YONEX-SUNRISE INDIA OPEN 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Kowalski, Jan 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. mohans

mohans Regular Member

In fact, that’s the slightest fear on LS’s future growth. Having a solid basic game is great, but having just that is a problem. However, I still strongly believe that age is very much on his side to improve, and none of his junior mates are far technically superior than him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Even i thought that too. His game need so much tuning. He need to work on his drop shots more than relying on power game. Now he is just 20. But still if he improves well to mix it up, then he will be a force to reckon with.

3. arctan

arctan Regular Member

lol who defined that term, you? lmao. i could very well define it as anyone who's won any big tournament, and that would include LKY.

4. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

But I meant to say this about LKY, but hey if it rings true for LS, why not.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Hope he proves you right in the coming World Championships.. ;)

6. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Carolina is good at tour too. Sindhu is the prime example of what you said

Anks likes this.
  7. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I don't have time to watch the final matches today, but the results make me surprised.

Congrats

8. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Definitely too early to say for LKY, people need to hold their judgement for a little longer…

9. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Wow, I beg to differ on this comparison. As much as I know, LKY’s play style is totally opposite to that of CTC. Risk-Return comparison will put LKY and CTC across opposite sides of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2022-1-17_8-28-50.png

Big win for host India to bag two titles through men's category and the more special narration is they toppled strong contenders in opening BWF tour of 2022 season. IND next big thing to roar in MS constellation, Lakshya Sen halts man of moment Loh Kean Yew in two straight-games, it was close contest as Sen implemented right tactic to launch an all out attack, faster and more aggressive style to dictate Singaporean ace who lack of precision, powerful smash and modest defense in this match. Newly-crowned World Champion seemed little bit frustrated when Sen could anticipate well almost all his quality shots including the battle of tight net play. In MD match, Ahsan/Setiawan who had reached twilight of their career can't quell younger opponent quick play, the Indians were really sharp, both pairs involved in efficient pattern, one two shots to score point rather than did long rallies.

Thailand rules women's discipline with two victories, Supanida Katethong unabled to continue excellent run, the unforced errors ruined her winning script despite she had affordable prospect to top podium here with good attacking and deceptive shot. There's no stark contrast of technical awareness between two finalists but Busanan is more steady, composed and patient player throughout the match including crucial stages. Aimsaard sisters won WD crown in one-way traffic atmosphere against the Russians. A surprise created in mixed doubles, world #182 Terry Hee/Tan WH stunned higher-ranked Chen/Peck, the former played nothing to lose just enjoyed their final match, contrary with the under pressure Malaysians.

ah_lim, It'sMeMeMe, Kowalski and 2 others like this.
  11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Thats disrespect for the true BIG TOURNAMENT PLAYERS you know what makes a player turn into a BIG TOURNEY player ? Its their MULTIPLE MEDALS at the Biggest Events of Badminton

Examples of BIG TOURNAMENT LEGENDS -:

1.Lin Dan 2 OG 7 WC
    2.Lee Chong Wei 3 OG 4 WC
    3.Zhang Ning 2 OG 5 WC
    4.Pusarla V Sindhu 2 OG 5 WC
    5.Carolina Marin 1 OG 3 WC
    6.Gao Ling 4 OG 9 WC
    7.Susi Susanti 2 OG 3 WC
    8.Chen Long 3 OG 4 WC

LKY is a great player and has a bright future but he would need at least an Olympic Medal and few more World Championship Medals including few CONSECUTIVE

All these legends I mentioned are known as the Big Tournament players because of their sheer ability to suddenly up their game at the grandest stage and their medal count speak for themselves.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Brian Yang has covid

Yeo JiaMin has covid.

I wonder who else will come down with it. Not good for the tour if the players are at danger of contracting covid.

CLELY and Anks like this.
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

This Omicron variant is milder in symptoms especially in double vaxxed. Granted it's much more contagious than Delta, but with athletes playing an indoor sport without masks, there's no chance of zero covid happening. They'll recover within a week and be training soon after. If society is open with restaurants and air travel, I can't see why tournaments should not go on, as long as they have the proper testing and isolation procedures in place. Once the athletes are triple vaxxed, then the risks of covid will be much lower. This would seem to be the way forward as we learn to live with an endemic covid in this post pandemic world.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

#133 visor, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Simeon and Anks like this.
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    @Baddie lover mentioned it’s currently a peak wave in India. Player safety is important. It’s not as if the players will be certain of getting back to full health. Long covid is a concern as is post viral myocarditis.

yes, milder symptoms in the normal population but these athletes are not normal population.

Anyway, we will see how many players will get it and their state of recovery. More opportunities for other players to step up

15. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Yea, thoroughly excellent player, who i think will do great things.Really fun to watch, he has so many shots in his repetoire. Ran Christie close in the Thomas Cup, actually was outplaying him for most of the match.

GoodmintonLover, Kowalski and cococo like this.