Penta 3600 clamps

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by UkPlayer, Nov 27, 2021.

1. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
  2. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

I had the "universal" ones, they do the job but are too bulky to be really practical for badminton rackets.

UkPlayer likes this.
  3. Pantoufle

Pantoufle New Member

First link, it was my first fixed clamp. I bought flying clamp cause they were too bad...

UkPlayer likes this.
  4. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    :confused: Seems people have had mixed experience with this clamp. Between a rock and a hard place on this decision. When I start to get into territory of ordering AEF I may as well wait for superstringer, but I am keen to start

#4 UkPlayer, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  5. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Judging from the picture the second link are AEF clamps. You could also get them here. https://www.pros-pro.com/de/zentralhaltezange-professional-12-mm.html

They are indeed a bit bulky for badminton but still very good clamps for reasonable money.

If you want a real upgrade go for these: https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...StringMaster-Profi-Clamp-High-End-1-Stck.html

I've switched to the string master clamps recently and I think they are the currently best clamps in that market. (High end professional stuff like Toyozuoki are obviously out of the picture here).

But honestly it's probably better to just buy a string master or super stringer machine to begin with. Investing some time and money now will save you a lot of hassle later.

6. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

If you're looking to order clamps, Gefen sports is UK based (https://www.gefensports.co.uk/store/spare-parts-for-stringing-machines-and-repairs) and has similar (or maybe even identical?) clamps to the stringmaster ones. Personally I'd still wait for the superstringer machines to be back in stock.

endFX likes this.
  7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The penta premium stringer clamp is rubbish. Very difficult to find the spot of non slipping and not crimping. Especially for thin strings, strings which have a sensitive coating or are more on the sleek side a no-go. They costed me a lot of nerves and a few popped/damaged jobs on the machine, so I changed them very quickly. IMO not worth the money.

8. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

What did you get instead?

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yup, these clamps are the same as the Stringmaster clamps: https://www.gefensports.co.uk/store/dial-swivel-clamp-for-tennis-squash-and-badminton-the-best
    and they are amazing value for the money. They are easy to adjust, have very slim profile that allows clamping very close to the frame, they will keep the adjusted setup forever thanks to the ratchet wheel and treat the strings softer compared to the diamond-dusted stuff that is inside the AEF (Superstringer) clamps. This clamp for that price is nothing less than an steal.

10. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Very tempted by the gefen clamps. One of my clamps on my T20 loosens over time and it's getting annoying.
    Anybody know for sure these fit? I suspect it does, but I thought I'll ask just in case.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Afair the Superstringer has 12.2 mm diameter posts whereas those Gefen clamps have 12.0 mm. I'm afraid they won't fit. :(

12. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Ah crap... Good thing I asked then.

Also strange that the description says it would fit 12 to 12.2 bases, I'm guessing there be some wiggling in the bigger base...
    Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, there will be too much play to make this work. No idea why they say this would fit into 12.2 mm bases as well.

Rimano and speCulatius like this.