Victor Thruster K 770 HT 4U Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Againzt, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

Kept seeing @Budi saying this thing hit amazingly powerful if used by someone with plenty of power.

So I bought one 4U home (preloved one, because I love my money XD) for around $50, new one is $80.

Strung it with BG80 28lbs (my standard stringing), immediately try it and it just feel meh.. Probably because of the high tension (@Budi string this thing around 25lbs). Then I bring it home, exercise it by hitting shuttle to the wall, then use this again today.

So the real review begin.

SWING SPEED
    Not that slow for a really head heavy racket (BP is the same as old AX99, the orange one), can still get some difficult overhead shuttle. Shaft is just a tad flexier than my AX99.

NET
    Need to get use to its power. Hit many high net with this one. Need a proper technique with this racket.

CONTROL
    Ohh yess.. Control feels good, feels like holding the shuttle while chopping it. This racket just feel like my second hand. Lobbing also feels satisfying.

DRIVE
    Not that fast. Need to hold the grip higher to match my opponent's speed.

POWER
    Ohhh yeahhh.. POWER GO BRRRRRRR !!
    BOOM here !! BOOM there !! Hit 8 smashes with this, only 1 that my friend can return, Holy **** !! You just need to get the timing right, then you just can't stop hitting this thing!

I love this thing!! Probably my go to racket now XD (I'm previously using ARS 90K and AX99).

Wrist don't feel as tired as using AX99 (I play double, so yeah I really abused my wrist with AX99), plenty of power, and you get that really satisfying feeling when you hit it right!

I'm very happy with this racket. But I'm very curious about the 3U version. Will it give more power or more control.

Budi and boby like this.
  2. boby

boby Regular Member

Even, I want to meet budi, do some "mabar". And learn/share more badminton from him. :)

And try his racket personally.. ;)

3. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

We can do "mabar" but I dont know the location of you two haha

4. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Never heard of this one before. Very cool. I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

5. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

Keep in mind you need strong hand to hit hard (while ARS 90K need fast hand to hit hard because it feels like the shuttle suddenly bounce off after touching the racket).

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Now that you mention it.
    Abit off topic but cant hold myself to ask as its keep tickling me.

TK770 with more hold vs Ars90k with less hold.
    How was your friend feel when taking your smash comparing both racket?
    Does one feel heavier than others & does one feel faster than others?

7. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

They can't react correctly after hearing BOOM sound this racket make.

I forgot to ask them yesterday, but yeah their defend is harsher (hitting high but short, easy for me to finish) when receiving my smash with TK770HT.

Smashes with ARS90K don't sound as loud as TK770 (Exbolt @28lbs) and I feel it don't travel as fast. They can defend 8/10 of my smashes. Most even hit high and long, giving me harder spot to smash again.

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Aaah... I forgot to tell my experience. So here it is.
    Compare my TK770 vs P8

Some friend of mine mention
    TK770 seems slower so its easy to react but feel heavier to block which are harder to return.
    P8 other hand seems faster so require more focus to react faster yet if you manage to follow it, it feel light thus easy to return.

Other post also talk about it & shuttle spin are what might be the cause (tho still debateable)
    now that you mention sound. This could also be the factor. We badminton player train to control our reflex so sound are one of input we use to determine our action. So probably as Ars sound kinda muted, our body kinda getting late response which makes it feel faster.

Now i wonder if there will be racket/string with sound dampening tech so you wont hear anything when hitting. It would be interesting how opponent would react when there is no sound feedback:eek:. Imagin myself watching horror movie without sound:confused:. But i guest the wielder himself will also had hard time to know if he/she already hit the shuttle or not:p.

#8 Budi, Apr 9, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  9. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

Maybe you should try 4U version, because it will hit faster so I assume your smash will be harder.

And about sound, these days in my region, every afternoon it rains heavily, so my court is very noisy, can't even hear my own smash haha.

At that moment, my focus / my eyesight become sharpened because I can't hear the shuttle so my focus is centered on my eyesight. Maybe similar to deaf people having better eyesight and touch feel.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

what i mean slower are in blocker perspective. Compare to P8 my smash with TK770 feel easier to react as if its slower but on contact it feel heavy as if the shuttle keep pushing through.

& you mentioning sound, so i though sound create this slowness illusion. Well coz i dont have the tool & dont even bother to try measure it, so idk if its actually faster or harder. Just fun assumtion by logic:p

11. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

Perhaps we have to play together so resolve this issue hahah..

What region do you play usually?

12. Raju

Raju Regular Member

How is the shaft stiffness? Victor says close to stiff and I have seen some videos where it looks like it's a bit flexible.
    You got the blue racquet? It looks like there is TK770HT(BLUE) and TK770HT-I(Orange) .

13. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

Got the orange one, its like yonex's medium, not that stiff of a racket

Raju likes this.