9900,NF800 or AS100zz

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Chris Haynes, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Chris Haynes

Chris Haynes Regular Member

Stock controller auto
    Hi I have been playing with the voltric glanz but can’t get on with it as before many years ago I played with the 9900 and now looking for a new racket thinking of the NF800 or Astrox 100zz 4U. Any suggestions

2. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Do you mean the Nanospeed 9900? If you liked that, you might like the NF800, just keep in mind that the NF800 is nowhere near as headlight as the 9900. It's my favorite racquet at the moment. The Astrox 100zz is also a good choice but it's a completely different beast compared to the other racquets you listed. Since it's so different, I'd recommend trying it out before deciding.

3. Chris Haynes

Stock controller auto
    Hi thx for your suggestions I must of thought like you as I went and bought the NF 800 and played with it last night it’s fast around the net but the smash , clears and drives I am missing the shuttle completely any suggestions how to play with it

4. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

It's all about working on your timing with it. If you're coming from a slower racquet, you've gotta start your swing a little later. If you're coming from a faster racquet, you've gotta start your swing a little sooner. It'll take a few sessions to get used to it.
    If you've been using the Voltric Glanz for awhile and have gotten used to its head heavy frame and flexible shaft, it might be that you're swinging the NF800 a bit too soon and missing your shots. Best thing to do is to have a few casual hitting sessions with a buddy where you can just take your time to adjust and feel around with the racquet. It took me about 3-4 3hr club sessions to get it tamed. It's a bumpy road at first, but it's worth the effort in my opinion.

Sainttoo and Chris Haynes like this.
  5. Chris Haynes

Stock controller auto
    Thx for your advice

6. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

my main racket is 4u nf800 right now and it took me easily 3 weeks to get used to it back in time. It is pretty unique racket but I can promise you that nf800 has great smash, clear and drive capabilities. I looove smashing with nf800. I am a fast swinger and not benefit from headheavy rackets. so if your technique is well suited for this kind of racket, it eventually will work great for you imo. Give it more time

Chris Haynes likes this.
  7. Chris Haynes

Stock controller auto
    Thx I will.