My website about statistics in badminton

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by badmintonbettingguide, Jun 28, 2022.

1. badmintonbettingguide

Hello badminton fans,
    I have been working on a website that does some data analysis for badminton. The latest post is about whether games are predominantly won towards the beginning or the end of games.
    When Are Games Won?

Some other older post that you might find interesting:
    And also many more posts. I hope some people will find this interesting. Let me know if you have any questions. But be reminded, that it's just a hobby project, so it won't be perfect.

Green_er likes this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I find the data analysis of the Olympic Games quite interesting. I am curious about a statistic which is not given. The 95th centile for number of strokes in a rally.

Would you happen to have that for this and other tournaments combined?

3. badmintonbettingguide

No unfortunately I don't have that data, only the number of strokes in the longest rally and the average number of strokes per rally. The website is no longer available, so I can't check.

So as far as I see, the only way to get the data would be to count the strokes while watching the matches, which would be very time consuming.

4. badmintonbettingguide

5. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Is the graph an actual graph?

It has no labels on the X axis and no legend saying which colour line is which data set.

Maybe i'm being dumb, but I couldn't understand the graph. And I thought graphs should be understandable just by glancing at them

6. badmintonbettingguide

You are referring to the first image on the page? That's just a graph from tournamentsoftware.com, showing the progress in a game. And yes you are right it has no labels on the x-axis and no legend. I use the image just as a title image, didn't think anybody would confuse it with my graphs.

When you read on and scroll down, you will find my graphs, that actually have labels on both axes.