Lakshya sen

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by John I'm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    @mohans @Baddie lover

A good win for LS against KV yesterday, before yesterday I felt KV, LSF were way ahead of LS, LS is not there yet but close.
    With LS, his game doesn't look smooth to me like LSF (beautiful game, footwork) or KV, his footwork looks clumsy, but he worked hard yesterday and KV making mistakes helped, I still rate yesterday's win against KV very high.

LKY is a beatable opponent, but again, he need to develop stability, smoothness in his gamem then consistent results will follow.

Baddie lover likes this.
  2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

3. mohans

mohans Regular Member

One thing to keep in mind is he lost to 3 in-form MS players in these tournaments. Two of them could eventually become the tournament winners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  4. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I didn’t mean he shouldn’t have a traveling coach. All I said was he could afford to figure out everything on his own for at least a year more on the tour. I don’t want him either become a CTC or SK

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

He should get hammered by the likes of VA, KM, LZJ, AA, SYQ, ASG. That’s how he will figure out a way to play against those

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Its funny how you say that he should be hammered by Top Players ( You said that i am harsh on him for what i said that he did not improve at all). :D

7. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Getting hammered by top players is a mandatory part of the developmental process

samkool likes this.
  8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Wow, LS beats Kanta, that without choking in 3rd game. Training with VA and getting better sparring on tour must be helping him.

samkool and Baddie lover like this.
  9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He is improved for sure compared to Jan'21, but he need to comeout of CTC mode, we don't want another CTC.

samkool likes this.
  10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

He will be fresh next week. There is a tangible benefit of losing early rounds these days

11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It won’t be too long, KM will enjoy the benefit from LS.

12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...hid-who-keeps-lakshya-sen-fit-strong-7679513/

Meet Abdul Wahid, who keeps Lakshya Sen fit & strong

Indian shuttler’s physio & trainer keeps him in shape despite hectic playing style
    “Ouw. Slipped. How. He’s okkk…”

On either side of the elegantly alarming sighs from commentators Morten Frost and Steen Pedersen during Lakshya Sen’s quarterfinal against Chinese Zhao Jun Peng came a biomechanical boggler for 35-year-old Abdul Wahid sitting in the stands behind the Indian.

This was at 20-20 in the decider, and Sen’s trusted physiotherapist and trainer wasn’t really looking at the shuttler’s little skid, but more at the fate of the shuttle across the court.

“I don’t know how he did it, all credit to Lakshya. I was just very happy it went inside. You know how it is when we are winning against a Chinese shuttler… slight extra pride and joy,” Abdul would describe the scenes as Sen became the second Indian to ensure a Huelva World Championship medal.

In fact, Abdul knew exactly how Sen has been pulling off some of those outrageous retrieves throughout the week, with body-bending Matrix arches on defence and unreal cross-hits from seemingly unbalanced positions. This one on Friday evening though was different: Sen was moving diagonally from the right net corner to the left back pocket. And it was his decision to audaciously go down-the-line instead of the expected cross-court that caused the havoc in his torque – the shoulder across the torso swinging back before cocking the wrist in sudden snap, and the feet still headed forward. (Imagine hitting fast forward & pause in one go on video).

READ |BWF World Championships: Intriguing first-ever all-Indian semi-final
    It is for the sake of such body-splitting elasticity on a badminton court – routine agility for top shuttlers – where the top half and the feet are doing their own equal-and-opposite things while in motion, that physios are kept busy 24×7.

“Improving agility is endless and always an ongoing process in badminton. When they go for tournaments, it’s not like you only play the match and the day is done. Every minute movement is worked on through the day,” Abdul says. “It’s the most high-impact sport I’ve worked in, and injuries happen because of the intensity. My job is to keep his body joints in good shape and correct posture,” adds the expert from Cuttack.

Abdul, the son of a supervisor of a top hotel chain, had very little exposure to sport when in school, just some casual table tennis. He’d pursue his Bachelor’s at Pune’s MA Rangoonwala College and Masters at Delhi’s Guru Gobind Singh College, after which he would gain experience from stints in Delhi tennis, basketball, football and even wrestling. Badminton, though, was a different feather-game.

“In Pune, I first interacted with badminton players who played inter-university and were my friends. It was an eye-opener, the demands of that sport,” Abdul recalls. He’s been at Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy (PPBA) since 2016, brought in by Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ), but this last one year has been about accompanying Sen for top-tier events. “Other sports are 3-4 months. Badminton they play week after week, every month. It’s very demanding.”

13. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Laksha Sen has a bright future in front of him. And he had a well fought match against Srikanth today in the WC semi-finals. It will be interesting to see how he progresses in the next few years.

Against Srikanth today, he did look very tired after a few rallies ended. Perhaps Laksha Sen can improve his fitness further. For sure, if Laksha Sen plays a healthy Momota, fitness will come into play as Momota rarely looks tired compared to his opponents. Let's see if he can make a few more improvements, because he already looked very good in this WC.

arjevo, Baddie lover and Sumanth99 like this.
  14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This is one of the most gentlemanly match I've seen in a while, no unnecessary shouting, always changing shuttles etc. Both LS and KS seem to have huge respect for each other.

arjevo likes this.
  15. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Good composure shown by Sen after losing 1st game. I think he is little better than before maybe courtesy the new Korean coach. He is adapting to the elite level (top 10 style) badminton, is more patient than before. Tomorrow I hope he doesn't overuse his cross court smash as LKY is a smart player. He'll just place his racket and then Sen will have to cover that long distance. Best of luck to him.

Airos likes this.
  16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    trying hard to not jinx eh!!

Baddie lover likes this.
  17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    A really good start to the year, our MS is back on track and I hope LS can improve even more and this new coach turns out good.

Super happy to see MS win :):).

18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Our MS is back on track. Only Lakshya ;) . For Srikanth, we have to see how he fares in future tournaments. Today, Lakshya was patient, trying to play a more controlled game. He played aggressively but smartly. Changed the pace of rallies really well. His over the head ct and forehand smash down the line is really deadly. I'm really happy. After a long time, I'm happy due to Indian badminton. I have forgotten when I was happy watching Indian badminton

19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    One player is also enough, ask any MAS fan.

20. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I also hope LS makes a lot of money and sponsorships now, badminton should grow more in India.

Airos and Baddie lover like this.