SYQ again, maybe we can see them both less exhausted and play a proper game. Chen Long is not going again right?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I would have said that was exuberance. No problem in my book as it wasn’t directly towards the opponent.

Quentin11 likes this.
  5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

China retains Sudirman Cup one more time, their 12th title, what a strong and solid mixed team, powered by three Olympic Champions and former World Champions.

The top-seed began their winning campaign yesterday to seal MD doubles, He/Zhou rise on the occassion to rectify their blunder against DEN combination on Friday to perform better and hold their nerves well in final day, their have more lethal attacking and agressive shots than the Japanese duo Hoki/Kobayashi who implementing wrong tactic in this match, taking defensive position mostly.

Then Akane Yamaguchi who's in good shape along this tournament takes revenge over her defeat in Nanning. A fatigue Chen Yufei can’t balance the Japanese smart play with patient mode and her solid retrieving skill, too many elementary mistakes by the Olympic Champion who became error-proned and lack of accuracy. Really tough effort for Chen to score point in gruelling rallies as her sudden slice cross court smashes seemed less effective to outmaneuver the steady world number four.

Shi YQ reproduces 2019 SC magnificent feat to outplay world number one Kento Momota with his thunderous offensive style, all out attacking shots when every lift is punished with lethal smashes and didn't give chance for two-time World Champion to think furher. It's obviously the Chinese threw second game to save energy in decider to bombard his rival with physically demanding relentless sharp attack. An emotional expression by Shi after completed the match to redeem his two uninspiring defeats in previous matches here, outwitted by Vitidsarn and Axelsen. A big concerning for Momota form as he also swallowed another defeat to Lee ZJ in semifinal.

upload_2021-10-4_9-17-15.png

Matsumoto/Matsutomo did their best to keep JPN chance alive especially Misaki who plays cleverly with fast interception and nice placement to surprise and caught off guard Chen/Jia frequently but Tokyo OG silver medalists are too hot to handle at the end.

It'sMeMeMe, Justin L, hybisme and 6 others like this.
  6. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    There was a cabbage who labelled kisona as keling and ask where did BAM collected this keling from?

FYI, keling is a derogatory term for indians

Thebestbees, Suilven and Woesi like this.
  7. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

What difference in mentality of these two!

8. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

yamaguchi is truly the star. With her short stature, she could still play as fast and delivered shots of superb quality.

Mayu is disappointing. Poor poor shots..

Momota needs to figure himself out,, his confidence isnt there and his attacks are lacking.

Maurice MJC and hybisme like this.
  9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

This can be bad thing come from Malaysia, themself.

When I live in Malaysia (Sarawak), one of my friend who was Kedayan told me that when he lived in KL to study, the people there asked him that:

"I've heard that Sarawakian lived in the tree, isn't it ?"

10. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Yamaguchi has great upper body strength and powerful legs.

Momota after the accident is not the same as he was in 2019

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Maurice MJC and hybisme like this.
  11. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Indonesia vs Malaysia games always have this last game of the tournament kind of quality due to our historical rivalry. But in Malaysia and to a large extent Indonesia case when they are weak , they can always spring surprises if their stronger opponents team are overconfident. This was pointed out by the late Sven Pri in 1976 on the eve of the TC semi finals when a talented Danish team were send home by a young Malaysian side with no previous winners.

I call it the Sven Pri Oracle.

12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Have you seen posts here when she lost against Akane?
    Since this forum is guided by Moderators, we might have seen some controlled aggression by some of our Malaysian members here. I was so pissed at them considering the standard of Akane, if Kisona lost to her , what's wrong in there. Such racism exists in Malaysia. Even though I am not a tamil guy, I have certain Tamil friends who are living there or have friends over there. But let's not go deep into that topic.
    We all know about Akane Yamaguchi. She is a mini pocket sized beast. Nobody can beat her unless you have a clear cut strategy or extremely powerful (smashes) than her or faster than her . Kisona , this is the first time I am hearing her name. Though she played brilliantly against Gregoria and almost defeated her. How could she beat Akane if Akane is in full form. Without proper experience under her belt, kisona already done her job well.
    Even Olympic champion lost to Akane in straight games. If at all they want to criticize the performance of certain individual based on colour and race, I must say Malaysia is doing wrong to themselves. That's all I could say.

kwun, Cheung, stanleyfm and 4 others like this.
  13. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

LOL, you made Akane sounds like pokemon!!!

As for racism...
    I don't know the situation in Malaysia.
    But all I feel is, players shouldn't be judge by their colour. Yes, critise her skills and tactics, but not colour.
    I think the WD from Malaysia (also have an Indian is doing well, sorry I'm bad with names), so if they hate Indians in their team, then she should be out too, which doesn't make sense.

kwun and Baddyforall like this.
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Please read this .
    https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_163334601133010&key=4449122e611edf7d44c43a9fd932c19b&libId=kuck1k950100qswc000MLasiknts8&loc=https://badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/kisona-selvaduray.188532/&v=1&opt=true&out=https://360badminton.com/news/malaysian-politician-makes-racist-comments-against-kisona-selvaduray/&ref=https://badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?forums/malaysia-professional-players.263/&title=Kisona Selvaduray | BadmintonCentral&txt=https://360badminton.com/news/malaysian-politician-makes-racist-comments-against-kisona-selvaduray/

hybisme likes this.
  15. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

@Gigabit- Thanks for enlightening us about Kisona’s predicament,
    the last few posts has really opened my eyes at the deep rooted prejudices that exist in Malaysia.

Gigabit likes this.
  16. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Luckily for Chen Yufei, she must've heaved a sigh of relief when her compatriots, Chen/Jia, finally sealed the winning point for China. Or else, she might be blaming herself for a long time to come and even let it affect her self-confidence in future team championships.
    CLELY, thanks for posting the relevant part of KM - SYQ post-match interview. Do you happen to know the link to the article?

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Japanese mentality is defence. Very very lousy way to play badminton. Hoping for opponents to make mistakes all the time? All the 3 losing matches.

19. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Some might see it as playing the long game, let’s make no bones about it,
    LZJ’s success against KM was purely down to power badminton,
    he didn’t let KM do that, on his day he sustained it and came out victorious.

#799 Suilven, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's taken from BWF news article : https://bwfsudirmancup.bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2021/10/04/china-ace-final-test/

Justin L likes this.