Tectonic 7 vs Bravesword 12

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Troelsh, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Troelsh

Troelsh New Member

Hi

Im currently using BS12 3U, i like the speed and it’s userfriendly, however it vibrates a lot and lacks a little power.

Considering buying a Tectonic 7, anyone who have played with both BS12 and Tectonic 7, and can tell how they compare, and if it’s a upgrade.

Thanks

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

I have only tried the Tectonic 7 as a test racket (with unusual grips setup and a half dead string) but I will try to give you some inputs (but keep the bad setup in mind, made comparisons really hard):

I am using the Bravesword 12 3u as my backup racket for lazy days, since it is so user friendly. The Tectonic 7 is similar in that way, you pick it up and it feels good.

The Tectonic 7 definitely has a better feel than Bravesword 12 and feels slightly more stiff.
    The speed is on a similar level, I think the Tectonic 7 may be slightly faster though, but tough call.
    Power is not really a big difference either, since the Tectonic 7 is a 4u racket (but I believe it is a rather heavy one from what I saw online). The head weight balances this on the other side.
    I would say it is close between both, but hard to tell with these old strings...

Tbh, I don't think it would be worth it to go with the Tectonic 7...

The Turbo Charging 70 (former N7-2) could be a good choice for you. It is a bit more demanding than the Bravesword 12 but offers good speed combined with better power but doesn't have the solid feel of the Tectonic 7.
    But if you are used to the feel of the Bravesword frames, I don't think you will have problems with that.

Other options within the LN range of rackets which you could check out would be the 3D Calibar 900B (Boost) (renamed N90-IV), Aeronaut 7000B (Boost) or the Turbo Charging 70B (Boost).

dhobo and s_mair like this.
  3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Add 3D Calibar 800 (N80II) to this list, I have N80II, 100zz (4U), TC80. I play my best game with N80II, it has great balance of feel-control-pace-power. 100zz is nimble and got great feel but defense was hard for me to control probably cause of smaller sweetspot, 4u weight..

yenyesoh likes this.