Lakshya sen

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by John I'm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No, he didn't attack much against Loh, but he attacked against Ng, both LS and KS were super successful against Ng. I guess that is the strategy.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sen played really well. But I still feel he lack drop shots and deceptive shots. He has to work really hard in future to tackle Top 5 players. Congrats for winning Gold in his debut commonwealth games. Srikanth should learn something from Sen . Srikanth is bundle of nerves. He will lose points in a matter of time. Better he need to see psychological doctor.

3. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Yes deception is an area where he should work on. But one good thing about him is that he plays it late which makes him hard to predict.
    So he does not lie about what he is going to, he just tells it very late. But to handle very tough opponents he should also learn to lie.

Baddyforall likes this.
  4. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    I think Lakshya would have progressed if he hadn't met a fellow Indian player. He seems to struggle with fellow team mates.

Baddyforall likes this.
  5. Baddyforall

Don't you think something is missing in his game?. He could not finish a rally as his construction of a rally is with difficult choices of shots which allows him to work more for a rally. He has to work really hard to win a point. I would say so many shots like cross court net shots, straight drops and deceptive net shots and punch clears, everything is missing.

6. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I get it. His play style was slightly different in the last 2 tournaments. His matches in WC/CWG suggested me that he is currently working to bring a few changes to his game. Firstly, it was apparent that he is currently working on his attack. He is trying to implement variations in his attack, like those cross court slices we saw against HKV. And, in general, I saw him attack more often frequently from the back court, contrast to his matches in GO, and AE. Secondly, he has improved his speed a tiny bit, which was never shabby to begin with.

While he is working on these aspects of his game, his forte- defense was less solid, at least in WC, which I think had contributed to his loss against HSP. At this stage of his career, I feel he should focus on improving many aspects of his game to become a well rounded player for a longer run, rather than hung up on immediate results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Baddyforall

Watched Kodai vs sen's match yesterday. I must say that he made so many unforced errors. How I wished Prannoy prevailed day before yesterday against Sen . Prannoy has all round game. Hope both of them play well in French open

8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I feel LS is caught in a confusion lately. Like I said before, he is trying to attack more. Since his attack is not as sharp as someone like SYQ or powerful as LZJ/VA, he is easily being encountered by players with good defense like Kodai, Nishimoto, HSP. After a few rallies, he starts panicking, and becomes impatient to play a rally game. This is what kinda happened to him in the past few tournaments. Since he is just 21, I feel it is absolutely fine he explores many aspects of his game, rather focusing on immediate results. It may pay dividends in the future or become a bunch of unsuccessful experiments. However worth a try

Needless to mention- Kodai played an absolutely smart game. Seeing all his recent achievements, I get a sense he will break into top 10 soon

Baddyforall likes this.
  9. Baddyforall

Sen need to strengthen his basic game. He is good in retrieving game and counter attacking. His attacking capability is minimal and once he attacks, he loses his balance. In French open , he is in opposite half to Axelsen, Kodai etc. Hope he does well.

10. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Kodai as well is considered a nemesis from now on?!?

Baddyforall likes this.
  11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Weren't they together during their junior days?
    LS, Kodai, Kunlavat, LSF.
    It's very rare to see all of the junior days arch rivals to continue the steam in open category too.
    Within couple of years, all 4 of them should make a consistent top 10 place for themselves.

While KV and LSF looked better years ago. LS surely leads the quartet rn. Wouldn't be surprised if LS and KV becomes the next big rivalry

Baddyforall likes this.
  12. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Kodai leads based on form

ChildrenOfBadminton likes this.
  13. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

based on form , Kodai>KV>LSF>lakshya. LS burned out months ago. he has been figured out. even kodai ig has more titles and semi finishes than him. straight sets loss to kodai . kodai is just sen with a proper attack.

14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The way these kids Kodai, Kunlavut are playing, and with Kento, Kenta, Kanta, LZJ, AA in the next tier and Viktor at the absolute top. We better not expect any success from Indian MS for next 3-4 years, Of course LS is only and only a tiny ray of an even tiner hope.

Kidambi gonna suffer, so bad, he is not gonna have a good time, and I am sad for him too as he is but helpless.

oh, I almost forgot the Chinese.

15. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Don’t worry I’ll meet him next week and give him Boost- the secret of our energy :cool:

Sumanth99 likes this.
  16. ChildrenOfBadminton

please do . would do anything to see kidambi back in top 5 and beating kodai, kv, etc.

Baddie lover likes this.
  17. ChildrenOfBadminton

his style is my favourite. personality, mindset, unparalelled.

#377 ChildrenOfBadminton, Jan 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    Baddie lover likes this.
  18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Mindset??? One of the most fragile player on court, mentally speaking.

If he continues to play like the way he is currently, there's no hope really.
    The biggest talent we saw this decade is going downhill and the coaches don't seem to be bothered. Why don't we have a good MS coach yet is beyond me.

LS is here to stay, wish could say the same for others

19. ChildrenOfBadminton

need good coach , true. as kashyap said in the past we need indian previous top players to coach.however we have our top 3 in top 15 and might even be top 10 all at once this year. i like kidambi because his shots are just too good. like slice, effortless defence winners, etc. BAI needs to do better . kidmabi was better than momotu and axelsen at a point but gone down in 2016 , before rising as a world beater in 2017. since 2018 he is on a slump. needs to get out asap. i believe he can continue till 33-34. 2nd innings should start now. need a good coach. we need kashyap, anup, etc to step up big time for indian badminton.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    - Can't disagree anymore. KS under Mulyo was great, PV under her Korean coaches was great and Boe now for SatChi. Indian coaches unfortunately don't seem to do anything. And they can't seem to retain oversee coaches.