APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Nope but I just bought the Vanguard 11. It's nice. Reminds me of the 88s. Very solid. Played with it tonight and I love the feel.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

huh that sounds pretty nice. I've seen the vanguard 77 too which seems to copy the astrox series. Have you tried the vanguard 77 because I am interested in buying either the vanguard 11 or 77. The ones thats most similar to the 88s would be nice ahah

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

There seems to be a Vanguard 88 too. Perhaps that's closer? I don't know.

I sold my 88s awhile ago but I just realised the colour scheme of vanguard 11 is the same as the arcsaber 11. Perhaps it's more of a copy of that?

Anyway, I played it a few times now and I like it. Suits my playing style. Net play is good. Easy to get the timing right. Quick enough for good defence. Definitely a keeper.

Kevin Han likes this.
  4. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

thanks for the reply!

5. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I'm thinking of selling my old Tantrum 500 International. What would be a fair price to let it go for? It's in about 8/10 condition.

6. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Brother Tantrum, nice sharing of experiences with apacs......would you know of which apacs model (or any other budget brands) having a similar small head frame size as the yy z-slash or nanoray z-speed? Thanks in advance.

7. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

Sorry man.
    Really appreciate the offer but buying second hand overseas is a not my preferable purchase.
    I'm not certain of condition of the shipping and the racket and im not familiar with the t500 so it would be a completely blind buy for me.

8. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I'm not familiar with the compact head ones from Apacs, the only ones I've ever had was the original Lee Hyun Il endorsed ziggler lhi Pro and ziggler 656. The other ziggler and other Hyun Il series are also compact head shape. Not sure how they perform vs z-slash or z-speed.

boon_keng likes this.
  9. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

Hey tantrum,
    What is/are your favourite apacs rackets other than the famous ones like the AvP, T200, etc?
    The old ones seem like good rackets but a bit too heavy and old fashioned. There are so many apacs models but not too much information and the budget models are pretty similar with lightweight, medium flex and high end models with typical stiff, head heavy rackets.

10. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Oh my bad, friend. I wasn't trying to make a sale offer directly towards you, I was just posting a general question to the group so I can decide on a price to sell it locally. Hahaha.

Kevin Han likes this.
  11. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I've been out of the loop with Apacs for awhile now. What're their top tier/flagship models at the moment? How are they?

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

https://apacssports.com/product-category/badminton/badminton-rackets/badminton-advance-plus/

Haven't really explored the top ranged rackets. I've been mostly trying out their beginner plus and intermediate range rackets. Good value for money

Thunderdome is new I think. Used by Malaysia's paraolympic gold medalist Cheah Liek Hou.

The Ko Sung Hyun and Shin Baek Cheol endorsed Assailant Pro and Pro Commander have been around for a couple of years.

13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

thunderdome is just a crappy copy of astrox 100.... quite strange that they can get away with stuff like this :/

14. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Why not?

Aayoosh likes this.
  15. RyuKen

RyuKen New Member

Hi guys my search for a new racket continues, currently between AVP and 88s(the first or second gen).
    Anybody had experience with these particular rackets?
    How do they compare, any input would be much appreciated.

16. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Can anyone provide a review of the Pro Commander? Does it have any vibe issues? Does it have a solid feel? What can the flex be compared to? Thanks. :D

17. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

The pro commander has been reviewed by a couple of people already. Just scan this thread.
    If I remember correctly, it does have a nice feel, on the stiffer side, more so than the AVP, perhaps similar flex to the astrox 88s.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

John Xina likes this.
  18. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Are you still using your Pro Commander? How do you like it?

19. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Apacs Pro Commander 3U is here. Apacs Virtuoso Super63 strings at 24lbs (I didn't get to pick my string or tension). Probably won't be able to play for awhile, so no in-depth review just yet. I'm also planning on comparing it to my ArcSaber 11 Pro to observe the differences between a highend Yonex racquet and a highhend racquet from a smaller brand.
    From the few minutes I've had with it so far, I can say that the paint/finish quality isn't that great; some surfaces of the paint just feel rough, not glossy smooth. The graphics aren't great either, but at least they're eyecatching from a distance. Very odd considering my Apacs Tantrum 500 International from 2012 had a much smoother and high quality finish.
    After some dryswinging, I can say it's very smooth and comfortable through the air like an Arcsaber but has a headheaviness similar to maybe an Astrox 77 or 88s. It swings quick at the moment, but with no other racquets on me at the moment to compare with, I can't comment much on that. The spec sheets say the shaft is medium stiff, but bending tests show it's more on the stiffer side, which I like a lot. The bottom of the racquet frame is shaped like old school oval head racquets, which supposedly increases stability and sweetspot size. I'm excited to see how true that is. I'd imagine the sweetspot is located a bit differently from a standard isometric frame. The racquet as a whole feels solid and nice to swing around. For those curious about the string, it's a hard feeling string, similar to BG80. Somewhat rough texture, so hopefully some good control. I'll definitely play with these strings for a bit before replacing them with my usual setup.
    I'm looking forward to testing this one out. Maybe it'll pull me back away from Yonex. I'm always a fan of the underdogs.

20. Alif Izmir

Alif Izmir New Member

Hello Apacs fans! I tested my friend's Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722 the other day and it really felt good in my hands as i am quite a defensive player. Ordered it the day after and also ordered Apacs Lethal 10 in blue. It looks similar to the Victor BS12 ngl XD anyways, have anyone tried Apacs rackets with Yonex BG80 strings? Are they any good? Asking because imo different rackets play differently with different strings. IME, Duora10 felt great with the BG66UM compared to BG80 but ZF2 felt superb with BG80 so any thoughts? Im open for other string suggestions if theres any