SYED MODI INDIA INTERNATIONAL 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Anks, Jan 18, 2022.

1. GoodmintonLover

GoodmintonLover Regular Member

That's what I think the case might be. But the problem is the TV rights are with a network called star and they don't upload any videos except for highlights. No Badminton RAW, no play of the day, no badminton unlimited. So basically, we Indians have very less access to these extra videos. And these extra videos are very important. Not all people can watch all videos live. And these videos also help popularising the sport because we see the special rallies, smashes, etc.
    So, this is the case with only India. The star network don't care about badminton. They stop telecasting badminton after 7. And there's no marketing, not even for world championships.
    And I don't understand why would BWF have this special contract with India only? India is neither the country where badminton is most popular neither it is a country where badminton is not popular at all. So I am not able to understand the motivation.reason behind this.

2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    My Friend I understand your frustration however,as a true badminton fan what you should do is try and keep tagging BWF on social media platforms and if need be may be write a letter to them but I guess we have gotten your point and its almost looking like flooding the thread.

I would request you to please now lets just close this subject and be happy with whatever we have for the time being and lets hope things get better for future because you and I and everyone knows it that we cant do anything by ranting and eventually the Administration will have to pay heed to our wishes and requests.

Till then let us enjoy our beloved sport ...I request you to lets talk more about the performances today and follow the matches than talking about something thats not in our hands.

Thank you mate
    Anks

Cheung and GoodmintonLover like this.
  3. GoodmintonLover

Sorry I was just a little bit frustrated and so was ranting a lot. Let's hope things change for the good.

Anks likes this.
  4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That used to happen in UK as well in the old days. I don’t know now but basically the All England for some years wasn’t even broadcast on TV in UK. Very frustrating.

As for motivation, I think the TV network buys it and therefore controls it. Same as you, I also wonder why they buy the TV rights if they don’t show it.

GoodmintonLover and Anks like this.
  5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Prannoy is the only seeded player left in last sixteen and will be favorite to pick MS title so does the top contender Sindhu who's slated to meet Katehthong in quarters, rematch of last week IND Open in Delhi.

So many walkovers in this S300 that relating with COVID-19, unfavorable time-slot for Indian leg to have weak line-up.

6. GoodmintonLover

Guys, watch out for 16 year old Anupama Upadhyay. I think she can make it to semis or at least quarters.

Anks likes this.
  7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Agree...For me as a Badminton fan from Lucknow,a city that hosts a Bwf Super 300 Event is undoubtedly the greatest moment every year when I get to see some of the best players on the planet play and with the tournament cancelled for straight two years (2020,2021) I cant explain how much heart broken I was and eagerly waiting to see the matches LIVE...So it may be a weak lineup but all I can say Im alive once again that it is finally taking place my happiness is inexplicable :)

Though I couldn't meet any players but Im just glad I got to see the beautiful courts and even though in the journo section but I got to gaze at the amazing players play..I may be disappointed to not have had the opportunity to interview any of the players or take pix with them but Im very happy that the saftey and security regarding the health of everyone is very well taken care of cause at the end of the day thats what matters the most..we all want our badminton players to be safe and healthy.

I understand this Omicron thing is now this new trouble for the world including us the badminton family but I pray that may all our players be safe and hope the ones who contracted the variant may recover at the earliest.

Im assuming Malaysia will lift the MD,WD and XD tittle we have Oly Silver Medalist Chan P S whom I watched play in the morning with his new partner and Malaysian MD are also on fire.

Was expecting NTY in MS but it appears hes not feeling well so I just pray he revcovers.

Lets hope we get rid of this virus soon :mad:because I cant even imagine seeing such withdrawls at the upcoming S500,S750 and S1000 events.

CLELY, Cheung and GoodmintonLover like this.
  8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Very close 3 setter between two young Indians Siril Verma and Raghu M (18-21,21-13,19-21) at the end siril was defeated and he looked frustrated as he threw his racquet on the court in frustration as Raghu took the game in the decider.

Good one and waiting to see Raghu's future performances.

9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I am totally disappointed for Siril , not because of this match but because how his career gone down. He was Junior World Championships Silver medallist by beating Anders Antonsen in the quarters and some other good players along the way. Now, he is nowhere near Anders. THis is how a country develops when they find a good talent. In our Country, they just leave them. How unfortunate.

Coming to this match, Raghu marisamy, have seen some of his matches which he played friendly inside the Prakash Padukone academy , he is good but his standard is not at all international level.

Anks, CLELY and Sundis like this.
  10. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Some junior players dont develop well into senior badminton, many ingredients are needed, good support and training environment, and also the individual determination and motivation the player has.
    Good for India that you have Lakshya Sen, I havent seen a MS player with such a steep development for a very long time. When was the last time a 20 year old MS player won a S500 (or a superseries) or defeated the reigning world champion?

GoodmintonLover, Anks and Cheung like this.
  11. sen

sen Regular Member

I hate that if I want to watch badminton, I have to change tv cable every year.
    BWF should use like OnlyFans channel and probably some badminton fans would not mind paying to keep watching badminton on the same channel

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

2000 World Junior Championships bronze medalist Lin Dan won All England crown in 2004 (beat Peter Gade in final) when he was 20 years old.
    Lakshya Sen is touted as one of future stars alongside Vitidsarn, Li SF and Naraoka, time will tell how their development that much disrupted by disastrous pandemic.

According to MAS media, Ng Tze Yong was just feeling unwell, tested negative for C19.

Once every four years, the broadcast rights (2022-2025) has been shifted to MNC group & Telkom for INA viewers.
    Mega deal BWF-SPOTV for Asia region : https://bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2022/01/19/bwf-signs-mega-deal-with-spotv/

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He will need a couple more tests to confirm but given how common covid is in India at the moment, it’s definitely a concern.

CLELY and Anks like this.
  14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Not so steep actually, for almost a year and half he used to choke against Hans Christians of WR40s, he surely worked on that.

GoodmintonLover likes this.
  15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Chan peng soon the Olympic Silver medalist has pulled out due to feeling unwell though his partner is well and I think she will go ahead with her match with WD partner.

I hope CPS reports negative...I think its due to extreme cold wave here in Lucknow..North Indian being close to the Himalayas we get extreme chilly cold wave the day before yesterday we had 4°C thr minimums and maximum was 11°C on top of that these himalayan winds are extremely discomfortable...I just hope its not the virus but just a seasonal flu and hope the great recovers soon.

GoodmintonLover likes this.
  16. GoodmintonLover

Lee Zii Jia resigned from BAM, right?

Anks likes this.
  17. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Yes he has decided to go Independent and I respect his decision.

18. Kowalski

Kowalski Regular Member

Lauren Lam is looking very decent against PVS. Got some skills.

Anks likes this.
  19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I dont know but PVS isnt giving her best against Lauren Lam could be the harsh winters..but dont see her determination and fighting spirit..The real test is tomorrow against SK of Thailand..Hope she does well tomorrow. IMG-20220120-WA0000.jpg

20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Actually PVS isnt giving her best...she is not even moving around court and I have seen her let go of shots without chasing them..its almost like she isnt in a mood to play.

But Im sure she could manage to reach QF for sure.