My wife is pissed at me for contracting covid at a badminton hall lol

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by MarketWizard, Jan 21, 2022.

1. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

Well.. I don't really have anything to add to the title. Just thought it was funny and you guys could understand. It's 72 hours since the symptoms first appeared and I'm feeling much better than 48 hours ago.

I weighed the risks. Being fully vaccinated Omicron wasn't going to be too bad even if I'm a breakthrough case. It just sucks that me playing badminton has to be the brunt of her anger now lol

visor, shadishv, Bakamaru and 3 others like this.
  2. viver

viver Regular Member

Get better. You know, "happy wife, happy life". ;)

Cheung likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Chill your head & think from her position.
    What if you actually get hit by Covid seriously. You risk your wife & kids (if any) & your wife could losing you to the one she care.
    No one is on the wrong or right side. Both are right from their view point & wrong from others view point. Just chill out & calm her out. If you both get freaking out, it just makes thing worst.

xzavire likes this.
  4. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Did other players get it? Do you need to be vaccinated to play at your club? Get well soon.

5. MarketWizard

I'm sure there were others who had it. One person that I didn't see for a while said he got it when I asked him where he had been for the past couple of weeks.

Here in the US, I think very few places require vaccination, but at least the demographics of people who play badminton around me are pretty much all vaccinated. It's just Omicron can break through easily.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I resume playing when the Govt allowed it and the halls opened.

My kids and wife went the the gym and I was scared and worried and advised them from it.

Who was right? But it's not important anymore. :) All facilities are opened.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    My whole family is vaccinated. Once vaccinated, there's nothing else you can do because a lot of governments decided to let it run through their respective countries.

Most of us will get infected at some point or another. It could just as well be from a contact in the supermarket.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This. That Omikron variant is so darn infectious, you'd have to literally stay locked away in your basement (alone!) to fully avoid any risks. The good thing is that it really appears to be less lethal than previous variants, especially if you're vaccinated.

We also had it going round at our family after coming back from our christmas vacation in Mexico - most likely picked it up somewhere on the trip home. My wife was completely knocked out for two days before she recovered pretty quickly again, I didn't really have any symptoms at all and all tests stayed negative. We both got the booster shot in December. The kids didn't show anything.

And I'll leave you with a perfectly fitting meme that I've seen a couple of days ago. Title says "How it feels to leave the house since Omikron"...

index.jpg

thyrif, endFX, Ballschubser and 2 others like this.
  9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Takes a precaution & measurement ourself is fine but excesive fear are bad. Stay calm, wearing mask, vacination, avoiding massive crowd, & enjoy our live.
    Remember stress could affect our health which makes ourself weaker & prone to be infected.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

you risk yourself for starving to dead doing it.:eek:

Or how about living in the Jungle, stay away from the rest of mankind? There is alot of food in the Jungle, nature provide all what we need;)
    But what if you are getting sexual abuse from female gorilla, the male found it out, & you get pummeled to dead. Which one better... Covid or this kind of humiliating dead:rolleyes:

well Mario just need 1 thing to survive that. 1 shiny glowing STAR. Lucky he had 1 mystery box near him:p .... Hope its not a coino_O

11. shadishv

shadishv Regular Member

Lol... Get well soon

12. LuckyR

LuckyR New Member

Did you play doubles?

13. MarketWizard

I had coaching, and then I played both singles and doubles. Everyone I played with had no symptoms before/after.

14. LuckyR

LuckyR New Member

I would think that singles would be a lot safer, due to the distances involved.

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Out of curiosity, what makes you so certain that you caught it from badminton?

16. visor

visor Regular Member

That's me 11 months ago...

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

17. Kowalski

Kowalski Regular Member

We all touch the shuttle, and in most cases locker rooms/toilets/ are shared. :)

18. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    She is in the wrong. Remind her you have longer life, better health, better looks, better body, happier outlook from badminton

19. MarketWizard

Other than grocery stores, it's pretty much the only place I went in the week leading up to my infection. I suppose I could still get it at the store, but the chances of it being badminton is extremely high when looking at the crowd density, number of hours I'm there, etc.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Of course it's the badminton hall... it's the only place you (and I) were not wearing mask... unless you were masked...

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk