Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

They should hav included Chen Long before he retires for good, heard he is currently back in training for the asian games and Shi yuqi, whatever ridiculous punishment has been going on to long, they need him. With them, they would stand a decent chance at least.

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

CL has been on vacation for about half a year and only recently got back into training for the AG.
    As he aims for the last Major title he misses, I don't think he would want to spend the time on the TC campaign and instead focus on getting in shape for the AG.

SYQ would be a good add to the roster who can beat pretty much any of the current MS1 players (except Axelsen and provided he is in decent shape) and it would be a good opportunity to "redeem" his name after the events of last year's TC...

skhai91 likes this.
  3. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

I think the coaches can only choose from the players who are now overseas, that's why CL and SYQ were not included in the Thomas Cup squad. The epidemic situation in China now is very complicated, I think it's impossible for some players just travel to attend some tournaments and then come back.

Cheung likes this.
  4. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

5. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
  6. Justafan90

Kinda their own fault for the prolonged punishment on SYQ. Chen long would not want to be based overseas though as he wanted to be with his family

skhai91 likes this.
  7. antssantss

Retired
    WHY won today beating KS in 3 sets. Didnt like the way he wasted time. Was it because he had an injury?
    May give a walkover tomorrow if I am right.

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

What did he do? Can only follow on live score. Where did you watch the match?

9. antssantss

Retired
    I watched it on Justfun, Zhuafan Tech channel. I usually give up as I keep pressing buttons but nothing comes on. Not able to read mandarin doesnt help.However, this time it worked. Its the button top left after the Justfun icon.
    In the last match WHY kept wasting time although leading by quite a large margin. Got a warning card too. SK caught up to 17 points and it could have gone his way, but WHY kept going to towel down.
    Srikanth made two mistakes and gave away the match. WHY looked like he had a leg or arm injury about the middle of the third match.
    I am sure there are replays on Justfun but I dont know how to retrieve them. The doubles match was also shown but at an angle .
    I think China matches will be shown tomorrow as well

tbgoh288 likes this.
  10. antssantss

Retired
    WHY's defence causes a lot of problems for his opponents. He also has good net play forcing them
    to lift. Srikanths strength is in his attack but WHY defensive retrievals caused a few problems and in the third set it wasnt used a lot. WHY was up by a margin of 8 or 9 points in the 3rd match and then started losing concentration. I dont think its stamina as most of the juniors are quite fit.

11. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I thought Kidambi's netplay was a lot better than Weng Hongyang,noticed he got a lot of points there. That was pretty much the only obvious weakness I noticed from him. It's not a big weakness because he can play rally style and avoid the net if he really wanted to.

I do agree Kidambi was attacking a lot too,but WHY attacking is good also. There are still 4 good MS players left in BAC,LZJ,Ginting,Jojo and LKY,if he managed to win the tournament even with this level of competition, I think he's the real deal because those players are near the very top of the rankings.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, I think it could be a slight injury in the 3rd set when he was leading by a big margin - from 16-7, then 16-11 - that's when he started to slacken and stalling for time, earning a yellow card from the umpire. Luckily, just when KS managed to reduce the deficit to just two points in it at 16-18 , WHY somehow survived the scare and made a last-ditch effort to close it out 21-17.

Me too, I'm a bit concerned about his condition tomorrow in his match with Anthony Ginting, still only the quarterfinals.

13. Justafan90

I dun think he will rusk too much with Thomas cup otw.

14. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

#3854 tbgoh288, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  15. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

16. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

17. antssantss

Retired
    A comparison of the 3 juniors,LSF,WHY and LLX. My 2 cents worth. All of them have good foundation in terms of footwork, mental strength and confidence in their game. They display similar footwork, measured and confident. But of the 3 WHY has a more mature game. His timing is better and anticipation is very good. Second in my opinion is LLX. WHY is more patient and is always anticipating the return, but he doesnt pounce on it all the time, ie too quick to hit the return. LLX is always too quick to execute his shots. If he can delay to let the opponent shift his balance before rushing the return , it will make a lot of difference. I like LLX's game. He has the best disguised drop shot. Its executed at full speed. Very reminicent of the best indonesians. His defensive returns from smashes and lobs are not as precise as WHY. The condition in the court could be the reason.
    LSF is a bit too straightforward and I feel hasnt progressed. LLX is exciting and I am hoping he will mature and progress with more tournaments. Looking forward to his next outing
    My humble opinion.
    I am afraid I havent seen any good younger juniors. CBA should get them onto the lower ranked tournaments.

18. antssantss

Retired
    I am hoping someone can download WHY's match against AG. Someone who has access to an indonesian website . Thanking the kind soul in advance.
    Todays semifinal match will be interesting. WHY has to play low returns to prevent LZJ's deadly smashes.
    I am afraid he may not succeed.IMHO the winner is my bet for the championship.

19. Justafan90

Is there still no where to stream any of matches? This is crazy, why the first few rounds on YouTube and quarter final onwards no where to be found

20. antssantss

Retired
    I saw the WHY / AG match on Justfun but it was showing from an angle and on the other court JC /LKY were playing.
    It was not a clear picture and nothing was shown for the 3rd set.