TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships 2021 : R/64-Final (12-19 December)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 11, 2021.

1. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

I have a hunch errors will pile in when he encounters more defensively solid opponents.

cococo likes this.
  2. gareng

gareng New Member

wow. likay is like hariyanto arbi? i just want to watch him beating sri of india. never watch him before

3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I am not expecting anything from Srikanth. So, I wanna leave the MS gor now.
    I must say Akane's first final in WC?
    If TTY makes errors, Akane will eat her alive. Such a tenacious player. Mini pocket bomb.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It has not been officially reported in our press. I hardly see him with our team though. The coach that is always seen with LKY and YJM is Kelvin Ho, who was once playing for Singapore but not for a long period. Although Kelvin may not be as outstanding a player as LKY, I can see he lends a personal touch and understanding. And probably that's what LKY needs most in times of crisis. Their partnership seems to endure.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Actually, it has to be mutually beneficial. VA will also benefit from the exposure and lack of training partners during the pandemic. However, it would seem some players really took advantage of the invitation by VS and improved. Players like our LKY and Sen?

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Go HeTan, ChenJia. Watching Chinese dramas mostly so i support CHN.(ALP and TLB being the best this year imo).

7. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

while it’s true as he doesn’t have any decent training partner in dubai too, i heard Denmark Badminton Association discouraged him from doing so as it will open up the secret of how danish players being trained, guess VA felt it won’t be a threat since he just won olympic and those players were not high ranked and not countries with great badminton reputation.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (10.00am) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...9F47D7-AA9A-4B74-A4DC-6ABC31390757&d=20211219

upload_2021-12-19_11-44-0.png

Badminton fans will witness new World Champions in almost all fives categories as on paper scenario high possiblity that the Chinese pair would nail WD crown...
    • Bas/Popor (Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai) on the roll, what a spectacular year they have, 9th final in 2021, only scored setback in Tokyo Olympics, showing tremendous and significant development in speed and power. They had slow start in semis against Tang/Tse but rebound quickly to find finest tone in next two games as HKG pair look awry, late respond to anticipate Popor fast interference at net area. The world number one combination will be challenged by familiar opposition Watanabe/Higashino who tame compatriots Yamashita/Shinoya in two quick games. Japan or Thailand will top mixed doubles podium today, last edition bronze and silver medallist in Basel 2019, a very consistent performance by both finalists in high level competition.
    • The tantalizing final showdown, Tai Tzu Ying meets Akane Yamaguchi where both players snatch maiden final in World Championships arena. The cool Taiwanese star has good start as she did almost flawless her routine mastery strokes yet creative shots and solid defense to retrieve He Bingjiao attacking smashes. Inaccuracy problem turned up in second game when her placement, drop shots missed the right line. The left-hander Chinese did her best to pressure Tai TY, inject the pace to speed up the game until early of decider then He lost focus and momentum shifted quickly to her skillful opponent who faster, took initiative first at mid court area, leaving He BJ to swallow another defeat and unabled to upgrade her bronze medal. When Tai enjoying the match, less pressure mistakes that giving time to construct the unthinable shot, it's tough to halt her. Subsequently, the unheralded Zhang YM delivered trouble to more fancied Akane Yamaguchi who had difficult times to scrutinize the relatively unknown opponent but the experience to compete in major event denied the Japanese into third game. Perhaps this is the big achievement for Zhang so far, a quite stuck career for 24 years old Chinese player, same generation with He Bingjiao. China needs longer time to wait World Champion of this category even a finalist, last one was Li Xuerui in Copenhagen 2014.
    • Top-seeds Chen QC/Jia YF are heavy favorite to capture second World title, quite lop-sided semifinal clash when the Chinese were really dominant to overcome two-time reigning World Champions. A series of Mayu Matsumoto easy mistakes contributed world #4 duo defeat, the unusual for Japanese player standard who normally playing accurately while Nagahara hasn’t back to the top form yet post injury break. Other finalist is none but Koreans top-ranked Lee SH/Shin SC who skipped Indonesia leg and will focus to hunt their first ever gold medal after semifinal finish in 2014, they beat teammates Kim/Kong yesterday in hard fought battle.
    • China MD combination carve stunning result to sail through into grand final of major event, very very surprise if badminton fans looking at their track record. Incomplete line-up as Indonesians late withdrawal more or less has designated this situation, He/Tan vanquish vast experienced Astrup/Rasmussen with their aggressive style, the Danes often lift the shuttlecock regularly that punished with the Chinese lethal smashes. Curiousity is high to watch whether the underdogs He/Tan could conquer the rising Hoki/Kobayashi who outclass Ong YS/Teo EY. The Chinese youngsters have bright prospect to clinch gold medal according to 5-1 head-to-head statistics, sigh of relief for China if they could do it following Li Junhui retirement.
    • Loh Kean Yew engraves another headline to stun Danish notable players, Anders Antonsen, world #3 and 2019 WChampionships silver medalist who made amazing comeback in opening game, 15-20 to save 5 game points then 21-all, unfortunately he couldn't convert into victory at crucial moment in the opener, Loh regained his focus and expelled nervousness, 23-21. In second game the fast-improved Singaporean continued his commanding mode despite Antonsen put good fight in early stages but after interval break Loh was practically unstoppable. Earlier MS semifinal, Kidambi Srikanth was involved in grueling three games to overcome promising star Lakshya Sen, a quite rough performance by former world number one as his unforced errors frequently donated points for his young opponent. Loh-Srikanth, two players with similar offensive style, if Srikanth became error-proned then he could forget the golden opportunity here, Loh is very sharp along this tournament, as long as he can hold nerve well and stick to his game plan, no impossible it'll be fairytale ending for this unseeded player.

It'sMeMeMe, stanleyfm and kwun like this.
  9. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    It’s exactly because we’re Singaporeans that we will not get too carried away until the match is done and dusted. Singaporean athletes have the habit of… So we’ll be cautiously optimistic.

Loh likes this.
  10. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

yeah man, i tried to tell myself that he will have a tough match and might lose all the time. not trying to get hopes all high up.

Loh likes this.
  11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Never underestimate your opponent. Remain focused and play to the best of his ability.

r1cky_b3cks likes this.
  12. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

I think the only (active) players who would have stood a chance against this version of LKY is Momota and a fresh VA. Well, KS still has a chance to prove me wrong :p

13. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

I don't think there is any secrecy around that. And I am pretty sure I heard Loh say in a post match interview that when he played for a Danish club two-three years ago, he also went and trained with the national team. The Danish national training centre are usually not afraid to have foreigners join their training although, admittedly, they are mostly Europeans.

(Loh played for a club in the second best league in Denmark at the time he beat Lin Dan in the final of Thaliand Masters. He then returned to play MS2 (yes.. MS2!) for his club the very next day, which was kinda funny. See below. Great guy!)
    Loh.jpg

#873 Hassefar60, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Loh, Woesi, stanleyfm and 3 others like this.
  14. gareng

gareng New Member

zero title player. what do you expect? good if he can beat ginting or kristi. i doubt he can

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Agree. Those that doesnt have gold. Cannot brag. They can only talk about frogs and chopsticks. Wakaka.. ;)

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Those players and officials of india and japan is so so so stupid allowing their players to kill each other in semifinals.

And lost the precious finals because they just cant cope. They need to learn frim china like lindan days. Unless u are a pro like va, then you go all out to win coz its individual glory. Brainless. ;)

17. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Never thought I'd say this but watching both Watanabe and Higashino play is making me so annoyed right now. Do they even want to win?
    First, they couldn't win the Chinese.
    Now, they can't even win the Thais.
    Gosh.

Maurice MJC likes this.
  18. dood1234

dood1234 Regular Member

Seem like something is holding Watanabe back a little bit.

He is not the usual fast explosive player as he was a month ago during Denmark and French Open.

19. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

My guess is that he's likely injured. Higashino has been covering shots that he normally would have been taking, and the way that he's moving and hitting is likely another indication.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Woesi likes this.
  20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yuta is just doing light smashes. Arisa is even going back to take some shots. Clearly Yuta has an injury. I expect to see JPN pair walkover soon.

dood1234 likes this.